Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FPL Price Changes 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Terrible first TV week for me. My transfer was Martial in, and not wanting to take a hit I watched Alli go down in value. Really wanted Vinagre to make it to the weekend, but looks set to drop tonight. Anyone else in this situation wondering if a -4 is worthwhile to save value? The loss of 0.1 takes so many transfer options off the table. And since he has to go...

Damn it, think I've answered my own question.

Theres no guarantee vinagre will drop, Jota is currently at the same level and he is rumoured to be joining Liverpool, which should in theory increase his ownership.

I also have vinagre in my team and have also lost 0.1 from mane points drop.

Terrible first TV week for me. My transfer was Martial in, and not wanting to take a hit I watched Alli go down in value. Really wanted Vinagre to make it to the weekend, but looks set to drop tonight. Anyone else in this situation wondering if a -4 is worthwhile to save value? The loss of 0.1 takes so many transfer options off the table. And since he has to go...

Damn it, think I've answered my own question.

I think it is worth it.

What I call a double ender.

Horrible to lose that 0.1m now and it’s also getting rid of a stinker.

Alli & Vinagre out for a -4 or -8, and avoiding the price drops this early in the season, is a no brainer for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

rebekahvardy2911g.jpg

Up

Vardy (£10.1M)
    Digne (£6.1M)
    Justin (£4.6M)

Down

Son (£8.9M)
    Özil (£6.9M)
    Torreira (£4.9M)
    Nelson (£5.4M)
    Guendouzi (£4.9M)
    Rüdiger (£4.9M)
    Abraham (£7.4M)
    Hudson-Odoi (£5.9M)
    McDonald (£4.9M)
    Knockaert (£5.4M)
    Iheanacho (£5.9M)
    Thomas (£4.4M)
    Firmino (£9.4M)
    Lo Celso (£6.9M)
    Grosicki (£5.4M)
    Antonio (£6.4M)
    Felipe Anderson (£6.4M)
    Bowen (£6.4M)
    Jota (£6.4M)
    Vinagre (£4.4M)
    Pulisic (£8.4M)
    Lejeune (£4.4M)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Theres no guarantee vinagre will drop, Jota is currently at the same level and he is rumoured to be joining Liverpool, which should in theory increase his ownership.

I also have vinagre in my team and have also lost 0.1 from mane points drop.

Jota joining Liverpool would decrease his appeal in my eyes.
    Where would he fit in to their starting XI in the league?
    I doubt he'd be a starter and so not guaranteed his minutes.

Would many have him over
    -TAA/Robbo
    or
    -Salah/Mane (could save 5.6 million and reinvest elsewhere I suppose)

Then its a toss up for a 3rd spot between Jota and another Liverpool defender or Allison.
    -Either VVD or Allison would be my pick over Jota.

Could be a case like Shaqiri, solid scorer before joining and now a non-option.
    Similar to Bony to Man City, Demba Ba to Chelsea (to a lesser extent).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

So no rises for Utd or City players. Once the deadline passes do you think they'll be starting from 0% or the 99% fplstatistics has them at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I think it is worth it.

What I call a double ender.

Horrible to lose that 0.1m now and it’s also getting rid of a stinker.

Alli & Vinagre out for a -4 or -8, and avoiding the price drops this early in the season, is a no brainer for me.

Yeah i didn't do it, regret it now, I'll be stuck with him for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭touts

So no rises for Utd or City players. Once the deadline passes do you think they'll be starting from 0% or the 99% fplstatistics has them at?

That's pretty much a gift to be honest. I wanted to move Abua to KDB but then needed to move out Alli once it became apparent he wasnt going to be in Mourinho's plans. This early in the game if the usual changes in price happened I'd have been stuck with a useless 0.4 or 0.3 in the bank. Last Sunday looking at the transfers I fully expected Abua to fall 0.1 and KDB to rise 0.2 by now. So instead I can make that move today and have the full 0.5 cash on the bank which opens lots of options depending on how others play this game week. I can honestly say in the years playing this game I can't recall a transfer price change working out so well for me (which probably means I'm about to have a rash of serious injuries and straight red cards over the next two days).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Also 36 price drops and 6 price rises this week by my count.

Maybe all the transfers were being used on City and Utd players who were frozen but I would have thought 6 rises seems less than normal for GW1?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

3 price drops for me this week saka, son and antonio.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

1 up, 1 down for me.

Transfers following a similar pattern to the last number of years, more drops than rises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Maybe all the transfers were being used on City and Utd players who were frozen but I would have thought 6 rises seems less than normal for GW1?

That's fairly standard, everyone moves from the wide selection of week 1 punts to the players that did better in week 1

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Have to say I feel a bit cheated as I wildcarded early and hoped to capitise more on price increases, especially on Bruno & KBD - just so it be more difficult for other players to slot these guys in down the line!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Have to say I feel a bit cheated as I wildcarded early and hoped to capitise more on price increases, especially on Bruno & KBD - just so it be more difficult for other players to slot these guys in down the line!

Cheated is Martial not going down in price last season with the mass-selling of him.

Yours above we don’t know yet certain algorithms decisions for players that didn’t play week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

What striker would ye recommend for max 6.9? Already have Mitrovic.

Son price drop has screwed me. Was planning on transferring him and Werner for KDB and a 7 striker. Other options is straight swap Aub for KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Tusky wrote: »

Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I dont keep the stats any more but I think only 6 rises into GW2 is pretty low. Not extremely low but 8 to 12 more the norm from memory.

And I think you're exactly right on the reason.

The ratio of falls to rises is high as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Tusky wrote: »

Son price drop has screwed me. Was planning on transferring him and Werner for KDB and a 7 striker. Other options is straight swap Aub for KDB.

Chris Wood or Che Adams

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

UP:

cus1572908814454.jpg

2M2A8470-768x512.jpg

Eleven_%28Stranger_Things%29.jpg

Gabriel
    Mitchell
    Calvert-Lewin
    Klich

DOWN:

S2B-crowd-header.jpg

Willock
    Lallana
    Giroud
    Ziyech
    Milivojevic
    Walcott
    Iwobi
    Le Marchand
    Johansen
    Sessegnon
    Gray
    Benkovic
    Cooper
    Forshaw
    Milner
    Shaqiri
    Keita
    Matty Longstaff
    Mousset
    Ings
    Boufal
    Lamela
    Sessegnon
    Tanganga
    Austin
    Snodgrass

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

How the hell did James not rise

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

titan18 wrote: »
    How the hell did James not rise

I’d say he was a popular choice for week 3 wildcarders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Wonder will I get my 0.1s back on Son and Ings this week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

My planned transfer this week is Auba to KDB.
    I’d like to wait as long as possible and see KDB in action on Monday but My fear is Auba drops 0.1 and KDB rises 0.1.

Is there any price gurus on this thread that can advise on the timing of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    My planned transfer this week is Auba to KDB.
    I’d like to wait as long as possible and see KDB in action on Monday but My fear is Auba drops 0.1 and KDB rises 0.1.

Is there any price gurus on this thread that can advise on the timing of this?

http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/

You'll be fine for today anyway, neither will rise/drop tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Would tonight be the best night to play my wildcard to take advantage of risers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Would tonight be the best night to play my wildcard to take advantage of risers?

If you are playing it, yes, and to avoid the fallers

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Does anyone know:

If I played my wildcard right now and then tomorrow X,Y, and Z rise 0.1m. Do I benefit from the rises?

Theoretically, If I did that and a player rose 0.2m by the next deadline, and I decided to change that player, would I pocket the 0.1m profit, despite not actually playing a GW

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Does anyone know:

If I played my wildcard right now and then tomorrow X,Y, and Z rise 0.1m. Do I benefit from the rises?

Theoretically, If I did that and a player rose 0.2m by the next deadline, and I decided to change that player, would I pocket the 0.1m profit, despite not actually playing a GW

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Werner close to a drop already. Didn't expect it to be that fast.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Players are fickle at the start...lol...jumping on bandwagons before they become bandwagons lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Crazy isn't it? Before a game against West Brom who have shown they are going to really struggle this season.

Werner is one of the best captain candidates as well.

Advertisement