Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All-Ireland SuperCoach League 2015

Options
  • 04-02-2015 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello all,

SuperCoach has just been re-opened for 2015, and I want to try to set up a league to find the best Irish SuperCoach player from 2015 onwards. :0)

Game? Drop me a PM. Just a bit of fun, but if you reckon you are in the mix for the title of All-Ireland SuperCoach Champion 2015, get involved.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 huddler

Thanks jackbhoy and shanemkelly for signing up. :0)

Still need numbers lads and ladies, so feel free to get stuck in.

Might as well put the passcode here, but im hoping to have a league of just Irish ones - not to be, like, racist or anything - If you think of yourself as Irish, you qualify! :0)

Anyways: 124725

Just a bit of fun, hopefully something that we can continue year on year.

Jump on.

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Loopylaa

That's me in, thanks for the invite Mr Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Just signed up for the league now.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Yup. I'm in too...

8 teams signed up! Great stuff. Any more interested?

• Advertisement

Lads and ladies, we need some more teams. Anyone know anyone else who might be up for Supercoach this year?

The empty spots will be taken up by randoms if we dont fill the thing. Theres currently 10 spots left. To be honest, ill be delighted if we get another 4 or 5 Irish players involved.

Just over a week until Rd 1 starts, see if we can get anyone else.

Good luck folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

I'm in!

Played Dream Team a few years ago but never really took it seriously. Will try harder this time around, if only to beat Triple M's Shane Kelly!:)

No_Deal wrote: »
    I'm in!

Played Dream Team a few years ago but never really took it seriously. Will try harder this time around, if only to beat Triple M's Shane Kelly!:)

Jaysus! :eek:
    Set your sights a bit highter, mate! I'm more of an SC player anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭tmq

If your desperate for locals I can join in... I've played before, but tend to lose interest (when I'm losing!). I'm actually an aussie living here though, so does that proclude me?

tmq wrote: »
    If your desperate for locals I can join in... I've played before, but tend to lose interest (when I'm losing!). I'm actually an aussie living here though, so does that proclude me?

Mate, join in. It doesnt look like we'll fill it with just Irish people anyway. If I recall correctly Supercoach will just fill any spaces with random players - so much better that we have Boards.ie posters in there instead.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement

And we're off! Good luck to all who entered the All-Ireland Supercoach Comp for 2015.

You'll have noticed that Supercoach filled in the 6 or 7 spare spots on our league with other teams - however they seem to be 'celebrity' teams from the look of it: i.e. Shane Crawford, The Footy Show etc. At least the good thing about this is that someone will be manning these accounts all year, and we won't end up with dead rubber teams that try at the start but then their owner gives up and they become high scoring byes for whoever plays them in the later rounds.

By the looks of things after Rd 1 (head to heads start from Rd 2 this year) Gwyns "Waltzing Matildas" are highest on margin, giving him the initial edge. From here on though, its all about the premiership points!

Gwyn's dulcet tones were also audible on this weeks Jock Reynolds podcast, a great show for anyone who hasn't given it a listen. The Sunday night one especially can be good banter. Make no mistake folks, Gwyn is in it to win it this year - and holds the early lead.

Best of luck this weekend. Teams are out, im head to head with Shanes 'Wicklow Dockers' this round, and my bioys have been training the house down, and burning up the track pre-season. Game face on. ;o)

Well, Shane wiped the floor with me!

Big news this round must be Ablett. Gotta trade him. I feel like when I left home for the first time.

Best of luck for Rd 3 everyone.

Right, come on. Prelim weekend in the All-Ireland SC.
    Not sure if I can knock off the only "celebrity SC" team left in the comp; Parker OUT, Titchell OUT, Ziebell OUT :mad:
    Need some super scores from a couple of unlikelies to make it...
    Anyway, it's been fun :D

Right, come on. Prelim weekend in the All-Ireland SC.
    Not sure if I can knock off the only "celebrity SC" team left in the comp; Parker OUT, Titchell OUT, Ziebell OUT :mad:
    Need some super scores from a couple of unlikelies to make it...
    Anyway, it's been fun :D

Go get em Shane!!

We need an Irish winner, so the nation is behind you!

Wind in yer hair, rain beating your face. Stiffen the sinews and summon up the blood man. Do it for Cú Chulainn, Granuaile, for Joyce and Behan. Do it for the first wee girl you shifted, and for seeing your breath on a freezing morning. Do it for the pub after mass, for Packie Bonner, and Johnny Logan.

"Avoid donuts, get your Captain right, and youre half way there" - James Connolly

Erin go Bragh!! Grrr!

huddler wrote: »
    Go get em Shane!!

We need an Irish winner, so the nation is behind you!

Wind in yer hair, rain beating your face. Stiffen the sinews and summon up the blood man. Do it for Cú Chulainn, Granuaile, for Joyce and Behan. Do it for the first wee girl you shifted, and for seeing your breath on a freezing morning. Do it for the pub after mass, for Packie Bonner, and Johnny Logan.

"Avoid donuts, get your Captain right, and youre half way there" - James Connolly

Erin go Bragh!! Grrr!

I'm fired up now! Great speech!

I've managed to time my run well, so hopefully see you in the final Shane.

"Thanks for having me. Look, I thought we played well... grumble, grumble, grumble... gave opposition too many uncontested possessions... groan, grumble... leaders didn't stand up... yeah, nah... not enough inside 50s... dropped marks... Looking forward to a break and getting ready for pre-season now. We'll see how we go in the draft and we'll have a look at a few free agents to bring in."

- Prelim-losing coach of the Wicklow Dockers

In a blatant effort to kick the forum once or twice more before the season ends;

Blew my last two (ultimately fruitless) trades on the SC Prelim to replace Zeebs & Parker, and now Cotch & Supreme Leader Fyfe (all bow...) are both out :eek: :eek:

Hopefully Loopylaa doesn't see this - have him in another GF... :p

And you don't have Hodge...?

I'm into the GF against fox footy, s/he's both hodge and fyfe, so hopefully they've no trades left! (I only have Hodge, but two trades left)

Advertisement