Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I chose the wrong course :(

Options
  • 17-08-2018 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I always thought I wanted to do accounting because there's good money in it but I prefer science however I thought accounting was a safer choice. So I put accounting in dcu as my first choice now I realise that I don't want accounting anymore and I would be much more happier doing a science related course ,I have the points for it too .what should I do?
    Is there anyway I can complete first semester of college and apply for a different course after

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Just Google "change course dcu".

There's about 5 different links and threads on boards.ie for people in your exact situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Cookie201 wrote: »
    I always thought I wanted to do accounting because there's good money in it but I prefer science however I thought accounting was a safer choice. So I put accounting in dcu as my first choice now I realise that I don't want accounting anymore and I would be much more happier doing a science related course ,I have the points for it too .what should I do?
    Is there anyway I can complete first semester of college and apply for a different course after

It's unlikely, but may be possible if you're be transferring internally.If attempting to transfer to a different college, I'd say your chances are slim, and will be referred to the CAO for next year. You could contact the admissions team and ask?

Worst case scenario, Take a gap year and work for the year, It won't kill you.
    https://www.dcu.ie/students/az/transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cookie201

It's unlikely, but may be possible if you're be transferring internally.If attempting to transfer to a different college, I'd say your chances are slim, and will be referred to the CAO for next year. You could contact the admissions team and ask?

Worst case scenario, Take a gap year and work for the year, It won't kill you.
    https://www.dcu.ie/students/az/transfer

Can I change course internally on the first day of college or before it even starts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Cookie201 wrote: »
    Can I change course internally on the first day of college or before it even starts
    I'd be guessing at this stage, but I can't imagine so, Unless maybe there were available places in the Science course? But that won't be likely. Only one way to find out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CuriousJuice

Hello, I'm in quite the similar situation as yourself, looking for help and would appreciate if you could share how you solved the situation? Thank you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement