Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

Newbie xx wrote: »
    From what I could see in parkside the D type houses, have their parking to the side of the house.

We have a problem with how the parking is aligned with our house and it does not match with the landscape plans. We also had the incorrect layout of the house attached to our contract. We queried this on the 9.06.17 and have no answer to date. As this hasn't been resolved we haven't signed our contracts, it's taking a lot of the fun out of it for me

Our 'plan' attached to the contract had so little detail it was pretty much a children's impression of what a house looks like! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Newbie xx

corre10 wrote: »
    Drove past the site today. The three X two storeys coloured in green look externally mostly complete. Genuine question - Do you think they'd be completing these first if they are for social housing?
    I really don't know, I raised the question back at the launch and was told there was no section V in the 1st phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fk28

From what I could see in parkside the D type houses, have their parking to the side of the house.

We have a problem with how the parking is aligned with our house and it does not match with the landscape plans. We also had the incorrect layout of the house attached to our contract. We queried this on the 9.06.17 and have no answer to date. As this hasn't been resolved we haven't signed our contracts, it's taking a lot of the fun out of it for me

Yeah it's very annoying how long they take to answer queries. I rang Cairn yesterday and was basically told not to ring them to ring the estate agent but when I ring the estate agent they don't seem to have much information. We signed the contracts but it's subject to them clarifying the driveway situation. I went up to the information suite last weekend too but they couldn't answer my queries either. Hopefully you will get sorted soon.

DrSeuss wrote: »
    I asked questions at the last info suite, I plan on asking the same ones to see if I receive a different answer.

I'll ask as much as I can also. See what we can come up with

Excellent, much appreciated. I'd be interested in a clear answer on the part v allocation. Originally I got the shady 'ah shure don't ya know' sort of answer from Hooke McD. I know it's not anything one can influence and it is needed just get the feeling they've known all along and said nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wacha

Skelp wrote: »
    Of course they kept it quiet. Its the Part V obligation(social housing) of the development so I presume they will wait until the end to build it.

I don't think attached .pdf shows actual social housing units assignment.

Out of these C-types marked in green on "Street 2" (aka Shackleton Place) No.3 was 1 of 3 left for sale in phase 1 when we were booking. And AFAIK Part V units assignments are known well before work commences (i.e developer can better align resources and time schedules as their first commitment is to buyers), so very unlikely this particular No.3 at the Place changed from social housing to free market on the fly.

That B-block on the other hand seems like a candidate for social housing for number of reasons: closest to main road and it's noise, it's duplexes/apartments and, what's most important, no work being done in this corner as of tonight. But it's just my speculation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Fatcat11145

I was told by the selling agent while I went to pay my booking deposit that the block at the entrance is for social housing for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Peter Quill

I was told by the selling agent while I went to pay my booking deposit that the block at the entrance is for social housing for sure

How does everybody feel about that?
    Was anyone else told this when they put a deposit down for Shackleton way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

How does everybody feel about that?
    Was anyone else told this when they put a deposit down for Shackleton way?

Bishops Gate estate in Kilternan and Grace Park Woods in Drumcondra are new developments with the Social Housing blocks at the entrance, it seems to be the way it's done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Adel12

Im okay about it as I knew putting deposit on our house that they would have to allocate so many social housing units. You could speculate about the whole thing but is literally no point in worrying too much. Its a nice block in terms of design. Nobody knows who their neighbours are or what they are like, its one of those things when buying in a new development.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Peter Quill

Adel12 wrote: »
    Im okay about it as I knew putting deposit on our house that they would have to allocate so many social housing units. You could speculate about the whole thing but is literally no point in worrying too much. Its a nice block in terms of design. Nobody knows who their neighbours are or what they are like, its one of those things when buying in a new development.

Yea agree with you there, no point in worrying about it. We are happy with the location and the house so hopefully all works out .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

I was told that there would be part V units in the Block B (duplex block), may be some in Block A (apartment block) and in future phases, and that there were none in Phase 1 release. I have also looked at the list of houses released for sale in phase 2, and it seems to me that there are none in phase 2 either.

Every new development have to have 10% allocation, developer can't buy out their share any more I believe. So its something we have to live with if we are buying in a new developments even in say D4/D6.

It may be interesting to some that Cairn also own some land south and east of Shackleton (acquired as part of NAMA project clear sale a year and half ago - originally owned by Castlehorn I believe). Castlehorn had a planning permission on this Shackleton site in 2008 for 317 units - much higher density, more duplexes. I personally would not have bought if they had followed that original planning.

audi5 wrote: »
    I was told that there would be part V units in the Block B (duplex block), may be some in Block A (apartment block) and in future phases, and that there were none in Phase 1 release. I have also looked at the list of houses released for sale in phase 2, and it seems to me that there are none in phase 2 either.

Every new development have to have 10% allocation, developer can't buy out their share any more I believe. So its something we have to live with if we are buying in a new developments even in say D4/D6.

It may be interesting to some that Cairn also own some land south and east of Shackleton (acquired as part of NAMA project clear sale a year and half ago - originally owned by Castlehorn I believe). Castlehorn had a planning permission on this Shackleton site in 2008 for 317 units - much higher density, more duplexes. I personally would not have bought if they had followed that original planning.

That is interesting thanks for that info. Agreed, I've no issue with placement of social housing it was more just where they were planned for was my question as I got no clear info on the day I put my deposit down. I personally wouldn't have been interested in duplex accomodation either had they kept the original plans

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DrSeuss

Just back from the information suite, and I could not get much information, but I did feel sorry for the rep as he knew as much as myself.

Based on the parkside homes and brochure schematic, there will be no "lanes" behind the houses. These were in the parkside brouchure, thus were built. There is none in Shackleton, so he assumes there will be none.

He can't understand why sdcc plans are different and assumes the kitchens are at the back, but we need to wait for contracts for this info.

No show homes will be available this side of the new year.

Attics cannot be converted in any home except B type as stated in brochure.

Management fees set around €500 but he feels this is too cheap to include bins.

He thinks the store room in C type will include the water tank contrary to sdcc plans that have separate store.

Again these are all guesses from the rep and assumptions, he seemed pretty sure about the lanes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Fk28 wrote: »
    Has anyone else bought the type D house? We signed contracts today but are finding it very hard to get information on layout and parking.

Honest question... How can you buy a house without knowing how it will look like? :)

I really don't know, I raised the question back at the launch and was told there was no section V in the 1st phase.

I found the sales sheet from the first launch day, 1,2,3 Shackleton place, type C three beds were all for sale. So the current part v is incorrect. I would suspect that they will be in later phases, developer needs to get the buyers in place first I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

I noticed in the file "pre application consultation report form" on the sdcc website it states that "Min Affordable/ Social dwellings: To be negotiated in accordance with relevant legislation and SDCC housing policy and 1 X traveller accommodation facility. "

Has anyone looked into this does this mean a traveller facility is already in tobermaclugg village or there are plans to place one in the development?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fk28

yannakis wrote: »
    Honest question... How can you buy a house without knowing how it will look like? :)

Honest answer.....we bought off plans as everyone else in the development has. There was no show house for the type D layout in Parkside and the information we received from Cairn is different from the original plans. Hence why I asked my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Has anyone who bought a house type C got clarification as to whether the sink is at the front of the house as the plans show or towards the back of the house? I visited the show suite yesterday but they just took my number, I called on Friday too but they didn't have a clue.

I was told by Des from HMcD that it was at the back but all plans show it to the front which is a terrible design! Still waiting clarification when contracts appear but if your unhappy send the contracts back for more info

DrSeuss wrote: »
    I was told by Des from HMcD that it was at the back but all plans show it to the front which is a terrible design! Still waiting clarification when contracts appear but if your unhappy send the contracts back for more info

Have you received contracts yet? When did you pay your booking deposit? It's really hard to get an answer!

• Advertisement

We just paid our deposit last week so we haven't received anything yet. There's a lot of questions we want answered before signing about the estate itself, not what will be built around it because you'll never know in the future!

Have you received contracts yet? When did you pay your booking deposit? It's really hard to get an answer!
    Has anyone who bought a house type C got clarification as to whether the sink is at the front of the house as the plans show or towards the back of the house? I visited the show suite yesterday but they just took my number, I called on Friday too but they didn't have a clue.

According to plans on SDCC, it's at the back, I would be working on that basis.
    When you get your contracts, they should have plans attached.
    I know I had plans attached to mine but they were incorrect and am waiting forever for the answer. I raised the question on the 9th June, the only thing I keep hearing is they're awaiting confirmation from the architects. Be prepared to be patient.

I know I had plans attached to mine but they were incorrect and am waiting forever for the answer. I raised the question on the 9th June, the only thing I keep hearing is they're awaiting confirmation from the architects. Be prepared to be patient.

Are you holding out to send contracts back until you receive confirmation? Or is that a condition?

Are you holding out to send contracts back until you receive confirmation? Or is that a condition?

I'm waiting for answers before I sign the contracts, I want to know what I'm purchasing before I sign anything.
    Both my solicitor & I have followed this up weekly and to date have had no answers, at this stage it over 5 weeks. Slow would be an understatement.

Checki0610 wrote: »
    I noticed in the file "pre application consultation report form" on the sdcc website it states that "Min Affordable/ Social dwellings: To be negotiated in accordance with relevant legislation and SDCC housing policy and 1 X traveller accommodation facility. "

Has anyone looked into this does this mean a traveller facility is already in tobermaclugg village or there are plans to place one in the development?

I also read this only yesterday. It must be a planning condition. The current plan looks like at least one house designated for traveller facility will be in the far west corner near the planned park. I think that document also specifies the overall planning for the SDZ area once completed which makes for interesting reading.

I'm waiting for answers before I sign the contracts, I want to know what I'm purchasing before I sign anything.
    Both my solicitor & I have followed this up weekly and to date have had no answers, at this stage it over 5 weeks. Slow would be an understatement.

Same as yourself we put deposit down first launch day and went back with queries after we got the contracts sent out,which took about three weeks to receive. Still haven't gotten all the responses they are painfully slow.

Reading through the SDCC planning docs:
    The " 1 x traveller facility" is 1 unit and will be within phase 2 of the tobermaclugg area, and to my knowledge the whole of Shackleton is known as phase 1.

Regarding the Alleys for refuse, they will not be included in the build as per SDCC:
    "As previously noted above, alternative bin stores and facilities are to be provided for the
    dwellings as the lengthy alley ways serving the terraced dwellings are unacceptable"

"The applicant is requested to omit the passageways, in particular those that serve a number of
    dwellings, and provide alternative design solutions for refuse storage. "

Do you mind me asking what was incorrect in your specs document contained within your contract?

audi5 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what was incorrect in your specs document contained within your contract?

Plans attached were from 2016 and not the updated 2017 plans.

Parking places not as expected, differ greatly from the landscape plans, really need this one clarified before we sign. Have had weekly chats/emails with H&McD. My solicitor is also chasing Eversheds. I have been told twice this was resolved, it hasn't been. They are now waiting on archictects clarification.

Have you had similar issues?

• Advertisement

Plans attached were from 2016 and not the updated 2017 plans.

Parking places not as expected, differ greatly from the landscape plans, really need this one clarified before we sign. Have had weekly chats/emails with H&McD. My solicitor is also chasing Eversheds. I have been told twice this was resolved, it hasn't been. They are now waiting on archictects clarification.

Have you had similar issues?

No, if you are talking about the layout plan contained within the outline spec document, then it was from 2017 plan except that I get a door in the living room and an extra store under the stairs. Its dated May 2017 and hence later than 2017 SDCC plan of type A so I am assuming that this is up to date.

Not sure what you mean by parking places not as expected. I have a private driveway parking so perhaps its different in your case.

Advertisement