Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you buy....

• 03-02-2019 9:50pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Would anyone be put off a Pony / horse that windsucks?
    We’ve been offerered a super pony that has a great SJI record jumping 1m & 1.10m. It’s mid-teens (which doesn’t bother me as we are already competing on a 22 year old who has the energy of a pony half its age) but was told it wind sucks. Have never had a pony who has done this.
    I’ve no problem buying it, it’s selling it on again next year that I’m worried about, we’re out of ponies this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Bunnyslippers

No I wouldn’t, there are plenty of horses out there who don’t. Vices bring down the value of a horse a lot, so if you’re looking to resell I would walk away and find another, plus the horses age will also be harder to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

It all depends on price really.

If its your last year in ponies, would you not consider getting onto a schoolmaster horse a year early rather than spend just a season with the windsucker? Personally, it would have to be better than a metre/ 1.10 pony before I'd go for something like that, and even then you would want it coming with a decent discount.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Thanks for replies. It can jump much higher than 1:10 but no record of this. I know the owner.
    It’s at a seriously discounted price in my opinion (4K) for what it can do.

I’m thinking the same way as last poster and going for a small schoolmaster horse and use that and our other 148 for this year. There’s a few around here for sale that are jumping decent tracks and are not going to break the bank which is an added bonus.

Think I’ll give this lad a skip though. Too many cons and not enough pros.

Advertisement