Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***HORSE SHARE ONLY*** - NB -NO advertising of horses for sale/wanted/loan/lease

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Bellemz

Hi All,

I'm based in South Dublin but willing to drive to North Wicklow yards. I am 20, 5'9", and 60kgs. I have my BHS Stage 2 and loads of experience with young and competition horses.

I am looking for horses to exercise on a part-time basis as I am a full-time student. I have worked in several yards in the area and have great references.

I worked in a huge showjumping yard in Germany until July and haven't been able to find work since coming home (good old recession eh) and so haven't been riding consistently since I came home.

I am confident on young/hot type horses and looking for something that I can bring on or just exercise to keep me riding. My funds and time are limited so I am not really looking for a share situation.

Please PM me if you have any offers!

Emma

• Registered Users Posts: 7 troyton

Hi I have a 16h, 12yr old gelding in great livery yard about 15/20 mins west of Cork city. He has lots of showjumping experience, has done xc and some basic level dressage. Good flatwork.
    Looking for a sharer as I don't have enough time for him and can't afford the livery costs. Large floodlit outdoor arena, turn out and reasonably good hacking. Wouldn't suit a complete beginner as he can be a bit sharp sometimes but no vices or badness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 berlin girl

troyton wrote: »
    Hi I have a 16h, 12yr old gelding in great livery yard about 15/20 mins west of Cork city. He has lots of showjumping experience, has done xc and some basic level dressage. Good flatwork.
    Looking for a sharer as I don't have enough time for him and can't afford the livery costs. Large floodlit outdoor arena, turn out and reasonably good hacking. Wouldn't suit a complete beginner as he can be a bit sharp sometimes but no vices or badness.

hi troyton
    im looking for half livery share :)
    may be you can pm me with more details?! (costs you looking to share, which yard he is in etc.) looking forward hearing from you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kazmc

Hi G.

I have been riding for the past 2 and a half years and used to ride in the Killegar area. I am very interested in sharing livery and would be very keen to see your gelding. I dont intend to compete, just regular hacking. Looking for a sensible horse that I can feel safe on.

Kazmc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭daisyplant

rooktee wrote: »
    HI There i have a horse in kilternan very quiet and a gentleman to do anything with i am looking someone to help me with him i dont have time to do him every day i will pay all costs
    Declan

Hi Declan, I might be interested in this. I'm looking for a good hacking horse with a fairly quite temperment, in the greater Dublin area. Can only comit to 2/3 times per week but am flexable with regard to days. Maybe you could pm me some detials. Daisy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭cookerj

Hi all, I'm in the yard beside Brooke Lodge in Stepaside and have a beautiful forward-going 15.1/15.2 8yo chestnut ISH gelding. He'll make a super competition horse if I can get someone to help me improve his flatwork and jumping - he needs to learn to maintain an outline and be more controlled when jumping. Never bucks or rears, isn't very strong, just fast and eager! People with competition experience only please.

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 veronicaf

Hi,

I am new to this forum. Just wondering if you found a horse to share.

daniellet wrote: »
    Hi im a 25 year old female from north co. dublin. I've been riding on and off for many years! Unfortunately, I have never been lucky enough to have the time to have my own horse. currently i have a lot more time on my hands and cant wait to get riding again regulary!!!
    :)
    I'm looking for anyone looking for their horse to be excercised, jumped hacked??Ive Excellent experience with all manner of horse and pony .I've a very soft hand and plenty of patience :)
    i'm 5ft 3 10 1/2 stone. love jumping. own transport. Looking forwrad to your replies... thanks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 adesinka

Opal wrote: »
    looking for some to share as my current sharer has purchased a horse and so at the end of june i need a new sharer. my guy is 16.1HH, bombproof gelding. 10 years old. Has competed upto 1.10m SJI and up to AI RC, pretty much novice ride and very honest horse, lives for jumping and has good paces dressage. Would like someone who has transport to get to yard, competent jumping 90-1m atleast and to share in costs. Either to stay where currently stabled close to naas but a possible relocation to south dublin area if sharer available there, would prefer south dublin as it would be closer for me. Sharing to start July 2009 or sept 2009 at the end of my current grass livery.

Pm me if seriously interested
    hey do u still luking 4 somebody 2 share the horse??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 xoLauraox09

Hi
    My 12 year old daughter is looking for a horse to share. She is tall for her age. She used to ride for 2 year but took a few months break and wants to start riding again. She doesn't want to go back doing riding lessons all of the time because her riding doesn't get better. Laura ( my daughter ) knows all the basic riding. Thank you for reading. I can't find a horse for my daughter to share. We are in North Dublin.
    Michelle Bennett.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 s.behan

Hi I'm new to boards and not sure if i'm doing this right, I 'm looking for someone to share my 14 year old 16hh welsh cob gelding from March onwards. He's an absolute gent and completely bombproof, he loves hacking, and has done some pleasure rides last summer with endurance ireland. Hoping to do some hunter trailing next year with him. He's stabled in Brackna, Co Kildare in a fantastic small livery yard with floodlite outdoor arena.
    I'm looking to share him as i have a 4 year old coming back in from grass next march and i can't afford livery for both. I'm looking for an experienced, gentle rider in their 20's/30's who's willing to pay half the livery, half the shoeing and vet fee's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 poshpaddy

- No time to exercise your horse?
    - Kids lost interest in horses or gone away to college / work?
    - Need to get a horse back into condition to sell on?
    Two mature experienced female riders who had to suspend horse riding to have children. We have both had considerable experience and can school your horse in anything from dressage to eventing. Willing to compete if transport can be arranged. We are based near Dundalk, Co Louth but are willing to travel within a 15-20 mile radius. Livery / cost sharing considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pianka

hi! i'm 26 female, dressage instructor.i'm looking 4 a horse to share near dublin.i live in d 15.i worked with A famous Andrew Salacki.experienced in flat work, lungging (pessoa reins) breaking, eventing etc.over 10 years experience
    <snip>

Mod edit: No personal details in posts, pelase. If you're interested in a horse share with pianka, please send a PM. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 disneymum

Hi folks,

I am looking for a horse to share in the North Cork area. Anywhere from Glanmire - Kilworth, Ballyhooly to Lisgoold. I have 20+ years experience including Eventing to 2** CCI. Was a Vet's hand in a large racing yard in the UK about 10 years ago and I've got fairly good shovelling s**t skills. 3 kids later I have put on weight so horse would need to be 16hh min or a heavy boned 15.2+

Can follow any work you need done, am a fan of school work and my forte used to be troublesome horses so I don't mind a challenge!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dlync

Hiya, im new to forums so hope im doing this right!!!!

Im looking for a horse to share!!! Want to compete with Sj, recently back in saddle after year off. Have competed small time shows, want to do SJAI. Im 5'6 and would want 16hh. Living in meath, ride in a yard between virginia and kells. I would suit somebody who has no time to ride horse. Sharing costs would be an issue, would be willing to share on livery costs, but unfort cant afford much else. Need a good Sj to jump up to 1.10-1.20m. If you think im the person for you please contact me!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Koda

Hi guys,

My friend and I share a 16hh ISH mare in Dublin South (indoor arena and great hacking). My friend is going home to the UK for a month around Xmas and we are looking for someone to cover her 3 days per week. The mare is a very easy going girl. She happily jumps, hacks out, and works in a nice outline. No vices.
    If you are in a position to cover my friends half of the livery cost for 1 month that would be ideal.
    If you're interested PM me. We are only considering experienced and competent riders. We need to be sure that the person can ride the horse without supervision without us worrying. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tanzanite

6 year old Bay gelding 16hh available for share livery in Maynooth.

-Very quiet in everyway,tack,groom,clip ,ride.Would suit teenager or adult that wants to ride 3-4days a week.flexible on hours/days

-Tack etc all supplied- livery yard has flood lit arena,small xc course,lots of fields for hacking etc.

-€55 per week for half share of horse :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 abby1

My 12 year old daughter will look after your horse or pony each Saturday and Sunday. She has rode shetland ponys to 17h horses. She is 5 feet 4 inches, is a very strong rider and rides in an advanced adult lesson in our local equestrian center. She can trot, canter, jump over 1 meter and is willing to do more, tack up, un tack, catch, muck out, skip out, groom, wash etc. If you have a horse trailer we will also bring the horse or pony to show jumping, coss country or dressage events. The horse or pony must be situated in an equestrian center or livery yard in Kildare or in south west Dublin.

Mod edit: No personal details in posts, please. If you are interested, please PM abby1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 axel&taz

Hi all, looking for a horse to share around the south dublin/wicklow area. have been ridng for many years and have owned my own horses. after a couple of years of a break i'm looking to get back into it again. have been takin riding lessons but really want to be more involved with the general care of a horse! I drive so the area would be quite flexible. PM me if u wanna chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 workaholic2

Hi all :D

I have a 16.2hh ISH Mare, recently broken and still very green.

I have to go back for more surgery on my knee in April, and I don't want to disrupt her training. Am looking for an experienced rider who wants to share her up until April and then fully take over while i recover (shouldn't be any more than 2/3 weeks hopefully, one month max if all goes well ;)).

Shes a fantastic jumper, and is a quick learner but needs someone that would be used to bringing on young horses, and who has a high knowledge of schooling, flatwork and jumping, as she has serious potential. Opportunity to compete in local training shows for the right person, as I will be looking to register her in SJI when she's fully trained.

Shes on full livery in North County Dublin, with an indoor and outdoor arena. Sharing costs would be €40 per week, plus half costs of shoes (€16 for a half reset, more if she needs new shoes but shes only got front shoes on at the moment. Available to ride 3 days a week up until April. Tuesdays, Thursdays and one alternate day at the weekend.

If this suits you, please pm me! Over 18's only as its mainly an adult yard. Transport would be essential.

photo.php?pid=3278243&id=658203268&fbid=235297623268

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Madfilly

hey
    im a 20 yr old female and im looking for a horse to part share with someone in the wicklow/laois/ kildare area. maybe even carlow,offaly or south dublin depending on location, as i have my own transport.
    ive been riding now for 10 years and have alot of experience competing sjai, xc, hunting, bringing on young green horses etc.
    i would be available to ride in the evenings after college and some weekends, as i work at the weekends. im only 5'4 and weigh 8st 7lbs so would suit a variety of horses but would like something i could maybe compete on too, given the oppertunity.
    i would be willing to chip in for some of the livery costs and shoes, feed etc as part of the share regarding it is not too expensive as i cannot afford it.
    please PM me if you have any other info. thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

Half livery available on super 15.2 5 year old!!

Very mature for his age. Never spooks, bucks etc. Bomproof in every way.

Has done a lot of showjumping and has done pony club, riding club etc. Hacks out alone or in company.

I am looking for a competent rider as I would like the work I have been doing with him kept up. He is not strong or bold in anyway , he just needs more bringing on with his flatwork.

Livery costs apply.

Located in great south dublin yard with one large indoor with tea/coffee facilities, two outdoors and cross country course. Friendly atmosphere. Available to ride 4 days a week as I am doing my leaving cert again. And then I will be riding saturdays and sundays. We will be running a mini,midi, maxi in Feb every second sunday so you would be able to jump a round in that if you would like sometimes if I am not out competing. And every few weekends I will not be able to do a day due to study so days are pretty flexible.

Please pm for more details

img068-1.jpg

Boswell_010.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Koda

16hh, 12 year old Irish Sport Horse mare in lovely Dublin South livery yard.
    'Dancer' is a real lady, very sweet and gentle. No vices. She has 3 lovely paces on the flat and is currently jumping 1 mtr with ease. She is a real confidence giver.
    Livery yard has indoor arena, 2 outdoors, x country, great hacking, lessons and showjumping competitions on site etc. My current sharer is moving back to the UK. I'm looking for someone to pay half livery for 3 days per week each (€75 pw each).

If you're interested (and you're a competent rider) PM me and you can come try her out. Check out the pics:
    Dancer Louise.jpg

Dancer Boswell Small.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pianka

cormilight wrote: »
    hi i am looking for someone, may consider two people sharing my horse.

i have a 16.2hh gelding, 8yrs. very easy going to handle and ride.100% in everyway, no vices. has sj experience and points.really good allrounder. hacks out no problem, well schooled in arena. he suits any level of rider. he has had experienced to novice riders on him, hes a real confidance giver. suit experienced rider who wants to do some competing or someone looking to get back into riding after a break and do bits and pieces.

he is kept in a livery yard in rathfarnham, dublin. must remain in yard on livery. yard has big indoor, turnout paddocks and grazing turnout. rds and forests 5min up rd for hacking. livery is full inc feed, hay, shavings and turnout and full use of facilities.there is an instructor based in yard who does free lance lessons apon request, and the yard doesnt object you bringing your own instructor in, i also have a lot of experience so would help out lesson wise if wanted.yard opens late in evening to accomodate people working or that just cant up till late.

livery is very reasonable, no lease fee, shoes etc . . . are extra but that can be discussed if interested. i may consider two people sharing

please pm me back if interested, plenty more information, photos available
    hi! i'm looking a horse for share with my friend Ninai'm.in an licensed instructor (dressage instructor).i used to work with famous coach Andrew Salacki, experienced in flat work, young stock, showjumping, pessoa patent etc. Nina used to do showjumping on a second level.could you give some more details about your horse...where is he situated?how much does it cost weekly??etc
    we live in d 15
    regards, Anna

No personal details in posts, please. Pleae PM Pianka or Cormilight if you're interested in the horse share. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 MrsMiaWallace

Hi,
    I am going to university this year but moving to Dublin and would like someone to share my 15.3 gelding with me, share costs and riding.Please no offers of just riding as i will be a mature student and need the financial help.
    He is bright bay 7 yrs, hunts,cross country and show jumps but if you want to teach him dressage go ahead! great in traffic,very laid back ,starts and stops when you want him to!
    Would also consider sending him ahead of me for a few months as i really need to save and sort myself and children out with moving from County Wexford.
    Please pm me if interested.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭cookerj

I keep my boy in a yard in Stepaside, it has a quiet sand arena with jumps and floodlights, fields to ride in and loads of forestry for hacking very close by. Brooke Lodge is next door if you wanted to use the xc course for a small fee.

Jack is a beautiful, sweet, forward-going 15.1/15.2 8yo chestnut ISH gelding. He'll make a super competition horse if I can get someone to help me improve his flatwork and jumping - he needs to learn to maintain an outline and be more controlled when jumping as he was used for hunter trials and a some polo before I bought him. I've loose-jumped him over 1.40 and jumped 1.10 on him, he loves it. He never bucks, rears or refuses and he isn't very strong, just fast and eager!

People with experience bringing on horses only please. I wouldn't need a large contribution and the days are flexible. Jack is perfect on his own and on the road, someone with a horsebox would be fantastic so we could take him to shows and one or both of us ride. Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thedvg

Hi i have a 15H cob available to share.

he is quiet to hack out, has jumped up to a metre and is capable of a lot more. he is currently stabled in south dublin (near to dundrum, tallaght, rathfarnham area). with indoor arena, access to forests for hacking.

if you are interested please get back to me thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 caradoc

Hi, My name is Isabel. I am Polish and my English is not very good. I have been living in Ireland with my family ( I am 40) for 3 years. I worked with horses here, had my own horses in Poland. Now I dont work and I miss riding horses especially trekking rides.
    I am looking for a horse for loan or share or etc, I dont intend to compete, just regular hacking. I think I am esperienced rider and think It cant be a pony because I am very high woman( 1,8 m) I live in Baltinglass ,have a car. You can see my photoblog: www.photoblog.pl/caradoc
    If you think you could help me . please let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 storm03

Hey,
    I have a 15.1hh, 7year old thoroughbred gelding that i love to bits..However, I study abroad and im usually only home every summer. I dont want to sell him so I was wondering if there is anyone interested in ''looking after'' him.
    My parents own a farm so there's plenty of room for him and my Dad turns him out/grooms him etc. but seeing as no one else in my family is actually into horses he is just left out on grass until i come home and its such a waste!!
    I live in Cork(literally in the middle of nowhere!) so i might consider loaning him out if it meant he was being worked.
    Let me know if your interested/need more info!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Galandian

Hey! Im new to this forum so hope im doing this right!

I am an experienced rider living in Kilternan (near Johnny Foxes). Ive had horses in the past but since starting college I was unable to give them the time they needed.

I am interested in exercising horses around my area during the summer, perfect if your traveling abroad or dont have the time to look after them I would love to work with them doing a bit of everything- hacking, flat-work, jumping.. maybe even a bit of polocrosse.. basically keeping them in top condition!

Please PM me for more info!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bettie

I am looking for a horse share in the Limerick area.
    Willing to contribute to livery costs in exchange for riding.
    I have years of experience but am getting back into riding after a break, so I'm looking to build back confidence on a horse with nice temperament, 15-16 hh +, mainly for light work, and to prepare myself for owning my own.
    would also consider loan depending on horse

Advertisement