Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Suggestions for kingsize mattress medium-firm

• 05-02-2019 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    So I'm on the hunt for a medium firm king size mattress, I have a budget of up to roughly 1200 for the mattress itself.
    I'm gonna use that flexifi thing as I'm skint so I can only buy in certain shops, I know Harvey norman and des Kelly are on it.

Fairly hard to find a selection of medium firm though, Respa beds have a couple and des Kelly stock them. Are respa a decent brand?

I've been to Harvey norman and they have sealy but all medium or medium soft. They feel great but my physio is adamant that I go medium firm due to my ongoing lower back problems that they are trying to diagnose. Her opinion is that it may be comfortable but my bum area will sink to deep in a medium and antagonise the issue.

So I suppose the main points....
    - are respa a good choice based on your experience?

-anyone else with back issues recommend anything?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Bumpidy bump

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Have you tried mattress Mick my Mother and father in law got a mattress like you described there, can't remember he exact price but really good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We bought Mlily combo mattresses for our new home. We weren’t sure about them as we’d never had a memory foam type mattress so we decided to try a medium-firm one in the €500-600 range. If we weren’t crazy about it, we knew it would still be good enough for the guest room.

We ended up loving it and bought a second firmer, higher spec one for ourselves. I’m genuinely having the best sleep I’ve had in a long time on this mattress..

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭tanka006

Try our resident expert here on Boards - "Big Mickey" - i have no connection apart from bring a very satisfied customer.

Plenty of reading here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057307031

Good Luck

Tanka

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

'Austin' by KingKoil. I have it and it is super comfortable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement