Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Let's see your Christmas trees! *No quoting pics please*

• 08-11-2017 7:52pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's time for our forum Christmas tree spectacular!! 😃😃

There are just three tree rules:

-Do not quote pics!
    -Images must be under 800 pixels wide and try to embed rather than posting links.
    -Minimum relevant discussion is okay, but "nice tree" type posts may just be deleted. They will get in the way of the shiny trees!

Now, let's see some trees!

3ppJnTt.png?1
    Post edited by Posy on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

My mini glitz' put their tree up today. Eldest has asd and a mild dog / star wars addiction and youngest loves wooden toys so that was the theme of this year's tree !

No lights because youngest is liable to try lick them or chew through them like a hamster :pac: 2 very happy little boys here today !

ulZqnNe.jpg?1

HbTKz3X.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

One of the trees done this one is in dining room / kitchen which we have gold and cream and brown theme in. Have ordered my nebraska tree can't wait to put it in sitting room !

sC073pl.jpg?1

pMGERnA.jpg?1

sVNZ5EX.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Got this idea online,have deep windosills so started doing some villages and winter scenes.

NSSa3hT.jpg?1

cCj1wNh.jpg?1

jhzRBcZ.jpg?1

Another one done,kitchen wall. First time doing one of these.

kfLXiVM.jpg?1

rEF77Pp.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

76FBrDk.jpg?1

Not the best pic but I’m being lazy and taking it from the couch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Another one done,kitchen wall. First time doing one of these.

How did you attach the lights to the wall? Would love to do this, but don't want to risk pulling the paint off.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

2017's offering:

pmDJjHdl.jpg

nqw8uX9l.jpg

y3Fqkbpl.jpg

vzP6xDGl.jpg

wkHLInll.jpg

PyVMjfSl.jpg

hluNn8gl.jpg

4eFzoeXl.jpg

m0f0p2Rl.jpg

OYR45bXl.jpg

h3UI4cFl.jpg

6zYCWpGl.jpg

chuckles30 wrote: »
    How did you attach the lights to the wall? Would love to do this, but don't want to risk pulling the paint off.....

Screw hooks into plaster board

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

2zS6AC.png

h8Xh08.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Our tree! Believe it or not, there are 1000 lights on it and it could definitely do with more but I love it.

435375.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

435468.jpg

435469.jpg

435470.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Finally decorated the tree. Lights went on, on the first go too. Second year in a row there wasn't an argument!

435693.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Finally I figured out how to post some images. This is my tree I put up a few days ago! It’s the earliest ever.....usually I put it up for the Toyshow but the weather got the better of me. Still have to pick up a new star and tree skirt!
    “Tree at night”

iw6gOB7.jpg
    sxHwAvD.jpg

“ Tree in daylight”

dvC0AVT.jpgcLZBhJw.jpg
    zArryk2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

https://imgur.com/a/zdzNIVq

We put ours up over the weekend, earliest we have ever done so and initially it wasn't that Christmasy. We dont have a weekend free till almost Christmas so it had to go up this weekend or never. the next day though when the smell of Christmas was in the house, along with mulled wine was lovely.

If anyone knows how to post the pics rather than the link let me know.
    Post edited by Posy on

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Happy Christmas!! I'm loving seeing all the trees pop up in the estate around us. Never want to take this down :D

http://imgur.com/gallery/Gnq1YPA

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My view for the next month or so. Once the lights were on, it became clear that too many decorations would ruin it, so we just popped on the individual ones and our boxes of baubles will go to the charity shop this week. We're thrilled with how it turned out.

467420.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

This is our kitchen tree - I think it needs more baubles...anyone else with the Nebraska find it super hard to put the baubles on it? I think I need to do bigger loops for next year

20181203_175639.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Tall and thin

467826.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hey folks! These went up last week, somehow we ended up with three trees...or two and a half :D A Christmas forest!

467857.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ours went up this afternoon, house smells all Christmassy now, lovely :)

468080.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'll post my tree tomorrow when I upload the photos.

At the weekend we went to a tree farm and picked out our tree 10ft nordic spruce) and the guy cut it down there and then.

It was also a LOT bigger than it seemed in the field! The smell is incredible! We juuust about squeezed it into our living room. Though it is a spikey wee bastard as it had my hands in bits by the time I'd finished decorating it looks so fluffy and perfect all is forgiven!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Late getting ours up this year. Didn't manage it till the 8th. Only got around to taking some photo's tonight.

Living Room:

v2GLWoq.jpg?1

mIdChWS.jpg?1

cK6fbWr.jpg?1

Dining Room:

xbfLPLD.jpg?1

3laKNWT.jpg?1

Hall/Stairs/Landing:

p0qvxoY.jpg?1

F1WAS7K.jpg?1

QJscYUz.jpg?1

eyZ90o6.jpg?1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

87BfzeC.jpg

rbdkmfY.jpg

nJLGiLB.jpg

Zmdvy4p.jpg

eingnLw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

And here is our real tree for our sitting room. Not sure the picture does it justice - I love it!

zjlNgjZ.jpg?1

Tree.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

496266.jpg

Ta da.

Only addition to the decorations this year, was the reindeer underneath. We were talking about getting the reindeer for years, and herself bit the bullet last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

This is our main tree

iO2i8TK.jpg

And our kitchen tree

09Z8mP9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Put up the tree today. Monday well spent.

Ok 3rd time lucky trying to put these pics here!

496677.jpg

496676.jpg

496678.jpg

Advertisement