Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

MYOB wrote: »
    Taxi drivers and factory workers are unlikely to be in their target audience.

Do 25-44 year olds not work in factories or drive taxis ?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

But wouldn't Today FM cater for that side of an audience, ie. those who aren't keen on dance music?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Only time I listen to 2fm is that dance music while I work on fri and sat mornings and the electric disco sat evenings. One of tne best shows on radio jenny green very slick jock

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

July Rain wrote: »
    Do 25-44 year olds not work in factories or drive taxis ?

The target audience for RTE Gold is not 25-44 year olds. Suggesting putting RTE Gold on instead of something that a poster has expressed an obvious and personal distaste to and would be in contravention of their target audience suggests one thing only - that poster is too cheap to buy a DAB or internet radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

MYOB wrote: »
    The target audience for RTE Gold is not 25-44 year olds. Suggesting putting RTE Gold on instead of something that a poster has expressed an obvious and personal distaste to and would be in contravention of their target audience suggests one thing only - that poster is too cheap to buy a DAB or internet radio.

Yes, you're dead right I'm too cheap to buy one...cause they are soooooooooo expensive!!!!
    Lucky you, if you can buy one....:p

• Advertisement

Is there any truth to an new schedule coming to 2fm or was it just the papers making up stuff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Expunge

I'd say there's some truth in it alright...
    RTE Radio producers (the 'officer class' of the company) can't hold their piss and are only too happy to leak this sort of stuff.
    With the exception of Pat Kenny leaving Radio One, which was done well away from these wastrels, all major schedule changes of the last number of years are in the papers long before they happen.

Along with Larry, either Hector or Will Leahy will be finished as full time 2FM presenters I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Dan Healy says no Presenters are leaving.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/hector-is-not-getting-the-axe-says-2fm-boss-29757165.html
    “Hector to be axed? You might as well have said Hector picked to play for Ireland by Roy Keane,” Mr Healy said. “This is nonsense. I personally rang Hector this morning to assure him that he was not being axed.” Dan Healy told the Herald. ...

“You have to think about the presenters and their presenters and their families reading this and then hearing friends and neighbours.
    “It's absolutely horrendous for good guys doing their job well,” he said.

So there you go. He won't (or can't) make any changes to the on-air personnel.

It's almost as if he blames the public for not tuning in, not the Presenters.

You would wonder if he ever listens to the programmes. With a handful of exceptions they just aren't good enough.

Skid X wrote: »
    Dan Healy says no Presenters are leaving.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/hector-is-not-getting-the-axe-says-2fm-boss-29757165.html

So there you go. He won't (or can't) make any changes to the on-air personnel.

It's almost as if he blames the public for not tuning in, not the Presenters.

You would wonder if he ever listens to the programmes. With a handful of exceptions they just aren't good enough.

Didn't Healy say recently he wanted to make the morning schedule more dublin friendly ? Hard to do that with Hector.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Heym

"This is nonsense.."

Yeah right. Let's see what news breaks this weekend shall we !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Aubrielle Petite Trapdoor

Heym wrote: »
    "This is nonsense.."

Yeah right. Let's see what news breaks this weekend shall we !

Insider info? He never said he wouldn't move his slot.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Insider info? He never said he wouldn't move his slot.

I reckon from Healys comments Hector is staying on breakfast. I can't see where else in the schedule he would go.

I reckon from Healys comments Hector is staying on breakfast. I can't see where else in the schedule he would go.

Friday nights from 3-5am would suit him IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

So, Lottie Ryan...

Whos responsible for that then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

barryd09 wrote: »
    So, Lottie Ryan...

She is all that is wrong with rte!

Little or no talent, and only there because of who she is related to!

A waste of a radio slot and licence fee money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

She is all that is wrong with rte!

Little or no talent, and only there because of who she is related to!

A waste of a radio slot and licence fee money.

BRING BACK BAZ AND LUCY :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

So, Lottie Ryan...

HEard her once a couple of weeks back....

Found her very amatuerish. Not that every DJ has to sound like a pro but they must have some competance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

"We're close to finishing a major deal with a sponsor for Ryan's show which will be worth a big chuck of money," Mr Healy told the Herald.

Chuck money at it in the hopes of reanimating the corpse.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bureau2009

BRING BACK BAZ AND LUCY :D
    While the entire nation can see the sheer weakness of Lottie Ryan's presentation skills I would N E V E R go so far as to resurrect Baz & Lucy - definitely the worst radio in the world ever (except of course for Marty Whelan:mad: )

• Advertisement

The star are saying Will Leahy will replace Hector on breakfast. don't see that happening with his day job.http://www.thestar.ie/star/hectors-2fm-show-faces-axe-36193/

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

Heard the Golden Hour today for the first time in ages. More like the brass hour - first two songs were Steps and Westlife. Think Larry will be for the chop, although I imagine he doesn't have that much of an input into the playlist under the new regime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The star are saying Will Leahy will replace Hector on breakfast. don't see that happening with his day job.http://www.thestar.ie/star/hectors-2fm-show-faces-axe-36193/

It would actually suit him better having thr early starts, sure courts in this country only work between 11 and 3.30 anyway. With a two hour lunch in between!

This story has gone cold.I guess there was nothing to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

So, Lottie Ryan...

Constant updates on those Kardasian people in her unbearable Ross O Carroll Kelly accent.

Are they going to let Larry go home? The poor fella needs a cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 juu

Didn't Healy say recently he wanted to make the morning schedule more dublin friendly ? Hard to do that with Hector.

The funny thing is Hectors got the strongest Dublin listenership out of them all on 2fm Weekdays so even if he is a culchie the Dubs seem to like him more then the likes of Colm Hayes who is an actual Dub. What does that tell us I'm not sure !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Cracked I fan

2fm should hire Chris Greene, Mary Mcgill, Brian & Dara , Anton savage, Mairead Farrell .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Cracked I fan

Will Leahy for breakfast, Aidan power for drive, An extra hour for Rick O Shea, Larry Gogan moving to weekend mornings on Radio 1.

Will Leahy for breakfast, Aidan power for drive, An extra hour for Rick O Shea, Larry Gogan moving to weekend mornings on Radio 1.

Got the lotto numbers aswell?

• Advertisement

Bernard and Keith (former iRadio iWakeUp hosts) and Jennifer McGuire from what I've been told.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement