Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Comments

King Mob wrote:
    No, it is being racist.

Saying halal slaughter is barbaric is not racist. Why would you think it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

King Mob wrote: »
    Lol.
    Highlighted the important word.
    You however have not explained why you are bothering by the idea of something being halal in the first place.

I suspect it is because it's "foreign" and it offends your sensibilities because of that.

Again, in what way does this small change affect you that bothers you so much? Why do people like you always look for racism? It's possible to not like certain things without being a racist, you know?

Lol. That's a good way to avoid awkward questions.
    Doesn't make you look ridiculous or anything.
    Good job.

Still don't know why this is a conspiracy or what the issue is...:confused:

I never mentioned conspiracy I dont believe there is any conspiracy here. Why is it racist to call religious people morons?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    Well I presume here that Halal bread is made using products from an animal slaughtered according to Islamic law, that's why its being brought up. As for why it's in a conspiracy forum you're asking the wrong person.

When people come to Ireland they should to adapt to the way things are here, end of story. I dont see why we should be changing the way we do things for them, and a tiny amount of them

No point talking to you people yous are all bandwagon jumpers on anything to do with poor minoritys.

Whether it affects me or not isn't the point.

So they should eat bacon, drink alcohol? People have the right to live how they wish as long as it's legal and should be able to eat what they want as long as its legal.

So many having hissy fits over something that's been happening for years :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I never mentioned conspiracy I dont believe there is any conspiracy here.
    Ok.
    So why are you posting?
    Why is it racist to call religious people morons?
    Why would I attempt to explain why your post was racist when you have not actually answered the central question I've been asking.

You seem very upset by the idea of eating halal food, but you don't seem to have any reason why.
    Are you triggered by the idea perhaps?
    Saying halal slaughter is barbaric is not racist. Why would you think it is?
    Lol.

So they should eat bacon, drink alcohol? People have the right to live how they wish as long as it's legal and should be able to eat what they want as long as its legal.

So many having hissy fits over something that's been happening for years :rolleyes:

So the way we prep our food is not good enough for them. So we have to change our ways for them yeah?

• Advertisement

I wouldn't go that far. I just find it unusual that there would be an eu directive calling for all animals to be stunned before slaughter unless for halal reasons.

That would indicate that it is less humane and probably shouldn't be acceptable just for the religious sensibilities of others.

Will read more about it though.

So the way we prep our food is not good enough for them. So we have to change our ways for them yeah?
    Actually...
    Gonna have to ask you to define what is meant by halal without googling it.

I don't think you know...

Actually...
    Gonna have to ask you to define what is meant by halal without googling it.

I don't think you know...

You didnt answer my question

How is it changing our ways? You're honestly proving that you have no clue at this stage.

You didnt answer my question
    Lol.
    No one's been able to answer mine.
    Not sure why I would waste my time trying to explain why using the word barbaric has certain implications when you cats can't even explain why you are so triggered by the idea of halal.
    Especially since you don't actually know what halal is.

And still not sure the conspiracy here is.

• Advertisement

Lol.
    No one's been able to answer mine.
    Not sure why I would waste my time trying to explain why using the word barbaric has certain implications when you cats can't even explain why you are so triggered by the idea of halal.
    Especially since you don't actually know what halal is.

And still not sure the conspiracy here is.

Why dont you PM the op and find out ?

How is it changing our ways? You're honestly proving that you have no clue at this stage.

Changing the way WE slaughter animals. Because some morons believe that God wants them to eat certain foods a certain way. Its mental illness and people like you are enabling them.

Why dont you PM the op and find out ?
    Or I dunno, could ask on thread...

But still curious why you are so triggered by the issue yet seem completely unable to explain why, what the issue is or what halal even means.

Is it just because you find it weird and foreign?

Changing the way WE slaughter animals.
    The animals we slaughter in making bread?:confused:

Or I dunno, could ask on thread...

But still curious why you are so triggered by the issue yet seem completely unable to explain why, what the issue is or what halal even means.

Is it just because you find it weird and foreign?

I dont believe we should change the way we slaughter animals for a tiny amount or mentally ill people.

Changing the way WE slaughter animals. Because some morons believe that God wants them to eat certain foods a certain way. Its mental illness and people like you are enabling them.

I couldn't give a shìte what sky fairy someone believes in, the fact is you're having a hissy over something that does not affect you in any way shape or form.

I dont believe we should change the way we slaughter animals for a tiny amount or mentally ill people.
    Again, you are refering to the bread cows we harvest bread from?
    :confused:

And why do you believe this?
    What is the issue?
    How does it effect you?

Could you please explain what halal is so we can see that you at least know what is offending and triggering you so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,123 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I couldn't give a shìte what sky fairy someone believes in, the fact is you're having a hissy over something that does not affect you in any way shape or form.

and something that they have probably been eating for the last 2 years.

Again, you are refering to the bread cows we harvest bread from?
    :confused:

And why do you believe this?
    What is the issue?
    How does it effect you?

Could you please explain what halal is so we can see that you at least know what is offending and triggering you so much?

It's not just about bread though is it? There is halal slaughter of animals happening in Ireland. And eventually they will all be slaughtered in that way.

All because a few morons believe in some sky God dictating what way they prepare food.

People that believe such bs deserve nothing but ridicule.

It's not just about bread though is it?
    That's the issue being discussed.
    You referred to the halal bread as "dirt".
    In what way is it "dirty" or "forbidden" to you?
    There is halal slaughter of animals happening in Ireland.
    Ok. And how does this impact you?
    Why does this trigger you?
    And eventually they will all be slaughtered in that way.
    Why do you believe this?
    Do you have any evidence to this effect?
    People that believe such bs deserve nothing but ridicule.
    And lets say if some one believed something like chemtrails, would they also be deserving of nothing but ridicule?

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote:
    Ok. And how does this impact you? Why does this trigger you?

Because although I eat animals and their produce, I don't believe they should go through any additional suffering to appease a religious belief.

Because although I eat animals and their produce, I don't believe they should go through any additional suffering to appease a religious belief.
    And again, we are talking about the bread cows that they slaughter?

In what way does the animal slaughter affect you more than say the production of pate for example?
    Why be up in arms about halal but not the many many other ways that animals are treated cruelly?

Could it be because it's weird and foreign?

And could you explain why this is a conspiracy? Still ain't got an answer for that...

That's the issue being discussed.
    You referred to the halal bread as "dirt".
    In what way is it "dirty" or "forbidden" to you?

Ok. And how does this impact you?
    Why does this trigger you?

Why do you believe this?
    Do you have any evidence to this effect?

And lets say if some one believed something like chemtrails, would they also be deserving of nothing but ridicule?

Why are you asking me about chemtrails dont be lumping me in with fans of Gemma. I made my point I dont see why we should be catering for a tiny amount of people with unbelievably warped beliefs. The way we do things in Ireland is different from the way things are done in Islamic countrys. I wouldn't be going to Saudi Arabia expecting a bowl of Irish stew prepared like me ma used to. Muslims and anyone else for that matter should adapt to our ways here. If that's not for them then they should leave.

And could you explain why this is a conspiracy? Still ain't got an answer for that...

Have you asked the person that said it was a conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Cordell

Your neighbor being robbed doesn't impact you either, right?

There's 2 problems with it: it's against the law and it's fundamentalism (follow the letter, not the spirit). The law and EU regulations require that livestock needs to be stunned before slaughtering (so it's either they get a waiver or a looking the other way, everyone else needs to comply, that is, discrimination), and the spirit of this halal BS is that it's supposed to be a set of guidelines of what's healthy and safe and what's not. Pork meat spoils easily and can carry parasites, but that's not true anymore today. Today pork is safer than chicken, halal or not. And smoking is not haram.

King Mob wrote:
    And again, we are talking about the bread cows that they slaughter?

Absolutely not. I was only referring to when you said that referring to halal slaughter (ie not allowing an animal to be stunned before slaughtered) as barbaric was racist.

Why are you asking me about chemtrails dont be lumping me in with fans of Gemma.
    So then rather than ridiculing her for her ridiculous beliefs, you're getting all triggered and worked up cause of what she posted. (A two year old news story.)
    Seems a bit silly to me.
    I made my point I dont see why we should be catering for a tiny amount of people with unbelievably warped beliefs. The way we do things in Ireland is different from the way things are done in Islamic countrys. I wouldn't be going to Saudi Arabia expecting a bowl of Irish stew prepared like me ma used to. Muslims and anyone else for that matter should adapt to our ways here.
    Ok.
    But how does it effect you?
    Why does it trigger you so much?
    If that's not for them then they should leave.
    So... is it just racism then?

Have you asked the person that said it was a conspiracy?
    Yes, on the thread, many times.

Absolutely not. I was only referring to when you said that referring to halal slaughter (ie not allowing an animal to be stunned before slaughtered) as barbaric was racist.
    And as I explained there's no point getting into why using the term "barbaric" in this context has implications.
    No one has so far been able to directly answer my questions. Best to keep it on topic.

• Advertisement

Yes, on the thread, many times.

Well maybe you shouldnt ask people that never claimed it was a conspiracy. And as for calling me a racist, its laughable I'm not even slightly insulted. You people aren't gonna put a stop to anyone by calling them racist, that time is over. Deal with it.

Advertisement