Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFL 2017 Discussion

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

seipeal1 wrote: »
    One game to go. What a grand final week to look forward to. Delighted we are playing Richmond. They are my 'second' team and deserve to be there also. Have 2 tickets for next week and sporting ambition since young to attend a grand final will be met, hopefully!
    What an amazing atmosphere at Adelaide Oval last night. Bring on next weekend. Go Crows!!!

If you do get to go, make sure you upload some pictures on here! Fantastic opportunity, would love to go to a GF one day too.

I'm not sure who I want to see win. I like the Crows and they play good brand of footy. But if Richmond won, the reaction would be huge! Although in saying that, it would also be unbearable, more so if living over there, but still!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Interesting that not one player from wither team will have played in a Grand Final this year. Great for football. I'll be shouting for the Crows, they are such a balanced team. Great players everywhere.

Myself and a mate are flying over for the weekend to soak up the atmosphere and go on the beer. We will be watching it in a pub somewhere in Melbournne, anyone got any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

If you want to get atmosphere lots of good options around Richmond. They will be packed from early though and saw this today for some of them charging cover charge: 
    http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/afl-grand-final-2017-plan-to-watch-the-footy-at-a-pub-in-richmond-on-saturday-best-buy-a-ticket--20170925-gyo5mc.html
    I like the Corner hotel myself.
    If staying in CBD I watched it a couple of years ago in Turf Sports Bar on Queen Street. Not an out and out AFL bar but good spot if you get in early and get decent spot.
    The Imperial or Young & Jackson are good AFL bars too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Thanks Jackbhoy, we should be able to find somewhere with that bunch. the Turf bar looks good.

We will be shouting for the Crows so I don't think we will be venturing into Richmond, might not be good for our health :pac:

Good luck on Saturday! Been a long time coming for you Tigers fans :)

429388.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Great win for Richmond as they have struggled in recent years. Are they capable of going on now and winning a few more?

Any Irish interest there?

Great win for Richmond as they have struggled in recent years. Are they capable of going on now and winning a few more?

Any Irish interest there?

With Richmond anything could happen next year. Being honest we have a very limited list but seems they all bought into a game plan and played out of their skins this year. I would have been happy with one finals win at start of season and still cant believe we won 3 finals by 6 goals plus. Just amazing. 
    The key will be how our game plan evolves, will players have hunger now to back it up with another season of that intense effort every week and who we recruit in off-season. At the moment I am just enjoying this and can't even consider what next season will bring yet :)
    In terms of Irish, no one at moment. We had John Heslin from Westmeath a few years ago but Richmond haven't been one of clubs to go for Irish guys very much.

Advertisement