Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zooplus.de

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kindly be informed that you placed an order on zooplus.com

Please note that we offer free shipping to Ireland on orders over 99 EUR on our International website. Therefore, you have been charged for shipping.

We trust you will not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance: https://www.zooplus.com/contact/.

Cheekies - Zooplus.com states free delivery over €49!!! :mad: https://www.zooplus.com/content/shippingcosts
    'For most areas in the Republic of Ireland*, we offer you a choice of delivery service partner and free delivery on orders of €49 or more, as follows:'

Also I told them that their contact form is broke.. they link me to the contact form :rolleyes:

Update... they told me to scroll down on that page(!). I replied saying the same page said it was free and how were customers supposed to know which info to go by so they begrudgingly refunded the postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭pawrick

Worth noting that amazon is now starting to be competitive on prices for some brands incl. delivery when comparing to the zooplus.com and .ie sites.

It's handy also to have a revolut account for the better sterling exchange rate for the UK amazon and zooplus sites.

+ Amazon prime now includes free 2 day delivery to Ireland :D with no min spend

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Springwell

Tried to charge me €3.99 for two boxes. Order was €99. Split into two orders with free delivery for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

All those STOCK-UP and STOCKUPANDSAVE codes no longer work. Does anyone have one that works?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

5% off today only. 5-XMAS-18

5% off today only. 5-XMAS-18

wont work if you are already a have a discount plan unfortunitely :( (this wasnt always the case with other discount codes)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

pawrick wrote: »
    wont work if you are already a have a discount plan unfortunitely :( (this wasnt always the case with other discount codes)

What's a "discount plan"? I'm now spending approx €200 a month @ Zooplus :(

What's a "discount plan"? I'm now spending approx €200 a month @ Zooplus :(

You get 3% off every purchase for 3 years for (I think) €20. They're f3ckers though and you can only get it on zooplus.com which charges postage. In the good old days you could sign up on zooplus.de and get the 8% one! :(

tk123 wrote: »
    You get 3% off every purchase for 3 years for (I think) €20. They're f3ckers though and you can only get it on zooplus.com which charges postage. In the good old days you could sign up on zooplus.de and get the 8% one! :(

I get 7% via my German account on the Irish page still (they reduced it from 8 for their german customers around the same time they restricted access for Irish customers)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,756 ✭✭✭✭JPA

boomerang wrote: »
    Good news! It comes into effect in December.

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-online-shopping-eu-3830479-Feb2018/

What is the story here?
    This was meant to come into force on December 3rd but still can't get delivery to Ireland from .de site.

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/geo-blocking-digital-single-market

Anybody know?

JPA wrote: »
    What is the story here?
    This was meant to come into force on December 3rd but still can't get delivery to Ireland from .de site.

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/geo-blocking-digital-single-market

Anybody know?

some googling found this

Every Member State must designate a body or bodies responsible for providing assistance to consumers in the event of a dispute with a trader connected to the Geo-blocking Regulation. This assistance could be provided by explaining consumers’ rights, helping consumers settle a dispute with a trader located in another Member State or explaining future steps for a consumer to take should the consumer assistance body be unable to help. Each Member State must also specify one or more bodies responsible for ensuring the adequate and effective enforcement of the Geo-blocking Regulation.

so i guess it's down to the consumer to report them to some body which probably hasnt been set up yet here?

I've sent the consumer protection commission an email asking where complaints are to be directed. Chances are noting is in place seeing how it's not mentioned on their website.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Seen this article on breakingnews.ie so just sent an email to Deirdre Clune MEP asking if an office or body has been set up to oversee compliance. No harm in asking :)

Been directed to the European Consumer Centre Ireland as they deal with companies based outside of Ireland. Will see where it goes next.

website of the ECCI:

https://www.eccireland.ie/

We should all contact them. I'm tempted to ask zooplus on their FB page lol

. I'm tempted to ask zooplus on their FB page lol

Do it!!!

Do it!!!

"At present, although there are uncertainties about the new regulation on geo-blocking, we don't have any plans to change this.

An important element of the new regulation is that web shops are not obliged to deliver to all EU countries. Web shops are not allowed to block customers based on their IP address or redirect them to another shop. We adhere to this policy.

For example, the German zooplus shop "zooplus.de" does NOT block access for Ireland customers. However, we reserve the right not to deliver orders to an address that is physically not in the shop's address. So in this case Germany.

This is fully in line with current geo-blocking regulations."

"At present, although there are uncertainties about the new regulation on geo-blocking, we don't have any plans to change this.

An important element of the new regulation is that web shops are not obliged to deliver to all EU countries. Web shops are not allowed to block customers based on their IP address or redirect them to another shop. We adhere to this policy.

For example, the German zooplus shop "zooplus.de" does NOT block access for Ireland customers. However, we reserve the right not to deliver orders to an address that is physically not in the shop's address. So in this case Germany.

This is fully in line with current geo-blocking regulations."

Thanks for the update.

No harm running it by the official channels & will post back if i receive a response. They are probably within the law in doing what they are doing however I wonder if they are fully in keeping with the regulations (in spirit or otherwise) considering items shipped come from the same locations prior to the change in their internal policy towards Irish customers.

received a reply from the ECCI - European Consumer Centre Ireland

Unfortunately it's not good and looks like the GEO blocking legislation is easily bypassed by doing what zooplus have done.

*****************************************************************************************************
    Thank you for contacting the European Consumer Centre in Ireland (ECC Ireland).

ECC Ireland offers free information and advice to the public on their rights as consumers in the European Union, assisting them with cross-border complaints (where consumer and trader are based in a different EU/EEA state). ECC Ireland is also involved in various pan-European projects and, as part of a network of 30 centres in Europe, assists consumers in resolving cross-border consumer complaints in an amicable manner. Please note that our services are strictly out-of-court and we do not have any powers of enforcement.

In relation to your complaint, please be advised that Regulation (EU) 2018/302 on addressing unjustified geo-blocking and other forms of discrimination based on customers’ nationality, place of residence or place of establishment within the internal market bans the blocking of access to websites and the re-routing without the customer’s prior consent.

Certain traders operate different versions of their online interfaces (e.g. websites, apps) targeting customers from different Member States. However, as I indicated above, redirecting consumers from one version of the online interface to another version on a discriminatory basis and without their explicit consent is prohibited. Whilst these websites should be accessible to all EU consumers and EU consumers should be able to purchase goods under exactly the same conditions, including price and conditions relating to the delivery of the goods, as consumers who are residents in the Member State in which the goods are delivered or in which the goods are collected, please note that the Regulation does not regulate or harmonise price levels as such and traders remain free to set different prices on website targeting different customer groups.

In light of the above and in relation to your complaint, you should not be redirected from the trader’s German website to the Irish one without your explicit consent. You should be able to access the website in question and place an order under the same conditions as consumer residents in Member States in which the goods are delivered. Unfortunately, if under the website’s terms and conditions the trader does not deliver to Ireland, getting the trader to deliver to Ireland may not be possible under the Geo-blocking Regulation, but rather you will have to organise delivery yourself or arrange to collect the goods at the trader’s premises, if you decide to place an order through the website.

In terms of reporting and enforcement, under Article 7 of the Regulation, each Member State shall designate a body responsible for adequate and effective enforcement of the Regulation. The Statutory Instrument giving effect to the Regulation in Ireland (S.I. No 513 of 2018) stipulates that the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission is designated for the purposes of Article 7 of the EU Regulation as regards disputes between a consumer and a trader. More information on the Regulation and traders’ obligations can be obtained here.

I hope this information will prove to be helpful.

• Advertisement

Posting here as this seems to have become our all things zooplus thread :o I got some snouts before Christmas that seem to be from a bad batch - have consistently made one or both dogs sick as well as my friend's dog who I gave a bag to. Bailey can swallow without chewing and then get sick so I put it down to that initially but then the 2 others were also sick within seconds of eating them. Anyways mailed zooplus - they asked for a photo of the bag and batch number so they can take it up with their supplier and have refunded me. Don't think I'd buy them again after this though!

ah gross, poor pups. I did once have a bag of dry food that was mouldy when I opened it. I sent them a photo and they refunded no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

I'm placing an order on zooplus.ie site this morning. My 3% discount plan expired just before Christmas so I tried to renew it while purchasing my items at checkout.
    No discount plan anymore! Anyone else notice this on the irish site?

jomalone14 wrote: »
    I'm placing an order on zooplus.ie site this morning. My 3% discount plan expired just before Christmas so I tried to renew it while purchasing my items at checkout.
    No discount plan anymore! Anyone else notice this on the irish site?

Yeah you can’t renew on .ie but can get on .com... but you pay postage on .com so with most orders it wipes out your saving :(

Yeah you can’t renew on .ie but can get on .com... but you pay postage on .com so with most orders it wipes out your saving :(

Thanks for this. Just looked up .com I'm reading that postage is free on orders over €99 so I still might be ok for the next order and a new savings plan. Will check it out when ordering again next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Is it possibly to sign up to the savings plan now or is it only for existing savings plan customers?

Not sure if it this would work for you, but I log in to the Irish site with my german account credentials where i set up my discount (7% off) and the discount carries over. Maybe it's just because i had the discount set up before they cut back the offers to Irish customers that it still applies and wont when it comes time to renew.

Also - try this code on the Irish site

IE-WINTER-SALE for 10% OFF until 11PM 1ST Feb 19 on the Irish site (edit: just spotted this code doesn't apply to food!)

After the snouts last time and their inconsistent rabbits ears :o I put in a big order on jr pet products in the uk. I'd gotten some bits and pieces before and preferred them to Zooplus for quality. Also the bags are resealable which saves me having to tip them into containers etc.. The cost was pretty much the same and I got 1kg packs (if they sell something in say 100g packs and you pick 1kg you get 10 packs) to bring it down more...as well as telling myself I was getting €23 off as I'd gotten the refund from zooplus lol! I was a bit :eek: when it all came lol - my friend said its like a drugs stash you see on the news :pac::pac:
    They often have sales so I'll be stocking up from them in future.

471230.png

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We have recently made changes to the way that our savings plan is offered and how we send the invitation to join.

We are no longer able to manually apply the savings plan and regretfully we cannot request for this to be done by our technical team.

The invitation can ONLY be applied by the system and will be sent when triggered to do so.

We expect that you will receive an invitation in due course, but we are not able to confirm when this will be.

Above is the response I got when I asked Zooplus where their Savings plan has gone for customers of the Irish site.
    I spent over €1,250 with them last year as I have 3 big hungry dogs. This has p***ed me off no end.
    I’m done with ordering from them.

• Advertisement

After the snouts last time and their inconsistent rabbits ears :o I put in a big order on jr pet products in the uk. I'd gotten some bits and pieces before and preferred them to Zooplus for quality. Also the bags are resealable which saves me having to tip them into containers etc.. The cost was pretty much the same and I got 1kg packs (if they sell something in say 100g packs and you pick 1kg you get 10 packs) to bring it down more...as well as telling myself I was getting €23 off as I'd gotten the refund from zooplus lol! I was a bit :eek: when it all came lol - my friend said its like a drugs stash you see on the news :pac::pac:
    They often have sales so I'll be stocking up from them in future.

471230.png

Tk123 thanks for this. Unfortunately JR pet products only do treats, if they did food as well, I’d be straight over to them.

Advertisement