Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Each to his own...looks more streetfighter imo...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

2l8hlkn.jpg

2cxzqyq.jpg

Not mine :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Had a load of post to take up North last Saturday.

46288401114_3e1f6b0f0e_z.jpg
    IMG_20190202_014029_7 by macplaxton, on Flickr

Loaded.

46288365334_134bf8c9e9_z.jpg
    IMG_20190202_105620_0 by macplaxton, on Flickr

Toll change for M1

46098533125_49f19a771f_z.jpg
    IMG_20190202_110946_6 by macplaxton, on Flickr

(still the original tub, need to replace it as it's getting a bit brittle now)

Job done

46960591902_fe4ae0407d_z.jpg
    IMG_20190202_124923_6 by macplaxton, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Cracking day for it. Came across Corkscrew Hill by accident, it's a brilliant stretch of road.

bwRGIwx.jpgg]

lBOnvKj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Cracking day for it. Came across Corkscrew Hill by accident, it's a brilliant stretch of road.

bwRGIwx.jpgg]

lBOnvKj.jpg

Did you need to re-drill or make new brackets for the hand guards..??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Didn't need to do anything.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motorcycle-Hand-Guard-Handguard-Shield-Windproof-Motorbike-Motocross-Universal-Protectors-Modification-Part-Protective-Gear/32325347015.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7d3f4c4d2OuDIA

That's them there. The only thing I will say is if the handlebar is close to the front of the bike than to you it may affect the maximum steering lock, the guards are quite large. The bar ends on my bike are quite long as well so you may need to get longer bolts to screw in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Didn't need to do anything.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motorcycle-Hand-Guard-Handguard-Shield-Windproof-Motorbike-Motocross-Universal-Protectors-Modification-Part-Protective-Gear/32325347015.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7d3f4c4d2OuDIA

That's them there. The only thing I will say is if the handlebar is close to the front of the bike than to you it may affect the maximum steering lock, the drops are quite large. The bar ends on my bike are quite long as well so you may need to get longer bolts to screw in.

I got the exact same ones. I cable tied mine over the existing hand guards. I only fit them for the colder months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Stable mate to post #3071

006.jpg
    007.jpg

Picked this up today, swapped my 2012 K1300s for a 2012 Ducati Multistrada. Only had a short spin on it so far but it's good to get back on a v twin, or L twin I suppose in this case.
    Gw4syh3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That image is five screens wide.

Most photo threads have a max width of 800px or something rule.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

That image is five screens wide.

Most photo threads have a max width of 800px or something rule.

Posted from mobile, apologies. Looked normal on my screen!

You bought that in Lee Motorcycles yeah?

You bought that in Lee Motorcycles yeah?

Yeah, I bought my first bike off them 20 years ago, and most of them since. Always find them easy to deal with.

Yeah, I bought my first bike off them 20 years ago, and most of them since. Always find them easy to deal with.

I hope Matty looked after you. Had a lot of my work done there in recent times.

I hope Matty looked after you. Had a lot of my work done there in recent times.

He did as always, bike got a new battery and new Pirelli Rosso's before they gave it to me. Happy out with that.
    Went for a quick spin into town a while ago, its a bit more of a hooligan machine than the sensible sports tourer it looks like! Put it into sport mode and it's fast, agressive and loud. Had it in urban mode on the way home from the shop and there's a big difference in power modes. It has less power than the K1300s it replaced, but I prefer the power delivery on the Multi.

Got out for a proper spin today, mixture of main and back roads, this bike is an absolute riot. I love it. Best handling bike I've ever owned, and the engine is fantastic. Even the standard exhaust sounds amazing.
    The gearbox could be better though, it can be very clunky shifting between 1-3 gears. I'll have to change the screen as well, above 80kph the wind noise is very annoying. This was not an issue on any previous bike I've had.
    A few niggles, but overall a cracking bike :D
    Didn't have the good camera with me so the pic quality could be better..
    kc0wgFT.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

2dQ8z1T

https://www.flickr.com/photos/170540748@N08/46489642415/in/dateposted-public/

My middle age crisis toy just acquired. Loving it so far and looking forward to bringing her to France shortly. Soon to be fitted with Givi Expedition panniers and top box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

veetwin wrote: »
    2dQ8z1T

https://www.flickr.com/photos/170540748@N08/46489642415/in/dateposted-public/

My middle age crisis toy just acquired. Loving it so far and looking forward to bringing her to France shortly. Soon to be fitted with Givi Expedition panniers and top box.

Nice bike, but whats 'midlife crisis' about it?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Nice bike, but whats 'midlife crisis' about it?.

Well that's the general consensus among my other half, neighbourhood and social circle. Maybe because its nearly 20 years since I last owned a bike. Either way I couldn't care less and look forward to every journey on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Got out for a proper spin today, mixture of main and back roads, this bike is an absolute riot. I love it. Best handling bike I've ever owned, and the engine is fantastic. Even the standard exhaust sounds amazing.
    The gearbox could be better though, it can be very clunky shifting between 1-3 gears. I'll have to change the screen as well, above 80kph the wind noise is very annoying. This was not an issue on any previous bike I've had.
    A few niggles, but overall a cracking bike :D
    Didn't have the good camera with me so the pic quality could be better..
    kc0wgFT.jpg?2

How do you imagine this bike will stand up to everyday , all season commuting?

Looking to upgrade from and old reliable GS. Got my eye on a multi.

• Advertisement

How do you imagine this bike will stand up to everyday , all season commuting?

Looking to upgrade from and old reliable GS. Got my eye on a multi.

I reckon it will be good, that's mostly what I'll be doing with it. Acf50 will be essential to keep it tidy. Had it out in pouring rain last Friday and the ignition switch got a bit stuck so the steering wouldn't lock. Worked fine when it dried up a bit.
    Expect a few niggles here and there, it's a Ducati after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I wonder if the front mug guard could be extended a bit to keep the salt of the exhust.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

veetwin wrote: »
    Well that's the general consensus among my other half, neighbourhood and social circle. Maybe because its nearly 20 years since I last owned a bike. Either way I couldn't care less and look forward to every journey on it!

Keep thinking like that and you'll be fine, nice bike enjoy it cos some day we could be too old or sick to be able to ride ;)

I wonder if the front mug guard could be extended a bit to keep the salt of the exhust.

There's actually an extender comes with them as standard. It clips onto the red bit over the front wheel. I'm not sure if longer ones are available, I haven't really looked yet. SW Motech do a metal cover that goes over the front exhaust though. It integrates with the belly pan by the looks of it. Might be worth investing in. A lot of the nuts and bolts etc on the underside look like they will be prone to rusting etc over the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

macplaxton wrote: »
    Had a load of post to take up North last Saturday.

Haha love the toll cup mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Bit of fun on track on Saturday.
    Photographer said he would be out back of track,and I copped him on 1 of the corners.

attachment.php?attachmentid=476808&stc=1&d=1554133424

attachment.php?attachmentid=476809&stc=1&d=1554133629

attachment.php?attachmentid=476807&stc=1&d=1554133363

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

You done a lovely job to that bike stewy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Newbie..loving every minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

blade1 wrote: »
    You done a lovely job to that bike stewy.

That bike I'm on there is another race bike that I had painted in the bumble bee colours.

The other race bike (original bumble bee) is in having some tuning work done to it at the moment and a different paint scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

That bike I'm on there is another race bike that I had painted in the bumble bee colours.

The other race bike (original bumble bee) is in having some tuning work done to it at the moment and a different paint scheme.

That's the 954 and the original one is the 600,yeah?

Advertisement