Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
18-10-2019, 14:19   #1
kmcattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 62
I've Released a free iPhone and Android FPL App

Hi all,

I've released a new iPhone and Android FPL app and would appreciate any feedback or tips people may have for new features.

IPhone URL: https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/fantas...ub/id695320123

Android URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...asyfootballhub

The app will allow you to manage your team, make transfers, check leagues, etc.

I have a release pending which will add an "Include provisional bonus points" toggle on the points view and I am also adding a setting to change the display size of the player jerseys.

The app is completely free with no ads or in app purchases, just looking to get people using it for now.

Give me a shout if anyone has any feedback or questions

Thanks
kmcattack is offline  
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
18-10-2019, 14:27   #2
Pighead
sucks at stalking
 
Pighead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 11,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcattack View Post
Hi all,

I've released a new iPhone and Android FPL app and would appreciate any feedback or tips people may have for new features.

IPhone URL: https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/fantas...ub/id695320123

Android URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...asyfootballhub

The app will allow you to manage your team, make transfers, check leagues, etc.

I have a release pending which will add an "Include provisional bonus points" toggle on the points view and I am also adding a setting to change the display size of the player jerseys.

The app is completely free with no ads or in app purchases, just looking to get people using it for now.

Give me a shout if anyone has any feedback or questions

Thanks
When I click the link it says 'Your device is not compatible with this version'.
Pighead is offline  
18-10-2019, 14:31   #3
kmcattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pighead View Post
When I click the link it says 'Your device is not compatible with this version'.
I'm guessing you're on Android and using Android 8 or below? Google has recently brought in a new requirement that all new app releases must target Android 9 or above
kmcattack is offline  
18-10-2019, 14:33   #4
Murof
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 62
Downloaded, will have a proper look at it later. Best of luck with it.
Murof is offline  
Thanks from:
18-10-2019, 14:48   #5
Pighead
sucks at stalking
 
Pighead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 11,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcattack View Post
I'm guessing you're on Android and using Android 8 or below? Google has recently brought in a new requirement that all new app releases must target Android 9 or above
Ah that explains it! Yes, I've only got a Samsung Galaxy 7. I probably should get an upgrade! Good luck with the app.
Pighead is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-10-2019, 15:26   #6
nullObjects
Registered User
 
nullObjects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 494
Is it possible to use it without giving it my fpl credentials?
nullObjects is offline  
18-10-2019, 15:33   #7
kmcattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullObjects View Post
Is it possible to use it without giving it my fpl credentials?
Not currently as the credentials are needed to view your team, make changes, transfers and even view league details.

I don't store or log any information on users, they are just passed to the fpl api for authentication purposes.

I could think about an unauthenticated mode but the functionality would have to be pretty limited to things like player stats, fixtures and general game stats such as "most transferred in", etc.
kmcattack is offline  
Thanks from:
18-10-2019, 15:38   #8
nullObjects
Registered User
 
nullObjects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 494
Cheers for the reply, best of luck with it
nullObjects is offline  
Thanks from:
18-10-2019, 15:47   #9
jimmii
Registered User
 
jimmii's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 13,574
After recent events I would imagine people would be wary of a new app looking for details. Good to see new apps popping up though good luck!
jimmii is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
18-10-2019, 15:49   #10
kmcattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmii View Post
After recent events I would imagine people would be wary of a new app looking for details. Good to see new apps popping up though good luck!
Ya, bad timing! I had hoped to get it out before the start of the season but life got in the way unfortunately!
kmcattack is offline  
18-10-2019, 17:28   #11
gammygils
Registered User
 
gammygils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,647
Good luck with the app
Unfortunately my device is not compatible (Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge)
gammygils is offline  
Thanks from:
20-10-2019, 08:02   #12
jimmii
Registered User
 
jimmii's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 13,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcattack View Post
Ya, bad timing! I had hoped to get it out before the start of the season but life got in the way unfortunately!
On the flipside imagine you had released it beforehand you probably would have had a night tearing your hear out making sure it hadn't come from you!
jimmii is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet