Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-10-2019, 13:21   #1
MissyN

CEP Sleeve for DCM

I’m doing the Dublin marathon tomorrow & I purchased a CEP compression calf sleeve (at the expo!) as I have plantar fasciitis & I’m hoping this could help.

Is there any chance I could wear this for the first time tomorrow?
I know the golden rule is nothing new on marathon day but because it’s just a calf sleeve so I’m wondering if I’d get away with it?? This will be my 6th marathon.

I know it’d be risky as I’ve never used anything like this before & it sounds like it could be amazing if it worked well for me.
Advertisement
26-10-2019, 13:41   #2
TFBubendorfer

I struggle to come up with an explanation how a calf sleeve could help with plantar fasciitis.

Apart from that, I would never wear new shoes or new socks to a marathon but I would not expect a calf sleeve to be any trouble - I very much doubt it will help with PF though, so I don't quite see the point.
26-10-2019, 13:49   #3
MissyN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFBubendorfer View Post
I struggle to come up with an explanation how a calf sleeve could help with plantar fasciitis.
Lol I understand the confusion!! The PF stems from tight calves so the sleeve could help & honestly it’ll be cool enough tomorrow so they’d be handy to wear with the shorts.

I was gonna get the PF socks but obviously def couldn’t wear those tomorrow so the sleeves are a compromise
26-10-2019, 18:07   #4
Murph_D

I wouldn't wear anything I'm not used to wearing, but I suppose you could always take it off if it bothers you.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion