Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are motorbikes given parking tickets?

Options
  • 16-02-2019 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

As above, or ever clamped?
    I'm sure sometimes bikes are parked in really stupid areas, anybody ever get a ticket/fine/warning etc.??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

lalababa wrote: »
    I'm sure sometimes bikes are parked in really stupid areas, anybody ever get a ticket/fine/warning etc.??
    Posted out to registered address.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

YES,
    Bikes have been clamped around IFC area

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CorkCBR6

I've seen tickets stuck to handlebars and bikes towed away...

The girlfriend also had a fine taped to her handlebars for having no tax on her bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

I received a parking ticket on a moped once many years ago. Cost me €19, it was attached to the bike in the days before fines were posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

lalababa wrote: »

If you park in a "pay and display" bay in Dublin you'll get a ticket, so instead we park on the footpaths and once you aren't causing an obstruction you won't be ticketed.

Private property, the IFSC and shopping centres etc, is a different ball game and private clamping is now legal so you can't remove them any more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Del2005 wrote: »
    If you park in a "pay and display" bay in Dublin you'll get a ticket, so instead we park on the footpaths and once you aren't causing an obstruction you won't be ticketed.

Private property, the IFSC and shopping centres etc, is a different ball game and private clamping is now legal so you can't remove them any more.

You can't just remove the clamp and hand it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Back in my biking days yes. A guard gave me one for non display of tax and parking in a loading bay (it was a Sunday - I was working). Called to the station and showed her I had tax but kept the disc in my bike jacket so it wouldn't be stolen off the bike. She was fine with that and cancelled the tax one but the parking fine stood.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You can't just remove the clamp and hand it back?

No, they are legal now. Before they were in a legal grey area, they aren't in a grey area now

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/vehicle-clamping/

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

Got clamped in a bicycle bay in NCI in IFSC a few years back, was fuming, but got it overturned eventually. Was ticketed because my rear tyre and exhaust where outside the area :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Colm17RvB wrote: »
    Got clamped in a bicycle bay in NCI in IFSC a few years back, was fuming, but got it overturned eventually. Was ticketed because my rear tyre and exhaust where outside the area :rolleyes:

Would the IFSC not be private property?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

No, it's all a public space. Your man was just being a twat trying to get to quota with any infractions, he backed down for me, but obviously got someone else who was more clear cut. Anyways, I parked in the underground after that despite my reservations about underground car parks and bikes being knicked or abused.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

GBX wrote: »
    Would the IFSC not be private property?

It is and has private security and parking enforcement. Because its also accessible to the public the Gardai patrol it like any other area in Dublin.

Advertisement