Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research paper class room Vs on line. What to use Anova test

• 23-01-2019 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

I carrying out a research paper comparing campus student Vs online learning. This is not an academic paper its just and trial run to show us what researching for a thesis will be like.

I have carried out a t test on the ages of both groups. ill do the same in regards the pass rate between online and classroom learning.

My question is, id like to use an anova test in this paper, but not sure how to what data to look at. I would like to analysis the pass rate between class room and online. How would i group data in minitab

any ideas out there

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Welcome to our Researcher forum Hedgecutter. We need a bit more information before we can suggest approaches to your analysis of data. For example:
    • Where does your data come from? Is it primary data that you collected, or secondary data collected by others?
    • How many subjects in your population: N=? In your sample: n=?
    • Is your data statistically representative of a population, or not?
    • Is it sample data or census data or big data of some sort? If sample data, was the significance level at p<.05?
    • How was the data collected? By accessing a secondary data base, or by paper surveys (mailed or passed out to subjects, or?), or by online survey, or what?
    • If survey research, how many subjects were sent the survey, or were available to access the survey, and how many completed and returned the survey?
    • If sampling, was it simple random, or systemic random, or convenience sample, or what?

Others reading this OP and post may add additional questions to help our OP.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

What is your target demographic?
    How will you recruit participants?
    How will data be collected/compiled?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭RoamingDoc

id like to use an anova test in this paper, but not sure how to what data to look at.

Sorry OP, this approach isn't correct.

You decide the hypothesis you're trying to test then, in consideration of the data you have, the appropriate statistical test is selected.

Advertisement