Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Affordable Accommodation Vienna

• 11-11-2019 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm looking for affordable accommodation in Vienna for 3 nights in Dec 29th, 30th and 31st. It's New Years so it obviously very expensive so I know this is a long shot but I thought I'd try. Perhaps someone knows someone with an apartment or something, something outside the normal channels is required! Affordable is subjective so what I mean is something under 90 euro a night. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Do the "normal channels" include Couchsurfing.com ? Might be a good option if there's only yourself. Alternatively, ask https://www.campingwien.at/en/camping-wien-west/ if their bungalows are available over NYE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Do the "normal channels" include Couchsurfing.com ? Might be a good option if there's only yourself. Alternatively, ask https://www.campingwien.at/en/camping-wien-west/ if their bungalows are available over NYE.

That’s awesome. Thanks. It’s my wife and I but I’ll try that bungalow website.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

I was in Vienna last month and stayed in the "Carlton Opera" hotel. It was fairly reasonable and clean with breakfast included. Not sure about New Years prices, but it's a nice hotel in a good location. Enjoy, Vienna is a lovely city!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Follow-up to my earlier post. Years ago (like about 25!) I stayed in a guesthouse in Vienna for NY on two occasions, the same one both times, and it was really cheap, really central and really friendly. I didn't suggest this above as I thought that Airbnb would have long since wiped out that kind of option, but a quick bit of googling suggests that the market is still alive and well, and comes in well under your budget - about 40-50€ per night. Google "gästezimmer wien" and take it from there.

Advertisement