Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Wont be at castleknock. Can get you at Carlow, or do a transfer if that suits better?

Same as this

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Wont be at castleknock. Can get you at Carlow, or do a transfer if that suits better?
    Same as this

Of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Is there space left in the inn Seve ? I believe TheChamp was looking for accomodation. I'll let him know if there is.

Macker1 wrote: »
    Is there space left in the inn Seve ? I believe TheChamp was looking for accomodation. I'll let him know if there is.

yea there is
    do you need a spot also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Seve OB wrote: »
    yea there is
    do you need a spot also?

Grand I'll say it to TheChamp in the morning....... I'm ok for accomodation as I'm making a weekend of it with the missus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 ThecHamp26

yea there is
    do you need a spot also?

Hi Seve I’m looking for a room. What’s the plan is there anyone going down on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

never to late
    send me a pm with
    full name
    mobile number
    email
    handicap
    club

Ive sent you a pm... sure its never too late is it?

ThecHamp26 wrote: »
    Hi Seve I’m looking for a room. What’s the plan is there anyone going down on the Friday.

no probs champ will stick your name on a room, still a couple of spots left I think if anyone else wants

Ive sent you a pm... sure its never too late is it?

no, always welcome new members or guests.
    I've added you in now on teamer, hope to see you at an outing soon

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

no probs champ will stick your name on a room, still a couple of spots left I think if anyone else wants

Sorry, just realised now, my plan was to go on Fri and go back home after the game and a pint. I think the booking you have is for Sat night Seve?

• Advertisement

jarrieta wrote: »
    Sorry, just realised now, my plan was to go on Fri and go back home after the game and a pint. I think the booking you have is for Sat night Seve?

yes Saturday night for hotel

yes Saturday night for hotel

Ok, checking the times that sounds right, don't think I will be in the mood to get back home that late and that far. Thanks!

So I will need to get something for the night before as I plan to play something on Fri

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ThecHamp26

Hi Seve , is the room for both Friday and Saturday night... I’m planning to head down on Friday and get a round in

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

If anyone is stuck on the Friday night, The Glenbeigh Hotel beside Dooks is available, and about 5 mins from Killorglin town

Updated Table
    486174.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Crikey i need two good finishes in the next 2 events.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Crikey i need two good finishes in the next 2 events.

You and me both

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

You and me both

Make that 3 of us!!!

So for rooms I have

Seve OB
    Benny79
    roadrunner
    bigchap
    fixdepitchmark
    spacecoyote
    Kilth
    pakman
    a post punk
    jarrieta
    offaly medic
    Brian

Hi Seve, sorry for the late notice, I am not going to be able to make it as I will be travelling a lot in September and cannot commit to anything at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

A few people I have played with in the past few events know that I was planning a move to Seattle. The move is cancelled now, decided to stay here in Ireland instead!

I am back in for Dooks now as well, will do my own hotel reservations Seve.

• Advertisement

ThecHamp26 wrote: »
    Hi Seve , is the room for both Friday and Saturday night... I’m planning to head down on Friday and get a round in

@seve

Just a follow up on this point. I might have missed an answer somewhere. The rooms you booked, are they 1 night or 2?

just one space for Saturday night

need to confirm with everyone please and sort payments out by next outing.

Guys, would it be worth throwing a teamer request up for Friday golf before captains too, to try lock down some numbers & get some slots booked?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

CharlieIRL and I are playing Newcastle West on the Friday on the way down and Ballyneety on the Sunday on the way back (Open)

slave1 wrote: »
    CharlieIRL and I are playing Newcastle West on the Friday on the way down and Ballyneety on the Sunday on the way back (Open)

Myself Golfnut and The Kingswood Rover are heading down on Friday, What time you looking at ? Is it an open ? If not we could put a few quid in for a sweep if you ok with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

slave1 wrote:

I might join ye in NCW

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

A few of us have mentioned open in dromoland also. How many are playing adare?

Looking on Golfnet, in terms of opens on the 20th, the options appear to be (in the Munster region):

Co. Tipperary
    Goldcoast
    Ennis
    Tramore
    Dromoland
    Slievenamon
    Ballykisteen
    Faithlegg
    Beaufort
    Mallow
    Kanturk

I'm easy on choice of course. Would like to play an open though as otherwise I won't get any qualifying golf in that weekend

A few of us have mentioned open in dromoland also. How many are playing adare?

Adare is a good option(not main course) and breakfast in Charlie Chawkes at top of town is top notch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Adare is a good option(not main course) and breakfast in Charlie Chawkes at top of town is top notch
    Adores open is of a Tuesday

Advertisement