Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

cyberspi wrote: »
    where is costa coffee in Childers rd? haven't been out there in a while.. is that what went in across from KFC?

Yup, in that new building they just finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Two new businesses opening;

1. In Roches street where a coffee shop on junction with Catherine street recently closed. New Cafe opening there I believe.
    Going under the same name of the last cafe there, Aroma. Same sign above the door and same "celtic tiger era" rip off prices too. E3.50 for a hot chocolate in there! :eek: I can go across the road to French's Cafe and get the same size for E2.50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

A friend of mine is opening a new photography gallery on Wednesday 8th December in The Milk Market.

The gallery is called Elalgallery and facebooked here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elalga...0347668?ref=mf

I am big into photography ... so I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

MonsieurD wrote: »
    A friend of mine is opening a new photography gallery on Wednesday 8th December in The Milk Market.

The gallery is called Elalgallery and facebooked here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elalga...0347668?ref=mf

I am big into photography ... so I can't wait.

linky no workey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Suirioch

linky no workey

Think this is the same gallery http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056111082

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 primenumber

grenache wrote: »
    Going under the same name of the last cafe there, Aroma. Same sign above the door and same "celtic tiger era" rip off prices too. E3.50 for a hot chocolate in there! :eek: I can go across the road to French's Cafe and get the same size for E2.50.

E2.90 gets you a great hot chocolate in the moody cow - they melt a full bar of choc (whichever one you choose) and they also give you marshmallows, cream and a flake on top. My favourite is Terry's choc orange!! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

new restaurant, Franklyns, opened in the crescent, near McCabes. Not tried it yet, but heard that its really nice and is cheaper than centrepeice was:D
    Also out there is a small toy? shop next to Quigleys, think is linked to the Crescent bookshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

New sweet shop Mr Simms opened in OConnell St. across from Chocolate restuarant. Very nice shop and huge selection of sweets. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

New mens shirt shop on patrick street, looks lovely.

Right next door another new 'superdry' clothes shop.

Accross the road on patrick st a discount sports shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

shawnee wrote: »
    New sweet shop Mr Simms opened in OConnell St. across from Chocolate restuarant. Very nice shop and huge selection of sweets. :D

It's fab, got in there for a few mins yesterday but could have spent hours in there. Definitely need to pay another visit over the Christmas. They have everything you could imagine. yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

shawnee wrote: »

Was there the other day, I felt like one of the kids in Willie Wonka waiting on the candyman!! The sweets are amazing and I believe the milk teeth are on order woo hoo!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Was in the new sweet shop but thought it was very expensive, I can't see it lasting after the novelty wears off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Give em a chance, lets not write off they're chances before they get off the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭source

A new bar called Leddin's has opened where Kennedy O'Briens on Lower Hartstonge Street. Didn't get to go inside but spotted it last night driving past.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They actually managed to sell Kennedy O'Briens. I gave up hope of that happening years ago. :D Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

New kebab shop opening where O'Briens was on William St.

Why does Limerick need so many kebab shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I reckon its a polish thing, although it makes no sense as most of them got smart and went elsewhere. Was in poland there last year and there's kebab shops all over the place. We went down this massive street and there was at least 20 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

There's another one opening on Denmark street just beside The Old Quarter Hotel. Woody had his Eden Park shop there for a while and there was a few ladies clothes shops there on and off as well. Be handy for those leaving Nancy's and D'Icon at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There's another one opening on Denmark street just beside The Old Quarter Hotel. Woody had his Eden Park shop there for a while and there was a few ladies clothes shops there on and off as well. Be handy for those leaving Nancy's and D'Icon at night.

Had a look in the window there yesterday, seemed pricey enough :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

That place has been open awhile now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Berty wrote: »
    They actually managed to sell Kennedy O'Briens. I gave up hope of that happening years ago. :D Fair play.

Was it sold or just leased?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Has it still got the pool rooms with the intercom below?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Passed that myself today.

How long have Ulster Bank been beside Elvery's on Henry St? Was pleasantly surprised to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Passed that myself today.

How long have Ulster Bank been beside Elvery's on Henry St? Was pleasantly surprised to see it.

Was it not Bank of Scotland that was there? Ulster Bank is on O' Connell Street

I think it's just an ATM, not a full bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I heard that a new auction room has just after opening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

foinse wrote: »
    I think it's just an ATM, not a full bank.

Ulster Bank business centre has moved there from 95 O'Connell St., Bank of Scotland/Halifax has shut down, even took their ATM wit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

ABEasy wrote: »
    Ulster Bank business centre has moved there from 95 O'Connell St., Bank of Scotland/Halifax has shut down, even took their ATM wit them.

Cheers. Good to see it there. Ulster look poised to do well out of this mess. Extending their opening hours too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I heard that a new auction room has just after opening up.

Is that Limerick Auction Rooms? The one that Parish auctioneers set up :D:D

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement