Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Ah during the arts degree, I'm gonna do a TEFL, then head to somewhere like Dubai/Qatar and work as a teacher for a while. Head back to Ireland/England with the money earned, and do the H.Dip then. :)

That sounds amazing! I know a guy who's doing a degree in Languages and he spent all summer in Italy teaching English (I don't think he did a TEFL) so he's earning money while he travels all around Italy. Not only will he have had an amazing summer, I imagine his Italian will have improved so much!

I'd love to be good at languages, so many career opportunities, but alas, I'm awful at them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

On a stand with DTDIRL.com at Heatwave tomorrow! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

The first YAY THIS NUMBER OF POSTS post in this yaaaaaah..

6000jc1.jpg

WOOOOOOO!

It's not long ago I hit 5000.. I should be worried..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

EMINEM IN 3 DAYS AND 36 MINS!
    :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Gaelic Football match this evening, and it looks like I'll be in with a chance of starting for a change! It's only a challenge match, but still! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Ah during the arts degree, I'm gonna do a TEFL, then head to somewhere like Dubai/Qatar and work as a teacher for a while. Head back to Ireland/England with the money earned, and do the H.Dip then. :)

Call me stupid, but what's TEFL? :o

Call me stupid, but what's TEFL? :o

It lets you teach English abroad! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Awh class! Sounds like a good plan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

A former teacher of mine worked in the U.A.E (Dubai IIRC) teaching English, said he loved it but was delighted to come home. He also said that the culture there is very different, and while westerners are treated well, non-western immigrants are treated ****. They get paid very little, and have to work without water in the blazing heat. If they are murdered nothing happens. Also they couldnt get drink while westerners could (during Ramadam :confused:). Very odd. The cities are supposed to be impressive though. He also said it was awks cos more then half the class shared a name with at least another classmate :pac:
    I´m sure you´d enjoy it, for a while at least :)

A former teacher of mine worked in the U.A.E (Dubai IIRC) teaching English, said he loved it but was delighted to come home. He also said that the culture there is very different, and while westerners are treated well, non-western immigrants are treated ****. They get paid very little, and have to work without water in the blazing heat. If they are murdered nothing happens. Also they couldnt get drink while westerners could (during Ramadam :confused:). Very odd. The cities are supposed to be impressive though. He also said it was awks cos more then half the class shared a name with at least another classmate :pac:
    I´m sure you´d enjoy it, for a while at least :)

Yeah I know a girl doing it in Dubai atm, but she loves it there! Apparently it's stricter than over here, but you get used to it. :)

• Advertisement

Yaaah is ahead of arrgh! As a cynic, this is a yaaah. Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Going to see that new planet of the Apes movie with my dad later on :) I remember when we all used to sit down as a family watching those movies over and over as what was done with the Rocky movies too :P

Good times!

Of course, I'm ****ting offers tomorrow morning but it'll keep the mind at ease for 2 hours or so anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

the U.A.E (Dubai IIRC)

Dubai is one of the seven United Arab Emirate States.

Woo for learning stuff from SATC2!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

In about 8 hours my lack of college place will most likely be confirmed and I will get to experience the joys of freedom from study for a whole year!!

Posting it in here, trying to talk it up so I'm not disappointed :P

In other news, I'm getting a new tank for my fish tomorrow :)

tank-ace-1944-lite-108.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I got lots of new clothes!:D There's a new Awear outlet centre 20 minutes from me that sells only sale stuff, and most of it is 75% off, so picked up loads of stuff:P

It also helped to take my mind of things..I keep getting randomly upset over my results:rolleyes: I feel so much happier at the moment though because for the most part, I've managed to avoid the hype.

Can't wait to just accept my offer tomorrow and be done with all this bullsh*t:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I love making new friends/getting closer to friends I hadn't known that well. Had a great and random last few days.

Also, I go offline to make friends for 3 days and all the old threads are gone?! Not cool Boards, not cool =.=

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

I'm just feeling happy....I'm not used to this... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Highlight of the day: having a smoke with the bassist of one of my favourite bands.

Highlight of the day: having a smoke with the bassist of one of my favourite bands.

Whoooooooooooooo? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Taking Back Sunday. One of two bands I've held on to from ze teenage years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I know a few people that went up to that, they said the gig was class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

: o
    I'm so jealous

You lucky so and so! Insanely jealous!
    The best 'oh my god i can't believe I met these people' moment of my, shall we say unformed? music taste was Elliot Minor, the absolute best was meeting H.E.A.T. (they're like iarnrod eireann...onrail!) :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Dubai is one of the seven United Arab Emirate States.

Woo for learning stuff from SATC2!!

It's deffo one of them, didn't know there was seven! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I am officially a student of DIT's culinary arts degree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Woo, got the offer for LIT :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

College! Big Yeah Moment and my first post in the new Yeah!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I am officially a student of DIT's culinary arts degree :D

Dunno if you'll be that good at it tbh... :P Joke. You'll probably be lecturing after Christmas!! :pac:

Just got Medicine in RCSI. Yep, I'm going to wake up soon, probably on the morning of English Paper 2 of my Leaving Cert... ! :pac:

I'M A COLLEGE STUDENT

IN MAYNOOTH

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

I'm going to college......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement