Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huge range of vegan food introduced in M&S

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Recipe link??

Here you go https://www.bosh.tv/recipes/cauliflower-buffalo-wings
    Its effort, but worth it I felt!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That's very expensive all right, I can get these bbq cauli wings for 6e in a local place in dublin and there are a lot of them. It's a vegan place that has won best street food in ireland 2 out of the last 3 years. Vish.shop

w81it098rb021.jpg

They are easy to do yourself all right too, really delicious. Not as nice as the above but really great when breaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

That's very expensive all right, I can get these bbq cauli wings for 6e in a local place in dublin and there are a lot of them. It's a vegan place that has won best street food in ireland 2 out of the last 3 years. Vish.shop

They are easy to do yourself all right too, really delicious. Not as nice as the above but really great when breaded.

They look lovely Tar!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh they are! If anybody ever wants to give the place a try it's on Dorset street. https://www.facebook.com/pg/Vish.Shop/posts/?ref=page_internal

I've had these too - absolutely gorgeous, and I've never been able to finish a portion!

• Advertisement

It's dangerously close to my house! I have to walk past it on the way home :D Their main restaurant Veginity is really good too.

I havent made it to Veginity yet! I used to order from Vish when they were on Just Eat as they were at the Eatyard, but I guess its not worth them doing deliveries from their current location!

So today in tesco I found Gosh have cauli bites as well for €2.99. Dont look as good as the m&s ones but might be worth trying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Anyone know of a dairy free cheese that would be closest to a Cheddar Cheese in taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

Happy4all wrote: »
    Anyone know of a dairy free cheese that would be closest to a Cheddar Cheese in taste?
    Hi Happy4all. I love the Violife Cheddar Slices.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

koko cheddar, it has a cocnut aftertaste though so best in something like a sandwich or with relish and so on. Very cheddary and nails the texture. Can get it in dunnes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi Happy4all. I love the Violife Cheddar Slices.

Couldn't find this in local Tesco. Any ideas what supermarkets stock it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

I found them in the Quay Co-op in Cork City: http://www.quaycoop.com -- I presume they are in plenty of other places though.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

These are in my local Supervalu - but personally I don't like Violife cheese.....think it's rubbery!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Dunnes.

You’re better off getting the grated version imo, & make sure you have it melted.

Got around to trying the Macaroni - well should I really say heating it... I didn't even try it to be honest....heated it up in the microwave for the 2 minutes suggested and stirred it well and then left it sitting for 1 minute but the smell was enough to make me not want to taste it....was this just me?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Got around to trying the Macaroni - well should I really say heating it... I didn't even try it to be honest....heated it up in the microwave for the 2 minutes suggested and stirred it well and then left it sitting for 1 minute but the smell was enough to make me not want to taste it....was this just me?!?

I found most of this new vegan range to be fairly horrible.

The first time I had it, I enjoyed it. The second time, not so much.

Just wondering has anyone elses M&S dramatically reduced the amount of Plant Kitchen products they are stocking - I can get little or nothing in mine now....they obviously weren't selling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Just wondering has anyone elses M&S dramatically reduced the amount of Plant Kitchen products they are stocking - I can get little or nothing in mine now....they obviously weren't selling!!

Not for me. They have expanded their range I found with the likes of Churros now available

• Advertisement

Maybe it depends where you are yeah, one in dublin I go to has expanded.

Might be the same as tesco, they put a lot of their range in at the start and kept the best sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭deaglan1

Has anyone tried the €1 vegan sausage rolls at Apple Green? They are really good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

deaglan1 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the €1 vegan sausage rolls at Apple Green? They are really good

Yeah I’ve had a few.

Really nice and filling as well!!

No applegreen anywhere near me but there are billboards and radio ads for these sausage rolls. i must have a walk out and try one or five.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭65535

They are selling like hotcakes !
    None available in Applegreen in Lemybrien (N25 Waterford to Cork)

Gone to €1.75 now I'm told.

I think I have managed to get hold of the coleslaw (which I love) about 4 times :/
    I haven't noticed less of the products overall, but just wish they were in sensible places.... a while back I was finding the coleslaw with pork sausages as if it was the only available space or something!

Advertisement