Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crusher82

Hi all I phoned hq the other day and the lad on the phone told me we will be all getting a letter in the post in the next few week and as far as he knows we wont have to reapply again so at least there doing something...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Joonnor212

Crusher82 wrote: »
    Hi all I phoned hq the other day and the lad on the phone told me we will be all getting a letter in the post in the next few week and as far as he knows we wont have to reapply again so at least there doing something...

That’s positive news, thanks for the update!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

Things will definitley move forward ...we are expecting the new Reserve Garda Strategy before the end of the year and I would reckon that this will need to be in place prior to a recruitment drive .....keep the faith guys ...am sure the good news is coming for you

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Skynet90

What’s the letter for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

Given that the new diversity programme has been rolled out and questions asked in the Dail ...I woul say new Recruitment Campaign before Christmas

• Advertisement

Given that the new diversity programme has been rolled out and questions asked in the Dail ...I woul say new Recruitment Campaign before Christmas

Let’s hope your right

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crusher82

Skynet90 wrote: »
    What’s the letter for ?

He told me it would b to make sure we are still interested in joining etc

He told me it would b to make sure we are still interested in joining etc

Cheers for the reply man. Ya I know the one got it 2 years ago. It will ask us to fill out the BR form again, mark my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

I thought I heard DH telling the PA that this new "strategy" they are coming up with will be more to do with what will be expected of the reserves and they need to make more time commitments considering the GS will be training us....

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

I hope they’ll increase that expense payment...
    €1,000 is a pure joke and a slap on the face of all reserves showing up for duty across Ireland.

• Advertisement

snams wrote: »
    €1,000 is a pure joke and a slap on the face of all reserves showing up for duty across Ireland.

That will not increase. They don’t want reserves so they won’t be paying anymore then that.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

It’s suppose to be a voluntary position, the €1000 is not pay it’s good gesture to cover your lunch etc. You’re in the wrong spot if ya want pay

It’s suppose to be a voluntary position, the €1000 is not pay it’s good gesture to cover your lunch etc. You’re in the wrong spot if ya want pay
    I respect your opinion but I think that you’re so wrong. As we all know, not everything revolves around Dublin and in some areas, the reserves will have to travel a lot to get to their stations.
    I know someone that have to travel 80km every week to do its 4 hours as required and that’s 52 times a year.
    Maths much?

I respect your opinion but I think that you’re so wrong. As we all know, not everything revolves around Dublin and in some areas, the reserves will have to travel a lot to get to their stations.
    I know someone that have to travel 80km every week to do its 4 hours as required and that’s 52 times a year.
    Maths much?

Yeah so if it bothers you or it’s too costly to travel then don’t join, have to get your own priorities straight.

Yeah so if it bothers you or it’s too costly to travel then don’t join, have to get your own priorities straight.

Have to agree with him tbh snams. Your doing it for the experience and to help out in the community. Its a Voluntary post they don’t really have to give you anything, the 1000 euro is just a way of them saying thanks and we will cover your lunch.

It’s not about joining or not; I passed this level a long time ago (see previous posts) and upgraded in the meantime.
    I don’t know what your story is, but as I can see you are on this board only for a while and the person your are looking in the mirror at, is very very bitter.
    I’ll appreciate if you’ll have the courtesy to be more courteous.

Have to agree with him tbh snams. Your doing it for the experience and to help out in the community. Its a Voluntary post they don’t really have to give you anything, the 1000 euro is just a way of them saying thanks and we will cover your lunch.
    Hi Skynet90, I believe you didn’t read the previous post about travelling.
    Thanks!

It’s not about joining or not; I passed this level a long time ago (see previous posts) and upgraded in the meantime.
    I don’t know what your story is, but as I can see you are on this board only for a while and the person your are looking in the mirror at, is very very bitter.

That’s highly insulting to me, I hope you are not currently serving I wouldn’t want to be dealing with a garda insulting me like this in person.

That’s highly insulting to me, I hope you are not currently serving I wouldn’t want to be dealing with a garda insulting me like this in person.
    Please be kind and point out all the insulting words.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dean2020

Anyone have far idea when the garda reserve is recruiting please

• Advertisement

Please be kind and point out all the insulting words.

I don’t know WHAT YOUR STORY is, but as I can see you are on this board only for a while and the PERSON YOUR LOOKING IN THE MIRROR at, is VERY VERY BITTER.

You know nothing about me and MY STORY and your insinuating about me in a poor light -then you go onto calling me very very bitter.

I actually may have a very troubled background and those insults have really put me back into a dark place so thank you for that. You may never hear from me again

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod:

@snams and @Tommy_utd16

Knock it off the pair of you. Just stop.

Dean2020 wrote: »
    Anyone have far idea when the garda reserve is recruiting please

New year maybe man.

I can’t believe it’s gone this long with no word haha like are they for real?

I can’t believe it’s gone this long with no word haha like are they for real?

I rang last week and the fella on the other side said we should have gotten a mandatory message and he said we probably have to fill out the paperwork again!

Joonnor212 wrote: »
    I rang last week and the fella on the other side said we should have gotten a mandatory message and he said we probably have to fill out the paperwork again!

I got no message. They can stuff it if they make me do that BR form again

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Copy and paste

I didn’t get the form myself and when I asked if he would email it on to myself, he said we would be getting it in the post, but he did say it has been over a year so we will more than likely have to fill out the BR again!

Joonnor212 wrote: »
    I didn’t get the form myself and when I asked if he would email it on to myself, he said we would be getting it in the post, but he did say it has been over a year so we will more than likely have to fill out the BR again!

Nahhh I’m done with it. It will just be the same **** again in 2 years time.

• Advertisement

Good luck to anyone continuing on and I really hope it works out for ye.

Advertisement