Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carers Allowance

• 23-09-2020 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi hope this is the correct place to put this thread but anyway, I am caring for my partner who has epilepsy I posted off carers forms and all relevant information around 2 weeks ago. Today I received a letter asking for more financial information. Does this mean a decision will be made soon? Seems very quick!

I thought the process was just to receive a letter first stating they've received documentation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Teatimebride

kayjay123 wrote: »
    Hi hope this is the correct place to put this thread but anyway, I am caring for my partner who has epilepsy I posted off carers forms and all relevant information around 2 weeks ago. Today I received a letter asking for more financial information. Does this mean a decision will be made soon? Seems very quick!

I thought the process was just to receive a letter first stating they've received documentation.

Is the letter looking for up to date financial info or additional financial info?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kayjay123

Is the letter looking for up to date financial info or additional financial info?

Just a statement from credit union .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Teatimebride

If you didn't submit a CU statement for the account with application, or submitted a very old one then I suspect it is more a case of them making sure your application has all relevant up to datepaperwork before it enters the q for processing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Before they assess your application they do a quick check to ensure that all of the required information is included - as you had omitted some required info. they wrote to you seeking it - send it back asap so your application can get into the processing queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

afaik financial statements must be within the last 3 months, might be a while before it gets to the Deciding Officer's desk

• Advertisement

This morning I got a letter through the door with a new public services card with FT-P on it?

What does this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

This morning I got a letter through the door with a new public services card with FT-P on it?

What does this mean?

It means holder of card is personally entitled to free travel

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    It means holder of card is personally entitled to free travel

Yes I know but prior to applying for carers I was not entitled to free travel? I'm just wondering does this free travel card have any bearing on whether I'm getting carers allowance or not?

Yes I know but prior to applying for carers I was not entitled to free travel? I'm just wondering does this free travel card have any bearing on whether I'm getting carers allowance or not?

It looks like a positive sign as it's a benifit given to carers. I'm curious however, did you apply for a new card or was existing one updated? I understood for these cards to be renewed your required to attend physically, photo taken etc, but perhaps not if a person's entitlement changes, they must just issue updated card.also you mentioned they are looking for further financial info so seems strange they'd issue an updated card before decision made?

Dempo1 wrote: »
    It looks like a positive sign as it's a benifit given to carers. I'm curious however, did you apply for a new card or was existing one updated? I understood for these cards to be renewed your required to attend physically, photo taken etc, but perhaps not if a person's entitlement changes, they must just issue updated card.also you mentioned they are looking for further financial info so seems strange they'd issue an updated card before decision made?

I already had a standard social services card which is due to expire in Feb 2021 today's card has FT-P written on it and expires on the same date

• Advertisement

I already had a standard social services card which is due to expire in Feb 2021 today's card has FT-P written on it and expires on the same date

Well that's positive so :) expiry date will remain same but I'd say at that stage you'll need to attend etc

Quick update just checked the mygov website and it says I got awarded carers allowance alongside carers benefit.

My JSA has been cancelled so id imagine I'm getting full rate? Would it be feasible or possible to change to half rate? The person I'm caring for receives DA

Advertisement