Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pajo's Junkbox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

road_high wrote: »
    I think they did wipe it, remember reading that. Part of the cultural history of the country and the turnips in RTÉ tape over it!

I vaguely remember bits of it. The last episode wasn’t Pajo and his junk box loaded up on a forklift and brought off? Devastated I was!
    Also loved the Professor guy. Remember another episode he was explaining about the peat bogs, he was superimposed on a hot air balloon across the midlands I seem to remember!!

The bit with the forklift wasn't the last episode; he was kidnapped in the episode in question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

I remember one bit from one of the very early episodes where Pajo has a dream about these 18th century types in wigs chanting "off with his hair" then he wakes up frightened. Might have been a reference to the French Revoloution.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Dinny was the professor?

I never would have known.
    wally79 wrote: »
    He wasn’t unless there was a different professor when I watched it. 34mins or so in below

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Ue7s62Kq8

Not Dinny, that was Joe Lynch.

Coincidentally Jack Lynch aka the Professor did appear in Glenroe. He pops up here in a scene starting around 22.40 playing a detective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Rosemary Henderson, who played Grabbit in Pajo's Junkbox, went on to become Sister Assumpta in Fr.Ted and is now waiting to get her gas boiler repaired.
    pajo-3-752x501.jpg

?width=480&version=3814396

3FmwMTuyszk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Oh man... the first record I got was Pajo. (Vinyl, didn’t have a tape player yet) Can’t remember any of the songs though! I think it’s still at home somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The puppeteer behind Pajo, Pat Bracken died in 2010. I only found that out now, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭thejuggler

The puppeteer and voice of Pajo was Raymond Keane. He’s now a respected theatre actor and voiceover artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

I remember an episode where Pajo and the other 2 were getting lashed out of it on a cliff with poisonous fish (I think).

Then there was an episode where Pajo wrote a Valentines letter and The Professor told us the story of the pair of lovers that feature in that China teacup and saucer set aul ones used to have.

Fetchit and Grabbit had an aunt called Nookey

van_beano wrote: »
    I remember an episode where Pajo and the other 2 were getting lashed out of it on a cliff with poisonous fish (I think).

Then there was an episode where Pajo wrote a Valentines letter and The Professor told us the story of the pair of lovers that feature in that China teacup and saucer set aul ones used to have.

Pajo, Fetchit and Grabbit were making their own detective series called the Tale of the Smelly Fish in which they played detectives investigating a case of rancid fish being thrown at people from a long distance.

• Advertisement

The puppeteer behind Pajo, Pat Bracken died in 2010. I only found that out now, RIP.
    thejuggler wrote: »
    The puppeteer and voice of Pajo was Raymond Keane. He’s now a respected theatre actor and voiceover artist.

Ok, there's a post on Reddit saying Pat Bracken was Pajo, did he possibly have more than one puppeteer?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Ok, there's a post on Reddit saying Pat Bracken was Pajo, did he possibly have more than one puppeteer?

Not sure but there were other puppets - I think an old woman character. Maybe Pat performed her?

Who was the voice of pajo??

Raymond Keane

Christy Moore was a guest on it one time. He sang a song about Pajo, I can remember the chorus went "He's the megastar of the whole junkyard, Pajo's everybodys favour-rat".

Weird the things that stick in your head after more than 30 years.

He sang it in the very last episode of the series.

One memorable episode was when Fetchit was accidentally turned into a banana by one of Professor Knowitall's inventions.

I'm not 100% sure if this was from Pajos Junkbox or Scratch Saturday but I remember a comedy skit featuring an Irish trad act who instead of playing their instruments all just went "diddle diddle diddle diddle" in a really fast demented way while the camera zoomed in and out and there were all flashing strobe light effects.

I can't say I remember that

Remember the Egghead cartoons that were on the show? Pajo created them

• Advertisement

branie2 wrote: »
    Remember the Egghead cartoons that were on the show? Pajo created them

The short cartoon about a bald guy? How do you mean he created them?

Pajo showed him in his drawings

An episode of Pajo And The Salty Frog has turned up on Youtube, very rare.

Same uploader has another episode.

• jaysis look at the eyes on him. he must've been strung out on something. hated pajo!! nasal doobellin accent wrecked my head!

Wouldnt be the first RTE employee strung out on something.

I've been years looking for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,377 ✭✭✭✭road_high

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I think you may have found the wrong thread somehow...

Since found out that Pat Bracken did indeed do the old woman puppet and the other ones that weren't Pajo.

• Advertisement

Remember Genie Mac?

Advertisement