Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can a vacant permanent full time position be advertised as 2 part time positions

• 07-08-2020 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi

Is it possible to split a vacant permanent primary teacher position into 2 part time permanent positions and to advertise them as such?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Window1

Anybody?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I’d check with the INTO .

I’d check with the INTO .

Thanks for the reply. Unlike the ASTI it seems to me, the INTO provide next to no information unless the enquirer is a member of their union. I ventured into the Primary forum here just to see if any primary teachers/principals on board (pardon the pun) had come across this in real life either personally or something they had heard of in other primary schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Window1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Unlike the ASTI it seems to me, the INTO provide next to no information unless the enquirer is a member of their union. I ventured into the Primary forum here just to see if any primary teachers/principals on board (pardon the pun) had come across this in real life either personally or something they had heard of in other primary schools.
    Maybe try asking on Voice for Teachers Facebook page?

zeebre12 wrote: »

I am not a Facebook user but thanks for taking the effort to reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 niairin

zeebre12 wrote: »
    Window1 wrote: »

Join the union

niairin wrote: »
    Join the union

Can one be a member of 2 teachers' unions at the same time?

Advertisement