Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiqa inspection officers

• 21-03-2009 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bluemoney

Hi everyone,

I read that HIQA are employing 50 inpsectors for Nursing homes, begining in July. Does anyone know when this recruitment will happen?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Hi,

I am not familar with Nursing, but I would generally recommend you contact the company directly and ask to speak with HR or Recruitment.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Clueso Gadget

I see HIQA are now looking for 14 Inspectors for Cork and Dublin, June 2011. Anyone know the background you need to get this job or what those already doing it came from, they don't really say in the booklet? I thought applicants would have to be from a social care/work or nursing background but it doesn't specify that in the booklet, just any degree and a list of competencies including knowledge in the health/social care area - knowledge doesn't mean experience though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shoes77

Clueso i am having the same problem. Dont know what they are looking for. The salary is Engineer grade 2 (Equivelant). Have you heard anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Clueso Gadget

shoes77 wrote: »
    Clueso i am having the same problem. Dont know what they are looking for. The salary is Engineer grade 2 (Equivelant). Have you heard anything

No but surely if they are only looking for those who have direct experience in health and social care, then they would have stated it! I hope so or I just wasted 4 hours filling in an application...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Maryorange

Hi, was interested is being a hiqa inspection what is it like to work for HIQA anybody help me please

• Advertisement

shoes77 wrote: »
    Hi i am wondering did u get the HIQA position what it's like interested is becoming an inspector looking forward hearing from you

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭the14thwarrior

if you go to HIQA website and download job description you will see they need a degree, a professional degree in an associated healthcare area such as nursing, social worker etc. professional degrees are different than standard degrees, I herd there may be long hours but i'm looking to find out myself,. application form is very long!

Hi, application form is very long, did you sent off an application form, hope to get my off tonight.Have to applied for position before with HIQA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Anyone apply this time? got an email a week ago with assessment test. broadband not fast enough at the mo. but got an email this morning telling me i did not make the cut. ?? i have til Friday to do assessment or did.

all seems weird. thought i would check if its only me.

Hi i got a phone call from cpl it was a mistake must do asessments i say the difficult i wonder how long are the asessments??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

Got the email and then subsequent email/phone call to say it was a mistake. Had done the test the night before so was gutted to think I didn't make the grade.

Tests were pretty tricky and there's a lot of time pressure.

For what it's worth, I think these roles (Regulatory Officer) are different to the ones at the start of the thread. It's more entry level/graduate and the salary is nowhere near what the inspection officer role was if i remember correctly.

Anyway, no doubt there were hundreds of applications.

Hi
    Best of luck , how long did it take you to complete all tests.The salary is much lower this time hope to do test tomorrow not looking forward to it

You can log in with the details provided and see the links for the three tests. They're all time limited and you need to do them by Friday.

About the salary, it's not that it's lower than before. It's that this is a different role to the ones advertised before, a lower grade. As far as I can see anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Keveil

Hi I took the online tests today & I found the numerical extremely difficult. just wondering if it was just me or did anyone else think this as well??

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭roe_cat

Yup -numerical was definitely the hardest part. I know I'm out of practice but just understanding the tables and questions took up most of the time before I even had a chance to try work anything out...

Yeah, numerical toughest for me too. It was the time pressure more than anything. Managed to get to the last 3-4 questions and had to just guess the rest in about 30 seconds. Inductive was the easiest I thought, seemed to be ample time to get through everything.

• Hey I just completed these online assessments, first time iv completed tests like that before for job process. I really wanted to apply for HIQA jobs in 2011 but didnt think I had enough experience so have been working towards to that. I know this role is different but im assuming people other than graduates will be applying?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ladybug14

Hey guys I'm really interested in working with HIQA. Is it to late to apply? I couldn't seem to find it on their website.. Thanks

• Ladybug14 wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm really interested in working with HIQA. Is it to late to apply? I couldn't seem to find it on their website.. Thanks

Hi Ladybug,sorry the closing date was back in March :(

• Ahh got an email for the assessment centre.. anyone else?? I automatically fear I will mess it up as its verify the online results.

• Advertisement

Nothing here yet. Really hoping no news is good news.

Ah, seems no news was bad news. Just got the rejection email :(

• Ah, seems no news was bad news. Just got the rejection email :(

Sorry to hear that bluethunder. I'm not feeling very optimistic about it was hard enough first time around

Hi All

Just got rejection email. Thought I had done quite well but I only had a honours degree. Thinking maybe that was a big factor. What does everyone else think.

Dash Slimy Technique hope I am not being nosy but did you have a Masters or PhD?

Keveil wrote: »
    Hi All

Just got rejection email. Thought I had done quite well but I only had a honours degree. Thinking maybe that was a big factor. What does everyone else think.

Dash Slimy Technique hope I am not being nosy but did you have a Masters or PhD?

Didn't come into it at this stage. Once you have an honours degree you were eligible to take the online test. Getting to stage 3 was simply on the basis of scores in the test.

• I have a masters so I don't know if that was taken into consideration or not.

Hi Dash Slimy Technique

Well congratulations! I wish you all the best. What was the area of your Masters? Just curious to see if they were looking at certain areas.

Didn't come into it at this stage. Once you have an honours degree you were eligible to take the online test. Getting to stage 3 was simply on the basis of scores in the test.
    I know what you mean bluethunder but obviously if they can call in 200 applicants with Masters or PhD then they will be able to recruit the creme de la creme!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

also got the call, have a masters too - RCSI Healthcare but not hoours for what its worth

• Advertisement

• Oh I wanted to do that one some day laiseedaisy! Mine is in rehabilitation and disability.

Advertisement