I thought I'd start a thread on things from Christmas Past that you never see now or nostalgic things from your own past.
Here are some of mine:
* Big bulb-like coloured lights on public Christmas trees
* The Budweiser ad with the horses
* All my Christmas toys and especially when I was 9. I remember the actual wrapping paper from that year and the anticipation of touching and feeling the wrapped presents days before Christmas trying to figure out what they were!
On Christmas Eve just before going to bed, it was just too much and I tore a little of the paper to see what one of the presents was! Ha!
* Christmas carol singing with my class when I was in primary school. The sheer joy of it, the practising, the waiting for my friends to call so we'd walk down town to it. I used to wear a fair isle jumper all the time - my mum knitted it for me.
* Decorations on my childhood tree that held amazing memories but are gone now - the little elves attached to pipe cleaners that twisted around the branch. The 70s textile-type decorations. The glittery accordion-type 80s style decorations that you can get in Euro shops now.
* In school after the last test/exam and saying goodbye to your school pals and the anticipation that Christmas was just around the corner!
Ok there are piles more but just thought I'd get the ball rolling!
Happy walk down Nostalgia Street!!