Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2019 purchases

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

5bbdcd6aa9f9f12a3523d4c4-large.jpg?cache_buster=4ee7f2628b1748180e41ff151c469cf7

Saw these and I just had to have them. And I bought 20 other things from that site too! :D
    Oh well I got paid this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

in the disney store in the Blanchardstown SC earlier today & picked up a gorgeous Baymax (Big Hero 6) christmas tree decoration. He's wrapped in christmas tree lights & has a red bauble hanging from his finger, as a big hero 6 & crimbo fan an amalgamation of the two was something I couldn't resist even if it was €17.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    in the disney store in the Blanchardstown SC earlier today & picked up a gorgeous Baymax (Big Hero 6) christmas tree decoration. He's wrapped in christmas tree lights & has a red bauble hanging from his finger, as a big hero 6 & crimbo fan an amalgamation of the two was something I couldn't resist even if it was €17.

Disney and Christmas are two of my biggest weaknesses, could seriously bankrupt myself in the Disney store especially when they have the full Christmas range in. My wife is just as bad so there is no sensible adult to say ‘No’ !!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I just reserved something in Argos todayy to pick up at the weekend - I think I might have just bought my first 2019 Christmas present :D

(no money has changed hands yet and I don't get paid til next week so this might not work out, lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I got the Christmas light up Pascal decoration in the Disney Store a few days ago. It killed me to walk out of there with only one decoration but knew the OH would be hopping if he discovered I bought anymore :D

• Advertisement

Sundew wrote: »
    I got the Christmas light up Pascal decoration in the Disney Store a few days ago. It killed me to walk out of there with only one decoration but knew the OH would be hopping if he discovered I bought anymore :D

Fair play narrowing it down to one!

[IMG][/img]20190828_162329_zpsyrtyxtbq.jpg

Our first christmas related purchase of 2019. Though I suspect mincemeat can be bought all year round now, so maybe not :)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

ooh I bagged my mincemeat last Jan/Feb in Tesco - they were selling it off for something stupid like 10c a jar - despite still being well 'in date' for this Christmas. Worst case scenario, it won't be a big loss even if I don't like the look of it when I open it. I always add in brandy and cherries to mine anyway to liven it up a bit.

mmmm I want mince pies now....drools at the desk:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

chuckles30 wrote: »

Giftworks! I was trying to remember the name of this shop - I bought the Santa in a telefon box off them last year - it's amazing!! I'm going to get the matching snowman one this year!

• Advertisement

chuckles30 wrote: »

Glass cutting worktop saver............is that what a chopping board is called these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I accidentally started my Christmas shopping last week. Cannot wait til I have an acceptable amount of pressies to have a wrapping session. I have promised myself that this year I will keep a proper list of what I have bought and for who so I do not go overboard again!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JustMe,K wrote: »
    I accidentally started my Christmas shopping last week. Cannot wait til I have an acceptable amount of pressies to have a wrapping session. I have promised myself that this year I will keep a proper list of what I have bought and for who so I do not go overboard again!

You can get some really good apps that help track who you bought for, price,etc and you can set a budget as well, I find they really help curb the spending cause it can get out of hand very quickly otherwise.

Loughc wrote: »
    You can get some really good apps that help track who you bought for, price,etc and you can set a budget as well, I find they really help curb the spending cause it can get out of hand very quickly otherwise.

Any ones you recommend? Asking for a friend!!:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Any ones you recommend? Asking for a friend!!:D

The one I use is called Manage Christmas. It allows you to lock it with a password as well so it stops and snopping haha.

The one I use is called Manage Christmas. It allows you to lock it with a password as well so it stops and snopping haha.

Love it!! Thanks for the recommendation :)

Thanks Loughc.

when I look that up in the App store, the one below it is 'Video Call Santa' :D

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Giftworks! I was trying to remember the name of this shop - I bought the Santa in a telefon box off them last year - it's amazing!! I'm going to get the matching snowman one this year!

Oh I got both of the phone boxes last year - they have them again this year. They are fab!!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Glass cutting worktop saver............is that what a chopping board is called these days!

I don't find the worktop savers great for chopping tbh - I only use them for leaving stirring spoons/hot grill pan/saucepans etc on. It's easy to give them a wash in the sink after if they get too mucked up.

I prefer my plastic chopping boards for actual chopping - better for the knife too I reckon

Having that later so! :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭puppydogeyes

I feel there is an app to do Kris Krindle where everybody on the list gets a name to buy for but nobody else on it knows who is buying for each other.. anyone know what the app is called. Be great for our family as mom always figures out who is buying for who. Think I got it myself. It's just the secret santa app.

I feel there is an app to do Kris Krindle where everybody on the list gets a name to buy for but nobody else on it knows who is buying for each other.. anyone know what the app is called. Be great for our family as mom always figures out who is buying for who. Think I got it myself. It's just the secret santa app.

we used drawnames.ie for this a few years ago. It was quite good because you could put together a wishlist and whoever got you could pick from things you would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

John Lewis reveals its top 7 Christmas decorating themes for 2019:
    1. Traditions
    2. Snowscape
    3. Campfire
    4. Garden Retreat
    5. Sanctuary
    6. ABC
    7. Party
    I quite like Campfire !
    https://www.housebeautiful.com/uk/decorate/looks/a28906348/john-lewis-christmas-decorations/

otnomart wrote: »
    1. Traditions
    2. Snowscape
    3. Campfire
    4. Garden Retreat
    5. Sanctuary
    6. ABC
    7. Party
    I quite like Campfire !
    https://www.housebeautiful.com/uk/decorate/looks/a28906348/john-lewis-christmas-decorations/

1-3 are nice. But ABC and Party need to be burnt.

otnomart wrote: »
    1. Traditions
    2. Snowscape
    3. Campfire
    4. Garden Retreat
    5. Sanctuary
    6. ABC
    7. Party
    I quite like Campfire !

Like bits of all of them. Definitely not the big eye decoration though!

the 'Winter Holiday' collection will will be available from Ikea stores in October.
    I love the look of the gingerbread house !
    https://www.her.ie/style/scandi-christmas-magic-ikea-reveals-years-holiday-season-collection-480235

First Christmas related purchase for me this year !
    I perfume/freshen my home with essential oils (don't use candles) and wanted a new one that would be good for both Autumn and the run up to Christmas.
    Initially wanted to buy Orange, then saw Ginger and went for it instead.
    It is absolutely gorgeous !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Went to the Arnott's warehouse sale today. Bought a stand up Nordic boy and girl, some tree decorations as we are gonna put a second tree up in the kitchen this year. Also got the festive cocktail Yankee candle and a couple of gift sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭washiskin

:) Bought a Spiced Apple house spray in Tesco last night, Glade I think. It's like Christmas in a can.....

Advertisement