Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-05-2020, 13:12   #76
Discod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbil View Post
€80 per year for the hosting, plus €2 per month for back up, plus€10 per year for ssl plus €30 per year for domain name

30 for domain, it's not com, net etc I guess

Why they advise to change it, can't figure out, how many vistors you have monthly?
Advertisement
18-05-2020, 13:59   #77
jamesbil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discod View Post
30 for domain, it's not com, net etc I guess
My mistake. not 30.

Why they advise to change it, can't figure out, how many vistors you have monthly?
Said better speed and security. Noticeably faster loading wp admin. Not many visitors really. average 80 daily, max 300
20-05-2020, 11:19   #78
Discod

Quote:
Said better speed and security. Noticeably faster loading wp admin. Not many visitors really. average 80 daily, max 300

80 daily it's nothing
21-05-2020, 09:24   #79
M.T.D

Send a message via Skype™ to M.T.D
A general server is set up for many uses probably using apache.
If a server is just set up for one particular type of website e.g. WordPress then much of the caching, compressing content etc. is handled by the server with litespeed or nginx.
This means less for you to worry about on the site, but stricter rules to follow some plugins won't be allowed, less load on the server so sites can display quicker. Server operator can monitor what is happening on the server more effectively and hopefully apply corrections before anybody's site speed is affected.

I run sites on several server set ups, and if the site is optimised, although there would still be gains on a litespeed server, they would be marginal for many sites.

If you have optimised your own site content, run a caching plugin, lazy load etc. and monitor your site's performance and you are happy with the speed of your site then do not change.
Thanks from:
27-07-2020, 14:52   #80
jamesbil

Hi again,
I'm trying to find someone to do a bit of work on my site for the LEO voucher grant.
Any recommendations? I need to get 3 quotes.
Advertisement
27-07-2020, 17:07   #81
daymobrew

Quote:
Hi again,
I'm trying to find someone to do a bit of work on my site for the LEO voucher grant.
You should list the work involved to see if it fits with their availability and abilities.
27-07-2020, 17:36   #82
jamesbil

Quote:
Originally Posted by daymobrew View Post
You should list the work involved to see if it fits with their availability and abilities.
Thanks
A bit hard to list it actually as a pro will probably see things that need to be done that I dont see.

Mainly tweaks to make everything consistent, seo work, email and newsletter templates and some back end refinement.

It's not a full redesign.
31-07-2020, 06:06   #83
Discod

Quote:
Hi again,

what work you need? when? what kind of site is?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion