Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PM Work Brisbane

• 15-04-2014 5:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have been based in Brizzy for 7 years now and have set myself up with a good network of connections.

In the last week I have had 6 separate enquiries looking for PMs and CAs for contract to permanent work and for Mining to commercial.

May be a good time to start sniffing around, its not been this way since 2007.

DM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

Just wondering what type of work is going and what pms and cas are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Project Managers and Contract Administrators....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tbf, if you have to ask then you probably aren't going to be going for the position ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

Thanks angry hippie for the clarification

Mellor just as well it is not me looking so!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭someday2010

I was of the understanding that things were pretty weak/slow in construction in brisbane and regional QLD at the moment?? Things are really beginning to slow down in WA especially FIFO construction work - major recession on in that market at the moment.

• Advertisement

Things have definitely slowed again, and will probably remain sluggish until after the budget is released, or EOFY, depending on what scheme Big Tony comes up with for his surplus plan. Recession is too specific a term to throw into the employment market. Seek might have some statistics on how many positions etc. compared to this time last year, and what represents growth, but there are still a few fairly substantial projects starting off, just nothing on the scale of the LNG and coal infrastructure of the last 6 years.
    No need to panic, but I'd say the number of 457's will taper and things will definitely slow a little for the next few months.

Don't panic yet. Good workers probably still find work. The days of revolving door employees and not giving a sh!t about your reputation may be coming to a rapid end. (Probably not a bad thing IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Seems the unemployment rate is dropping down 0.2% to 5.8% most people i know are small business owners and there telling me that the amount of work they're getting is also down. The resen from there point of view is that the sencet hasn't sit yet and that big business is waiting until they know whats going happen politically.

Macro Recruitment also publish job numbers based along geographical boarders and also based on industry.

Source:http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats%5Cabs@.nsf/mediareleasesbyCatalogue/46DFE12FCDB783D9CA256B740082AA6C?Opendocument

http://www.macrorecruitment.com.au/index.php?category=7&section=79

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats%5Cabs@.nsf/mediareleasesbyCatalogue/46DFE12FCDB783D9CA256B740082AA6C?Opendocument

Cloudy skewed figures with that 5.8% stat.
    It is due to an increase in part time employment of 40,200, but there is an overall decrease in full-time participation of 22,100.

Overall, full time participation is down.

As for the http://www.macrorecruitment.com.au/index.php?category=7&section=79 link, it displays since July, which is a total misnomer, as there is a dip every January, April and June in any case, due to seasonal factors - Holiday season, Uni Grads coming on-stream, End of Financial year, and Budget time.

To display 9 months as meaningful data is like looking out the window and asserting what the climate is. Daftness.

Small business chatter is a better indicator than either of those sources. If they are doing it tough across the board, then things are slowing.

Advertisement