Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone SIRO router

• 29-09-2020 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭

Just got my SIRO installed with vodafone. Kinda in a weird situation now and wanted to ask for some advice.

I had planned on using my old trusty router in bridging mode with vodafone, that way no hassle or new networks passwords all over the house. Downside is that means three, three pin plugs clustered around the SIRO point - ugly and messy.

Using my phone the coverage from the supplied vodafone router is actually good and in some cases better. But I am worried its traffic management will be worse and plenty other issues that i do not experience with the existing router.

Looking for opinions on the vodafone router and weather it's worth leave it or head into bridging mode, which might be moot given that I also want a landline phone in, im not sure that is doable.

Advertisement