Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Broken Treadmill (Argos)

• 22-10-2019 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a Reebok treadmill from Argos back in July.
    Over the weekend it started acting up and now when it's running the motor seems to be struggling.

I didn't take out the insurance Argos offer when purchasing and I can't find the warranty card which came with it. I also don't have the receipt anymore.

What are my options? Should I contact Argos, Reebok or is it completely pointless and I'm now out of pocket.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought a Reebok treadmill from Argos back in July.
    Over the weekend it started acting up and now when it's running the motor seems to be struggling.

I didn't take out the insurance Argos offer when purchasing and I can't find the warranty card which came with it. I also don't have the receipt anymore.

What are my options? Should I contact Argos, Reebok or is it completely pointless and I'm now out of pocket.

Did you give Argos your email when you purchased it? They normally mail you the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Did you give Argos your email when you purchased it? They normally mail you the receipt.

I'd say I would have, but there is no sign of it in my inbox.
    I do have an SMS from them asking to arrange a date/time for delivery which has the order number included.

did you pay by card?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    I'd say I would have, but there is no sign of it in my inbox.
    I do have an SMS from them asking to arrange a date/time for delivery which has the order number included.

What should do it, Argos are very easy to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

If you paid by card. They can search the purchase number for you to get you a refund. They are the best at returns so you shouldn’t have any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Have to say Argos are great on these things.

Print off whatever supporting info you have and bring it to customer services and I’m sure they will sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Rang them earlier and got it sorted.
    They're sending a courier next week to pick up the broken treadmill and have issued me a full refund. They also gave me the choice of a replacement treadmill but I went with the refund instead.

Have to say - their customer service were very helpful and made it a simple pain free process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Best in the business for this stuff

Brought back a dodgy head razor 2 days before the warranty was up.thing still had hair in it. They took it back an gave me a new one.

Still have it 7 years later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Bought a faulty vax Hoover a few years back. No receipt but customer services were able to track it for and got my refund. Makes for a happy return customer .

Advertisement