Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scott Hutchison RIP

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, Death Dream cover was excellent.

Also the Sleep In The Park event which is on this weekend in Glasgow which will have the remaining members play songs from the band with guest vocalists. Gonna be something special also I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

I miss Scott.

I miss Scott.
    Yep, still think about him regularly. This month 2 years ago was the last time I saw them live! :(

Am taking part in 'The Midnight Organ Flight' which is an interesting little venture.

https://tmoflight.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lucalux

For anyone who might like to have a look..

"
    The family of Frightened Rabbit frontman Scott Hutchison has launched a charity in the late musician’s memory. Tiny Changes will honor the Scottish singer/songwriter by raising awareness of and providing support for children and young people’s mental health issues. According to its website, the charity hopes to “advance understanding of the root causes of mental ill health and support innovation in the design and delivery of mental health services to children and young people.” Learn more about Tiny Changes at the charity’s website.

Tiny Changes takes its name from a line in the Frightened Rabbit song “Heads Roll Off” (“While I’m alive, I’ll make tiny changes to Earth”). In a statement on the charity’s website, Hutchison’s family said, “Scott’s impact was far reaching and felt by many people. Through his music and art he made many thousands of tiny changes and encouraged other people around the world to do the same.
    "

http://maketinychanges.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I know this is cliched but how has this been a year? Apple Music recently put Death Dream on my chill mix and I just couldn’t help but skip it. Still hard to listen.

^ Good to see it being made official.. and a hugely worthwhile cause, mere days from the anniversary of his death.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

https://lnk.to/tinychanges

Cover album of MOF being released can listen to Biffy Clyro and Julien Baker cover of The Modern Leper. Just had a quick listen to them very different but each do justice to the song.

Yeah.. wasn't too sure on The Biff's cover at the start, but it won me over big time.

Some excellent names on the album - from Aaron Dessner to Lauren Mayberry to Ben Gibbard etc. And Sarah Silverman... yes, THAT Sarah Silverman.. she's a big Frabbit fan.

Pre-ordered album and t-shirt bundle... great cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

It's great hearing the different takes on the songs, Biffy did a fantastic job. Am really liking the Twilight Sad and Craig Finn covers. Daughters version of Poke is great, haunting...really mixed it up.
    This album is great to listen to, firmly on my drive to work playlist.

• Advertisement

It's great hearing the different takes on the songs, Biffy did a fantastic job. Am really liking the Twilight Sad and Craig Finn covers. Daughters version of Poke is great, haunting...really mixed it up.
    This album is great to listen to, firmly on my drive to work playlist.
    Some excellent ones on there...Daughter's 'Poke and Ben Gibbard's 'Keep Yourself Warm' are standouts IMO.

Weirdly, despite loving Sad, I really don't think much of their version of 'Floating In The Forth'.. given the (albeit somewhat tenous) link between it and Scott's death, maybe I just wanted something a bit more sombre, but maybe my opinion will change.

Advertisement