Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How's life in NZ/Aus?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

0utpost31 wrote: »
    You can get bottled across the head in rainy weather anywhere you plonk.

Warning infraction given to outpost31. Play nice people - there is no personal abuse tolerated in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

watna wrote: »
    Warning infraction given to outpost31. Play nice people - there is no personal abuse tolerated in this forum.
    Hi watna!

Hi watna!

Hello!

How's things?

Hello!

How's things?
    Oh you know, same old.

Just counting down the hours until i get to go out in the sun.

You? Got much planned for the weekend?

Oh you know, same old.

Just counting down the hours until i get to go out in the sun.

You? Got much planned for the weekend?

Going out for dinner and drink when i finish work in 20 minutes. Tomorrow I've got corporate tickets (with free drink and food!) to a rugby match and on Sunday I'm going for a long walk to enjoy the sunshine.

Looking like a pretty good weekend.

you?

• Advertisement

Girlfriends birthday,

Quite one tonight, up early tomorrow get cake, decors and present (clown fish aka finding nemo and everything to facilite such), set up her apt etc and out on the lash.

Sunday - ?

Girlfriends birthday,

Quite one tonight, up early tomorrow get cake, decors and present (clown fish aka finding nemo and everything to facilite such), set up her apt etc and out on the lash.

Sunday - ?

Sunday = hungover methinks.

That sounds nice for you gfs birthday. You have a soft side!

chEERS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭0utpost31

What?:confused:

His username is PLONK, I called him PLONK.

0utpost31 wrote: »
    What?:confused:

His username is PLONK, I called him PLONK.

Which is why I only gave you a warning. I'm aware his username is plonk but you said you plonk and it came across quite aggresive. The post was reported by another user which I only saw after I had infracted you so I wasn't the only one who thought so.

I won't be discussing this on thread anymore as it is dragging this thread (which is very vague anyway) off-topic. If you have a further problem you can take it to the helpdesk. However, as I said above it is just a light warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

oh man, after being home for that short time... i miss it even more now :/

lull season for surfing too, so nothing to distract myself with properly. bleh.

absolutely loving my job though, and the weather's just about perfect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Perth is finally starting to heat up - 30 degrees today, though I still want more. Bring on 35/36! :D

Hmm, we had mid 20s in Wellington over the weekend and I was delighted. It wasn't fun running around trying to get stuff done in work yesterday though!

Also, in NZ news. I got a kiwi driving licence today. It was worringly easy. I just had to give them $40 and show them my Irish driivng licence. I feel like I should have worked more for it, expecially as I didn't have to surrender my Irish licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

hey Xavi. Off the top of your head, how's the job situation in Perth these days? Hard to call? What's word on the street like, especially amongst newly arrived? I'm talking full time jobs, not casual work....

Could I get a number driving out in Kalgoorlie!?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Is there many boardsies in sydney? Everyone seems to be in perth or other places.

Also, anyone going to the melbourne cup?

Hmm, we had mid 20s in Wellington over the weekend and I was delighted. It wasn't fun running around trying to get stuff done in work yesterday though!

Also, in NZ news. I got a kiwi driving licence today. It was worringly easy. I just had to give them $40 and show them my Irish driivng licence. I feel like I should have worked more for it, expecially as I didn't have to surrender my Irish licence.

i have no idea how hot it got this weekend, but i have a very very clearcut farmer's tan already! my freckles are darkening remarkably, and you can see the large white patches when i take my rings or bracelets off. :( my lovely gothtan is ruined :(

hehe, at least my surfing has improved, and i damn well enjoyed myself doing it :D

and oh yeah, i knew i quoted your post for a reason! i got really excited for a moment reading it, until i realised you already had an irish licence. i think the system here is that it takes a couple of years to get a full license. i dont want to start trying to get mine until i know if ill still be in the country come jan (and previous crap is cleared up... change for the better! :)) so if i do get my visa i shall celebrate by starting the lengthy process of learning to drive and getting a licence in nz :)

edit: *GASP* just saw the back of my hair! it's beginning to bleach itself light brown and... and... *cringe* blonde! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Is there many boardsies in sydney? Everyone seems to be in perth or other places.

I think there is 4 or 5 in the Sydney 'posse'

i have no idea how hot it got this weekend, but i have a very very clearcut farmer's tan already! my freckles are darkening remarkably, and you can see the large white patches when i take my rings or bracelets off. :( my lovely gothtan is ruined :(

hehe, at least my surfing has improved, and i damn well enjoyed myself doing it :D

and oh yeah, i knew i quoted your post for a reason! i got really excited for a moment reading it, until i realised you already had an irish licence. i think the system here is that it takes a couple of years to get a full license. i dont want to start trying to get mine until i know if ill still be in the country come jan (and previous crap is cleared up... change for the better! :)) so if i do get my visa i shall celebrate by starting the lengthy process of learning to drive and getting a licence in nz :)

edit: *GASP* just saw the back of my hair! it's beginning to bleach itself light brown and... and... *cringe* blonde! :eek:

Yeah, the system here is a pain. You have to do a theory test to get a learners permit, then do a test to get your restricted licence, then a test to get your full licence. I am very relieved I could just flash them my Irish licence (which was hardly easy to get either I suppose!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

The_B_Man wrote: »

Also, anyone going to the melbourne cup?

I is in sydney and a few other... not going melbourne cup
    heading to the int. rules + melbourne derby though!

33.5 degress yesterday = :D

Hit the beach for the day and got workin on my tan. Absolutely beautiful out.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    33.5 degress yesterday = :D

Hit the beach for the day and got workin on my tan. Absolutely beautiful out.

It was beautiful here too. Everyone was at the beach swimming when I drove past.

I was hungover so no sun for me!

I wanna go to perth! :(

Sydney is nice (also got voted best city in the world again) but I'm used to citys and think ya have much more craic outside of them. Maybe its coz im not living anywhere near the beaches here. Stuck in a sh*thole suburb. :(

Yeah, the system here is a pain. You have to do a theory test to get a learners permit, then do a test to get your restricted licence, then a test to get your full licence. I am very relieved I could just flash them my Irish licence (which was hardly easy to get either I suppose!)

think about it though. kiwi boy racers. im all for making it harder to get a licence,and highering the age.

think about it though. kiwi boy racers. im all for making it harder to get a licence,and highering the age.

True, but I really don't think the roads are any safer here or people are better drivers. I get reports from the police emailed to me at work (it's free to sign up to and is super interesting). I get them for the wellington region only but there is a lot of car accidents on it and usually with very young people.

How much does their system help I wonder?

Same system over here, and to be far it is far better than the Irish one.

The problems however come from the fact that at 17 you can get a 5 litre automatic, which is essentially a glorified go-kart. Any tool can drive an auto and that's exactly what you get on the roads over here. They are the ones causing the problems.

IMO everybody should be made learn and pass the test in a manual. Then if you want you can go for an auto once you're a competant driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yeah teh boy races over in sydney seem to have much bigger cars (as Xavi said 5lt go-kart), they spend hours on the saturday night driving up and down George st ... muppets

I never get this at all, they all rev up their engines then move about 10meters then stop again ...

the age here is 15. i know plenty of idiots who dont give a crap about the rules about not carrying mates with them till they've a full licence. drinking, getting into fights, racing, shouting about out the car... and that's just the girls i know.

personally, they are in no way mature enough to be behind a wheel. some are, granted. but an 18 year old is, on average/in general, more responsible than a 15 year old.
    usually more likely to have learnt how to tell their mates 'no' as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Got my 457 visa. Wahoo!
    I don't have to go home to poverty ridden Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

Congrats.
    Hit the town to celebrate. It'd be rude not to.

• Advertisement

where ya gonna go?

Advertisement