Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to expect in the Boilerhouse

• 22-06-2017 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey I'm going to the Boilerhouse for the first time tomorrow. I'm meeting up with someone, I have no idea what could happen. When I walk in is there a reception or a gate like in a club or is it like a narrow hall like you see in seedy movies. Is the whole place a sauna? Is there private rooms where we could go off to? Will other men just come up to me and start touching me without asking?

Sorry if these questions has been asked before but I couldn't find these exact answers on the board. I will appreciate any heads up so thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

JaegerJak wrote: »
    Hey I'm going to the Boilerhouse for the first time tomorrow. I'm meeting up with someone, I have no idea what could happen. When I walk in is there a reception or a gate like in a club or is it like a narrow hall like you see in seedy movies. Is the whole place a sauna? Is there private rooms where we could go off to? Will other men just come up to me and start touching me without asking?

Sorry if these questions has been asked before but I couldn't find these exact answers on the board. I will appreciate any heads up so thanks.

PM me if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Website???

The Boiler house appears to have a website OP

Isn't that unusual 😉

Just had a look

It says standard entry is 'x' price

Unwaged entry is 'y' price

Then it says unwaged doesn't mean someone in receipt of a pension
    That made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

You'll see lots of obnoxious attitude if you're not a gorgeous twink under 25 or hung like an elephant.

But as long as you don't let that faze you...

The entry Hall is long and skinny where you arrange for entry. This may seem seedy or creepy, but it's a good design from a security standpoint.

One inside, there are nice parts, seedy parts, and other parts.
    Whether you enjoy yourself will depend mainly on your own attitude and how thick your skin is.
    If you're meeting someone there, hopefully you'll get on and have fun in a fairly safe environment.
    If you don't get on, there's lots of other men there, or you can just relax and enjoy the saunas, the jacuzzi, and lots of eye candy.
    There is a lot to be said for being able to relax around a bunch of naked and nearly naked men of various shapes, sizes and colors.

I hope you have a good time.

Heebie wrote: »
    You'll see lots of obnoxious attitude if you're not a gorgeous twink under 25 or hung like an elephant.

But as long as you don't let that faze you...

What a rather odd "observation". In the times I have frequented the BH I have never seen that "attitude".
    Heebie wrote: »
    The entry Hall is long and skinny where you arrange for entry. This may seem seedy or creepy, but it's a good design from a security standpoint.

One inside, there are nice parts, seedy parts, and other parts.
    Whether you enjoy yourself will depend mainly on your own attitude and how thick your skin is.
    If you're meeting someone there, hopefully you'll get on and have fun in a fairly safe environment.
    If you don't get on, there's lots of other men there, or you can just relax and enjoy the saunas, the jacuzzi, and lots of eye candy.
    There is a lot to be said for being able to relax around a bunch of naked and nearly naked men of various shapes, sizes and colors.

I hope you have a good time.

If ever there was a description to put one off its the above.
    Your mention of the word "seedy" is odd. What is "seedy"

Are you are expecting people to sit around reading Mills and Boon and drinking tea?

For goodness sake,People go into the Boilerhouse to meet someone and have to sex, just like you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

As there any point in going during the day?

• Advertisement

Gael23 wrote: »
    As there any point in going during the day?

Yea why not

Mr.Frame wrote: »
    Yea why not

I've heard it's all men in their 50s and 60s which I'd have no interest in

I've heard it's all men in their 50s and 60s which I'd have no interest in

forget about what you "heard" , go in for yourself and see whos there.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭rochey84

I always love it when I see a thread about the Boilerhouse on here, so many people calling it hell on earth and sleazy af etc, now either one of 2 things is happening here, they've been and experienced all this and it wasn't for them, or they heard all this and like to judge others without experiencing it. Bottom line here is if you experienced it and didn't enjoy it state that and let the OP make up his own mind and if you have only "heard" what it's like STFU and let people who have experienced it give opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

forget about what you "heard" , go in for yourself and see whos there.

How is this good advice?!

• Advertisement

How is this good advice?!

It's the best kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

It's the best kind.

The best kind of advice is, "Find out for yourself"? Every film review: find out for yourself? Every travel guide: find out for yourself? Every medical consultation: find out for yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

It's reflective of the fact that there's so many wide ranging opinions on the place.

"I've heard this..." "I've heard that..." "I've heard something else..."

Maybe you should stop worrying about what you've heard and, if you're interested, go in for yourself and see who's there.

It's perfectly fine advice, all things considered. Leaving again if you don't like what you find is always an option.

Went in this morning. Not a bad experience but I feel really dirty even after a long shower

Went in this morning. Not a bad experience but I feel really dirty even after a long shower

Why so ?
    Have you been with guys before ?

Why so ?
    Have you been with guys before ?
    Getting anal from a stranger just made me feel a little manky

Getting anal from a stranger just made me feel a little manky

But youve been with guys before I take it ?
    Why did you decide to have anal if it was going to make you feel a little manky?

To be honest most of us who have had encounters with guys for the first time often feel "dirty", Its normal .

I remember the first time I was ever with a guy I came home and had a shower immediately and like you felt a little "dirty" but it passes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Why did you decide to have anal if it was going to make you feel a little manky?

Ah don't go there.

Gael23 you had an experience anyway and however you feel about it after the fact I assume the guy was someone you were comfortable with at the time anyway, not someone in their 50s or 60s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Ah don't go there.

Gael23 you had an experience anyway and however you feel about it after the fact I assume the guy was someone you were comfortable with at the time anyway, not someone in their 50s or 60s.

Maybe he's comfortable with guys in their 50s or 60s?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,907 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Maybe he's comfortable with guys in their 50s or 60s?
    Comfortable, quite possibly. But he is not interested in them as sexual partners.

• Advertisement

Not sure what age he was to be honest. Older than I would have liked for sure, maybe that's why I didn't enjoy it so much. Wasn't too aroused by him shall we say.

Not sure what age he was to be honest. Older than I would have liked for sure, maybe that's why I didn't enjoy it so much. Wasn't too aroused by him shall we say.

So why hook up with him in the first place then ?

The majority of guys I know who.go to the BH will pick the least worst option if their ideal isn't there. Maybe it's because they paid for entry but they seem to believe they have to hook up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Manion

You recommended people experience it for themselves rather than taking someone else's word for it but now seem confused how someone might find the experience negative, as if it's their fault for not knowing it would be upfront.

It takes a lot of maturity and experience to know what you're into and have the confidence to walk away from what you are not. Personally the idea of having sex with randomers has always been something that didn't appeal to me. Some of my friends learnt that the hard way, others like that life.

Manion wrote: »
    You recommended people experience it for themselves rather than taking someone else's word for it but now seem confused how someone might find the experience negative, as if it's their fault for not knowing it would be upfront.

It takes a lot of maturity and experience to know what you're into and have the confidence to walk away from what you are not. Personally the idea of having sex with randomers has always been something that didn't appeal to me. Some of my friends learnt that the hard way, others like that life.

If I could thank this 100 times I would. I went for sex like everyone else in there but the experience showed me that I need to do that with someone I know and trust. I went in the afternoon so my ideal was unlikely to be there. Maybe if I tried on a Saturday night it would, I don't know.

LLMMLL wrote: »
    The majority of guys I know who.go to the BH will pick the least worst option if their ideal isn't there. Maybe it's because they paid for entry but they seem to believe they have to hook up.

When I went there many a year ago now,if i didnt see anyone I wanted to hook up with or didnt like what I saw, I left empty handed ( as it were ,lol)

Manion wrote: »

No, I asked why did he go with someone he didnt like or want to be with .
    As i stated above I have gone to the BH before and left because there wasnt anyone i was in to.

If I could thank this 100 times I would. I went for sex like everyone else in there but the experience showed me that I need to do that with someone I know and trust. I went in the afternoon so my ideal was unlikely to be there. Maybe if I tried on a Saturday night it would, I don't know.

I have often gone on a Sat afternoon and met some really nice guys. It doesnt really hold that if you go on a sat night you might find your ideal guy.
    Yes you might , but you might not also,there is no right time as it were.
    Obviously on a fri or Sat night it will be busier so who knows. ....

I have often gone on a Sat afternoon and met some really nice guys. It doesnt really hold that if you go on a sat night you might find your ideal guy.
    Yes you might , but you might not also,there is no right time as it were.
    Obviously on a fri or Sat night it will be busier so who knows. ....
    Good point, I was thinking on the lines of when people aren't working there's bound to be more choice. I know that doesn't mean my ideal would be there.
    I'm sort of feeling like I should get tested after being there too.

• Advertisement

Good point, I was thinking on the lines of when people aren't working there's bound to be more choice. I know that doesn't mean my ideal would be there.
    I'm sort of feeling like I should get tested after being there too.

It's definitely busier on a Saturday night and there's a wide range of guys.

Did you do something particularly unsafe? A guy in the BH is no more likely to have something than a randomers off Grindr. Don't buy into a an internal shame filled narrative that it's an inherently dirty place.

However, if you had bareback sex you should go to an ER asap. Whether that's with a guy from the boiler house or anyone else.

Advertisement