Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Cookiee wrote: »
    So strange just after I posted this I got an update: The item is on transport to the country of destination

Happy days, it's not lost and it's on the way to Ireland supposedly

It just arrived to Dublin sorting centre today, not bad at all, 5 days from PostNL to An post, I should receive it by tomorrow hopefully.

Posting this update incase someone is also waiting on a PostNL package, their delivery times are pretty normal again!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dominoman

Just received one of my missing items from March. Ordered 30/03/2020 posted according to date on package 03/04/2020 arrived today 09/09/2020. Only 158 days to get here!! Worst thing is I reordered the same item 19/08/2020 and that one arrived in 15 days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Singapore post seems to be rubbish and hard to track phone cases shipped on 6/22 still not arrived and of course AliExpress auto completed the order! Even though seller protection has been extended.
    I usually get stuff shipped with AliExpress standard shipping as most reliable might go with china post on next items I order.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭PreCocious

Tracking info and sites for Chinese shipments seems to vary in their quality. I ordered a camera on Ali on 8 September. It's being shipped from Poland via Germany. The Cainiao tracking site (recommended in the app) is showing the package as having arrived in destination country. in reality it has just arrived in the German sorting centre for DHL - as can be seen on 17Track and the DHL site.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

PreCocious wrote: »
    Tracking info and sites for Chinese shipments seems to vary in their quality. I ordered a camera on Ali on 8 September. It's being shipped from Poland via Germany. The Cainiao tracking site (recommended in the app) is showing the package as having arrived in destination country. in reality it has just arrived in the German sorting centre for DHL - as can be seen on 17Track and the DHL site.

Yeah same happens to me when my packages go through a transit country, they always say arrived at destination country when really it's in the Netherlands or somewhere else in Europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

R******CN labelled item arrived 10 days after despatch! :eek:

That's second fastest ever.

On the other note, one item, very similarly labelled, now 3 months in limbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Just received a package today from Singapore that I ordered in the middle of March. I had long given up on it haha I'd love to know were that was the past 6 months haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I had given up too but got a package yesterday and another one today . Both purchased early June.

Unregistered Users

joujoujou wrote: »
    [...] 3 months in limbo.

And arrived. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Malaysia post, 90 days in transit. About 115+ all in from order to doorstep.

2020-06-23 12:02
    In Transit, Item Sent to Ireland
    2020-06-22 13:12
    In Transit, Item Posted Over The Counter to Ireland
    2020-06-03 13:25
    In Transit, Dispatch PreAlert to Ireland

• Advertisement

3 times I bought a micro SD card.Only one arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Anyone have any experiences with YunExpress? An item I ordered from a marketplace seller on Amazon is coming with them. I paid £6 for postage so I hope it's not one of the ultra slow services.

VG31 wrote: »
    Anyone have any experiences with YunExpress? An item I ordered from a marketplace seller on Amazon is coming with them. I paid £6 for postage so I hope it's not one of the ultra slow services.

I presume you read this :

Yun Express is an asia-pacific transport company. It is not a newby to the delivery market and works worldwide. ... It usually takes 20-45 days to get packages delivered but sometimes it can take around 3 month. But there is usually no problem and most buyers get their packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Do they treat items from EU/UK warehouses of Chinese companies the same as if it comes from China? I ordered something from Banggood UK warehouse 2 weeks ago with a 2-5 day delivery time and no side of it. I forgot that all our air freight gets trucked from the UK.

Edit...

Never mind, post man called with a package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

A new record for me. Another package arrives today, ordered 21st Jan, expected delivery Feb 13!
    252 days!

2020-01-31 20:01:13 Zhengzhou Package Received
    .... snip
    2020-02-11 18:08:06 BeijingCity Departure from Regional Sorting Center
    2020-02-11 20:35:58 BeijingCity Handed over to Airlines
    2020-09-29 06:54:00 IE Arrival at Processing Center
    2020-09-29 07:54:00 IE Arrival at Delivery Office

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

KAGY wrote: »
    A new record for me. Another package arrives today, ordered 21st Jan, expected delivery Feb 13!
    252 days!

2020-01-31 20:01:13 Zhengzhou Package Received
    .... snip
    2020-02-11 18:08:06 BeijingCity Departure from Regional Sorting Center
    2020-02-11 20:35:58 BeijingCity Handed over to Airlines
    2020-09-29 06:54:00 IE Arrival at Processing Center
    2020-09-29 07:54:00 IE Arrival at Delivery Office

Had you received a refund on it? I ordered three items from Aliexpress on Sept 20th, one of which is KN95 masks, it arrived in Ireland on Sept 26th after just 6 days and has spent the last 4 days stuck in Irish customs with Estimated delivery: Oct 08 - Oct 16. Looks like they are presumably prioritising PPE gear at the moment.

The other two items, 1 has not left China yet and the other is in Singapore :confused: I guess its a case of see ya when I see ya and maybe I'll get ya for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

cainiao super economy arrived today dispached 06-05 went through B post belgium

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

VG31 wrote: »

In case anyone else is wondering it took 12 days in total. It was 5 days from leaving China.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Got an ali express order today that I had ordered the 25th June. I ordered 2 products from same shop on same day (had to order separate for free shipping) both were dispatched same time but the other one arrived 14th July. Talk about taking the scenic route

• Registered Users Posts: 23,333 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Ordered an item Aliexpress 17/09 and it arrived 27/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 KerrySurfer

Hi folks, anyone have any idea if the status below gives any indication of an interest taken by customs? Item ordered on Ali on 2020-09-23.

PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE, CO LAOIS, Your delivery has been sorted in
    2020-10-26 19:48

PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE, CO LAOIS, Your delivery was received by An Post in
    2020-10-26 18:48

Thanks!

Unregistered Users

Had one item delivered 2 days ago with similar tracking history - Portlaoise, etc, as yours. Customs not involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 KerrySurfer

joujoujou wrote: »
    Had one item delivered 2 days ago with similar tracking history - Portlaoise, etc, as yours. Customs not involved.

Thanks a mill joojoujou, that's good to hear! :D

Got a package left at front door today . Bought on 5th march - Address label is dated 14th March,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Some of the stories above about months-long delays suggest I've not much to worry about here, but here goes anyway....

Am an Ali Express novice, having previously bought only one item - was ordered in January and arrived sometime in early March.

Then ordered two other things on October 17 last. One of them got here last week.

For the other (from a different seller), tracking says it departed country of origin (i.e. China) on October 19. But no update since then, and it's now a full month later, even though it surely must have landed somewhere since that depature!

Is this sort of thing common?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Is this sort of thing common?

Go back through a page or two of this thread and all will be revealed.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Go back through a page or two of this thread and all will be revealed.

Already did, before posting the above. The past couple of pages talk about various delays all right, but I don't see one with quite the same thing as what I'm asking about, where the tracking says "departed country of origin" but shows no sign of it ever actually arriving anywhere else.

If it was showing as "arrived in destination country" or even arrived anywhere else along the way, at least I'd know where it was. But as things stand, it doesn't seem to be anywhere.

Just curious because I chose the same shipping method for the other item I ordered from a different seller on the same day. That too said "departed country of origin" on the same date, and then arrived here a week or more ago.

But thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Already did, before posting the above. The past couple of pages talk about various delays all right, but I don't see one with quite the same thing as what I'm asking about, where the tracking says "departed country of origin" but shows no sign of it ever actually arriving anywhere else.

If it was showing as "arrived in destination country" or even arrived anywhere else along the way, at least I'd know where it was. But as things stand, it doesn't seem to be anywhere.

Just curious because I chose the same shipping method for the other item I ordered from a different seller on the same day. That too said "departed country of origin" on the same date, and then arrived here a week or more ago.

But thanks anyway.

was there any tracking for item that arrived after it said "departed country of origin"? some shipping methods dont have tracking outside china.

was there any tracking for item that arrived after it said "departed country of origin"? some shipping methods dont have tracking outside china.

Actually just looking at it now:
    2020-11-10 09:52
    Delivered
    Delivery successful

2020-11-10 08:02
    Delivering
    Shipment at local distribution center

2020-11-10 05:59
    Accepted by Last Mile Carrier

2020-10-19 17:00
    Departed country of origin

So yeah, it was updated after the "departed country of origin" all right....but not until the "accepted by last mile carrier" (presumably referring to An Post), on the day before it was actually delivered. No mention of it arriving in country of destination either, or of being at customs, or anything like that.

So I guess it might just be held up there. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Actually just looking at it now:
    2020-11-10 09:52
    Delivered
    Delivery successful

2020-11-10 08:02
    Delivering
    Shipment at local distribution center

2020-11-10 05:59
    Accepted by Last Mile Carrier

2020-10-19 17:00
    Departed country of origin

So yeah, it was updated after the "departed country of origin" all right....but not until the "accepted by last mile carrier" (presumably referring to An Post), on the day before it was actually delivered. No mention of it arriving in country of destination either, or of being at customs, or anything like that.

So I guess it might just be held up there. Thanks.

it is probably sitting in a cage somewhere waiting for an inward scan. An Post are backed up at the moment. So much so my postman is working saturday and sunday

Advertisement