Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless HAP payments/levels

• 16-11-2019 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi
    Quick question please. We have a duplex rented out in a rent pressure zone since Feb 2018 so coming up on 2 years. It is rented under the Homeless HAP scheme and fully paid for by the scheme (tenant not contributing anything directly)
    I know generally in an RPZ, rents are not permitted to increase more than 4% per annum, however with the state payments, can they be increased at all?
    We haven't sought any increase since Feb 2018 and I cannot find any info on whether we can look for an increase from the scheme or if we want to try to increase the rent, will it have to be only directly from the tenant.

Basically - do State payments ever increase?

Thanks
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,288 ✭✭✭✭zell12

You can seek a rent increase, follow the rules, notice in writing etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Seek rent increase as per normal rules.
    Go into the RTB site. Type in the lease start date, rent etc and it tells you the max you can increase.

4% rule applies.

The tenant then has to approach the Homeless HAP section and explain the increase.
    They adjust the figures and the tenant continues paying the adjusted % or as agreed between them.

A friend just issued an increase back in September to a Homeless HAPP tenant. Due to start on the 1st December so in theory he should see the increase payment in the end of December’s payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

I have a HAP tenant and I have not increased the rent since she moved in. I see on my local county council site that the HAP has increased. Do I approach the council or does my tenant for an increase?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I have a HAP tenant and I have not increased the rent since she moved in. I see on my local county council site that the HAP has increased. Do I approach the council or does my tenant for an increase?

You issue the tenant with the rent increase as per the RTB rules.
    They then go talk to the hap section.

Advertisement