Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone able to recommend an online store for good quality dogfood?

Options
  • 04-02-2019 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

The prices in the likes of Maxi Zoo are crazy in my view, unless you are lucky enough that your preferred brand is on offer.
    Looking for an online store that does brands like Select Gold etc for a bit cheaper than can be had here. Have two dogs, one is 4 months old and hes gonna be a fairly big boy and loves his dried food, so it can get expensive!
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

I get my fella skinners from amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Never considered Amazon. I'm not a fan of them on principle, they are like slave owners in how they treat their staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I get Wolf of wilderness from zooplus. Use the UK site, even with £10 delivery it's slightly cheaper than the Irish site with free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I get James Wellbeloved from zooplus.ie, usually €55 per 15kg but sometimes has a 3kg free offer on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Hooked

I get 2x15KG bags of Markus Meuhle for 77.99, free delivery, from zooplus.
    A decent quality kibble at decent money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

terrydel wrote: »
    The prices in the likes of Maxi Zoo are crazy in my view, unless you are lucky enough that your preferred brand is on offer.
    Looking for an online store that does brands like Select Gold etc for a bit cheaper than can be had here. Have two dogs, one is 4 months old and hes gonna be a fairly big boy and loves his dried food, so it can get expensive!
    Cheers.

Why not buy the maxi zoo own brand stuff, it's as good as about other brand. That's all we give our dog. We buy a 12.5kg premier every 3 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Why not buy the maxi zoo own brand stuff, it's as good as about other brand. That's all we give our dog. We buy a 12.5kg premier every 3 months

What is the own brand labelled as?
    Over the years we've tried a lot of foods and there is massive and undoubted differences in the quality so we like to stick to brands we know are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Lily's kitchen, you can buy from them directly, not cheap but we'll worth money, our vet was impressed with ingredients

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

terrydel wrote: »
    What is the own brand labelled as?
    Over the years we've tried a lot of foods and there is massive and undoubted differences in the quality so we like to stick to brands we know are good.

http://www.maxizoo.ie/about-us/our-brands/premiere-dog/

10 years ago we were in maxi zoo buying some other brand food. A guy walked over to us and asked if he could have a word. He explained that he was a dog nutritionist who worked for maxi zoo. He went through the ingredients of the crap we were about to buy, full of vegetable proteins which means the meat content was very poor. Veg proteins are of no use to a dog, they just flow out the other end. He went through the ingredients of their own brand premier high 5 and gave us a free small bag to try out. We've been buying it ever since, the dog won't eat anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Used amazon a lot for cat, rabbits and dog, but have recently switched to petstop.ie, soon after the arrival of our dog.

They are also one of the few I found stocking Acana food for both dogs and cats.

Next day delivery and free once at a certain order value.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

I get 17.5 kg Acana from zooplus. Lasts me just over a month but Sids a big boy. Really good quality food.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

I get 17.5 kg Acana from zooplus. Lasts me just over a month but Sids a big boy. Really good quality food. He’s also gets Rocco wet food, again great quality from zooplus

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What do people think of Wolf of the Wilderness and Taste of the Wild?
    They look quite similar to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭OwlEye

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

terrydel wrote:
    Never considered Amazon. I'm not a fan of them on principle, they are like slave owners in how they treat their staff.

You want cheap. Owners can't pay great wages & sell cheap. I think you'll find staff in your local pet store are on close to minimum wage anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

https://www.fetchyourpetneeds.ie/

This is where I get mine now, the 3 of them love the Nourish Rite food.

Advertisement