Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

spiders...spiders and again, with no visibility

Options
  • 15-02-2019 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Got my nicely infrared cameras and extenders working fine but i cant see a flipping thing apart of the spider web and insects moving on it,at night being the worse.Probable the warm side of the case keeps them comfy ...

Looking for some of long stick brush or sprays or another spider_antispider type of insect...

What do you use, how do you manage it,please !!?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I went nuclear on it. Permethrin at 40% brought in from the States. Diluted down to about 2% and sprayed around the approaches to the cameras. The bottle should do for life.

It's oily enough stuff and it's unpleasant so read the warnings well if you choose it. On the flip side you're pretty much guaranteed bug free for half a year where you treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

rolion wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Got my nicely infrared cameras and extenders working fine but i cant see a flipping thing apart of the spider web and insects moving on it,at night being the worse.Probable the warm side of the case keeps them comfy ...

Looking for some of long stick brush or sprays or another spider_antispider type of insect...

What do you use, how do you manage it,please !!?

Thanks

Spider x is good for this, can be got in Northwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭StreetLight

The gap between the cover hood and the camera body is just perfect for the little critters to bed in. The overhang of the protruding hood gives a great anchor point for a web. So I just made sure my cameras were never pointed directly into the sunlight and removed the hood. Problem solved for me.

Advertisement