Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prescription

• 09-02-2019 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

My sister has been complaining about her distant vision for sometime and has gone for a few eyetests but as far as I can tell the Optometrists have been telling her she does not need glasses for distance just reading. She is after getting her prescription from an optometrist as follows:

R+0.75/-0.25x70 L+1.00/-0.25x80 Add +1.75

Does this mean she just needs reading glasses +1.75?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

king2 wrote: »
    My sister has been complaining about her distant vision for sometime and has gone for a few eyetests but as far as I can tell the Optometrists have been telling her she does not need glasses for distance just reading. She is after getting her prescription from an optometrist as follows:

R+0.75/-0.25x70 L+1.00/-0.25x80 Add +1.75

Does this mean she just needs reading glasses +1.75?

Thanks.

She would need reading glasses
    R +2.50/-0.25 x70 L +2.75/-0.25x80

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭king2

Daisies wrote: »
    She would need reading glasses
    R +2.50/-0.25 x70 L +2.75/-0.25x80

I understand the Add 1.75 part to be the reading addition. If she had glasses made using the prescription without the reading addition what type of vision correction would they give? Thanks

Advertisement