Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anybody recog this model?

• 26-11-2018 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭

Cant seem to find specific info on this model. Esp the shape of the disc tray.
    8Fm09ck.jpg
    7MtyMlA.jpg
    mg4Ak4W.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It could be a modded Flip Top perhaps (to play copied and region free games)

http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachments/f153/45839d1374434394-playing-backups-77001-ps2-36931.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Corholio wrote: »
    It could be a modded Flip Top perhaps (to play copied and region free games)

http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachments/f153/45839d1374434394-playing-backups-77001-ps2-36931.jpg

Yeah,

I was about to say the same.

The model number indicates a boring normal and therefore fantastic PS2 Slim.
    The lid there looks like an aftermarket replacement, so you do that swapping business and play copied and other region games.

Better to stick to a modchip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Those flip tops came very late in the ps2 life cycle iirc. I had broken 2 laser motors using the hook to eject disc swapping tool before these showed up. If you have the region bypass disc, can't remember what they were called, then this should be a great find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Those flip tops came very late in the ps2 life cycle iirc. I had broken 2 laser motors using the hook to eject disc swapping tool before these showed up. If you have the region bypass disc, can't remember what they were called, then this should be a great find.

SwapMagic are the discs you need I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Haven't got the disc. But i think its possible to make your own.

the circle portion of the lid can open separate from the rest of the tray btw. So the disc would be spinning

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

cursai wrote: »
    Haven't got the disc. But i think its possible to make your own.

the circle portion of the lid can open separate from the rest of the tray btw. So the disc would be spinning

Had one of these many moons ago.

The swap magic disc stops spinning once it's ready for you to swap the discs.

Advertisement