Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir tv apple tv bundle

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

lads, I can assure you he's right, your UAN changes each time you port.

Comreg are wrong if they are telling people that.

if that was the case, say you port from eir, they could port you back without your knowledge - your UAN is specific to you provider at the time and only them and open eir can see it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    lads, I can assure you he's right, your UAN changes each time you port.

Comreg are wrong if they are telling people that.

if that was the case, say you port from eir, they could port you back without your knowledge - your UAN is specific to you provider at the time and only them and open eir can see it.

You've got it back to front. The whole reason for a UAN is to follow the trail from one provider to another. in your scenario people could change provider and dump them the following week because they keep getting new account numbers.

just to be clear - Each provider issues you with an account number specific to their company when you join.
    If you are moving, the new provider will ask you for your UAN - Universal Account Number. Eir don't want or need VFs account number, and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

whiterebel wrote: »
    You've got it back to front. The whole reason for a UAN is to follow the trail from one provider to another. in your scenario people could change provider and dump them the following week because they keep getting new account numbers.

just to be clear - Each provider issues you with an account number specific to their company when you join.
    If you are moving, the new provider will ask you for your UAN - Universal Account Number. Eir don't want or need VFs account number, and vice versa.

No. I'm right. Your UAN changes when you switch provider. I understand why people would think that given the universal part but it's not correct. Your billing account number is different also but UAN 100% changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Just for clarification on my experience over the last two weeks.

I was with Vodafone and got talked into switching to EIR. I gave the agent the UAN number I had from Vodafone. I was switched to EIR. I was unhappy with the EIR service and decided to switch back to Vodafone who told me that I needed the new UAN from EIR. And low and behold EIR gave me the UAN number and it was indeed totally different to the previous one.

I'm looking at the paperwork in front of me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    No. I'm right. Your UAN changes when you switch provider. I understand why people would think that given the universal part but it's not correct. Your billing account number is different also but UAN 100% changes.

It may change if moving from copper to VDSL or have any other form of disruption to an account, but it doesn't in normal circumstances. Gone off the network entirely now but it stayed the same through multiple provider changes when I had a phone line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

Are you able to record Nickelodeon or any of the children’s channels on the new Eir service? Thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Hi just to follow up on this. I got through to Eir retention, told them i wished to trigger my 14 day cooling off period as the Apple Tv simply didnt do what I wanted it to do. The lady told me to hold onto the Eir Tv box until they had the licences for recording. About a week later I got a text telling me I need to send my old equipment back, couldnt get through on chat or phone but got through on twitter were they told me it was a mistake and to ignore it. Ive been watching the online account daily now waiting for the €100 fee for not returning my equipment to be posted. If this happens I will be cancelling the DD and leaving the service altogether. Not nice to have such a lack of thrust in a company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

emclau wrote: »
    Are you able to record Nickelodeon or any of the children’s channels on the new Eir service? Thanks....
    Nah the last time I checked I could just recored Eir sport although customer care told me I could record numerous channels incl Al Jazeera and the God channel :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I returned my Eir Apple TV box yesterday.

I messaged them a few days ago as I was confused how to return the box.

I was given an freepost address for Eir so I packed it and sent it yesterday.

I was getting close to the 4 week deadline specified for returns so I didn't want any problems.

I was told that if the recording improved in the future I was welcome to reorder in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hollytreehouse

The recording is limited simply because Apple want us to pay for everything. I have really turned against Apple.. as far as I’m concerned they have a hold on everything...mobiles, apps etc...it’s pure GREED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭KildareP

The recording is limited simply because Apple want us to pay for everything. I have really turned against Apple.. as far as I’m concerned they have a hold on everything...mobiles, apps etc...it’s pure GREED

The recording is limited because of the broadcaster - Apple is just the delivery mechanism.

It is why we have not seen cloud recording from Sky, Virgin or Vodafone to date.

It is also why the various providers catch-up and “start over” features are so limited in comparison to the programmes being broadcast.

No good blaming Apple on this one!

Advertisement