Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John Haynes has passed away

• 12-02-2019 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭

John Haynes the inventor of the Haynes manuals has died aged 81.
    I think all motorcyclists have used at least one of his manuals at some point.
    I know I have and no it wasn't perfect but as long as you have some mechanical knowledge they help an awful lot.
    https://haynes.com/en-us/john-harold-haynes-obe-obituary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,606 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Just bought another one yesterday for the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've one for at least every bike I've owned over the last 33 years except for my present R1200GS.

I love them, and love that their design hardly changed over those years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Newsnight just had a lovely tribute - the plan for the Newsnight Studio!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

RIP :'(

Always try to get one of those manuals for each bike I own.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Is it true the undertakers didn't follow instructions and ended up bringing his coffin to the wrong church :D

R.I.P John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Sad alright..RIP

But I always tried to get a Clymer...much better imo...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

Sad alright..RIP

But I always tried to get a Clymer...much better imo...:o

Are Clymer not part of Haynes group?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

rock22 wrote: »
    Are Clymer not part of Haynes group?

They are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Strange thing I always found with Haynes manuals - they never mentioned anything about footpegs or foot controls for some bizarre reason

Life ain't always empty.

Strange thing I always found with Haynes manuals - they never mentioned anything about footpegs or foot controls for some bizarre reason

they left out quite a few operations in my experience .."Remove the battery...then remove the engine"....:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

"The coffin lid may be closed with the use of special tool 12G7863. If this is not available, an alternative may be improvised as follows..."

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

Haynes manual: wouldn't be without it, great idea and well done mostly, comprehensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,606 ✭✭✭✭listermint

listermint wrote: »
    Just bought another one yesterday for the car.

Manual arrived today.

Have it say John disappointed its softback

Miss the hard back .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Never owned a haynes manual, only had a glimpse at them in Halfords over the years. Are the hardbacks done away with?

Never owned a haynes manual, only had a glimpse at them in Halfords over the years. Are the hardbacks done away with?

Probably considered an offensive weapon these days....:rolleyes:.....nowhere to put the cup a tae.....:P

Advertisement