Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wearing hoodies in the gym

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Brian? wrote: »
    I don't know man. That's a lot of responsibility.

That's the price of greatness.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,924 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yea :D

Deadly. You should get a tank top with a wolf on it to go with them.

LdcPB2J.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I would totally wear that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

bluewolf wrote: »
    I would totally wear that

Me too

It's availible soon... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

I thought wearing a hoody to a gym would be the most appropriate place to wear it..considering its sports wear and well... your in a gym.??

I wear a hoody to the gym, in the gym, outside the gym, to the cinema and wherever else I want to be comfortable. I must take it off in future so people dont think I'm a d!ck. :confused::confused::confused:

Greenduck wrote: »
    I thought wearing a hoody to a gym would be the most appropriate place to wear it..considering its sports wear and well... your in a gym.??

I wear a hoody to the gym, in the gym, outside the gym, to the cinema and wherever else I want to be comfortable. I must take it off in future so people dont think I'm a d!ck. :confused::confused::confused:

I think it was guys walking round with the hoods up, not you're average garden variety gym goer who's a bit chilly. same guys with 40 yard scowls and huge earphones etc!! I'd imagine

I asked one such guy before could he help me lift a loaded bar off the squat rack and he said..eh not at the moment, "I'm recovering from a heavy deadlift set!!" he was standing with his hands on his hips at the time, at least 3 mins, which is why I asked him, he looked available!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

rusty cole wrote: »
    I think it was guys walking round with the hoods up, not you're average garden variety gym goer who's a bit chilly. same guys with 40 yard scowls and huge earphones etc!! I'd imagine

I asked one such guy before could he help me lift a loaded bar off the squat rack and he said..eh not at the moment, "I'm recovering from a heavy deadlift set!!" he was standing with his hands on his hips at the time, at least 3 mins, which is why I asked him, he looked available!!

Maybe he was after deadlifting 200kg x3 and having 3 minutes rest between sets. Plus lifting a loaded bar off a rack is plain awkward and maybe he was knackered.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Maybe he was after deadlifting 200kg x3 and having 3 minutes rest between sets. Plus lifting a loaded bar off a rack is plain awkward and maybe he was knackered.

yeah so someone lifting 200kg for whichever amount of reps will find lifting 40kg (half the 80kg barbell)from one rack to the next just plain awkward? well ok if you say so. i've done 20 reps squats and rested for 3 minutes too, I'd never actually say to someone, I'm actually too fried right now brah, just out of self respect really but that's just me. you obviously feel he would need two weeks notice by the sound of it. maybe he wouldn't offer his seat on a bus either, "my quads are so hammered right now mam!!!"

I hear your point but to me that spells absolute tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

yeah so someone lifting 200kg for whichever amount of reps will find lifting 40kg (half the 80kg barbell)from one rack to the next just plain awkward? well ok if you say so. i've done 20 reps squats and rested for 3 minutes too, I'd never actually say to someone, I'm actually too fried right now brah, just out of self respect really but that's just me. you obviously would need two weeks notice by the sound of it, being so well informed for one who wasn't actually there at the time.

Maybe the lad was tired. Maybe means I don't actually know
    Me personally, I'd never refuse to help someone lift anything

• Advertisement

yeah so someone lifting 200kg for whichever amount of reps will find lifting 40kg (half the 80kg barbell)from one rack to the next just plain awkward? well ok if you say so. i've done 20 reps squats and rested for 3 minutes too, I'd never actually say to someone, I'm actually too fried right now brah, just out of self respect really but that's just me. you obviously feel he would need two weeks notice by the sound of it. maybe he wouldn't offer his seat on a bus either, "my quads are so hammered right now mam!!!"

For your own sake, switch gyms!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

No judgement, but why didn't you unload the bar?

Judgement, you should have unloaded the bar you lazy get.

I'd say the above was going through is mind.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

For your own sake, switch gyms!

why would I switch gyms. you have to understand there Alf that these threads are compiled of many stories with common themes, so it seems concentrated. However these things I notice have happened over years of training, about 20 to be fair, admittedly some bizarre ones as of the last few years, down to changes in training and arrival of different cultures, habits and demographics all sharing the same common floor space. basically it seems worse because often times I personally give examples of the most shyte behavior I've encountered that's all.

I wouldn't take it too personally, as though to almost sound threatening there eh!! "for my own sake" a

No judgement, but why didn't you unload the bar?

Judgement, you should have unloaded the bar you lazy get.

I'd say the above was going through is mind.

I did unload it that's the point. I just didnt think someone grabbing the other end would be that taxing or problematic, on busy nights plates can get swiped so easy and I just thought it would be quicker that's all..

just making a point, sharing an instance, don't wanna be hung drawn and quartered by the fitness thread locals over it though..so touchy sometimes, jeeeshhh one's telling to leave my gym for my own sake, the other is using words like judgement!! ouch, next I'll have your buddy Hanley on rowing in as to why stripping weights actually boosts the metabolism.

anyway no offence taken, all good. see yiz in the trenches. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Cassandra Green Typo

Eleven pages now LOL.

*** edit ***

Twelve pages now LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Eleven pages now LOL.

*** edit ***

Twelve pages now LOL.

5 if you change your posts per page settings!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Or 14 if your on the touch site.

Fitness forum really doing itself justice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

should make a poll

there were quite a few hoodies on the go tonight i must say, cant say i ever noticed before i read this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

IvoryTower wrote: »
    should make a poll

there were quite a few hoodies on the go tonight i must say, cant say i ever noticed before i read this thread!

They may as well have stayed at home and ordered a take away...Shur training in a hoodie is a complete waste of time. Apparently if you're wearing a hoodie you're just not doing it right. One time I wore odd socks to the gym and completely ruined leg day for myself.

yeah so someone lifting 200kg for whichever amount of reps will find lifting 40kg (half the 80kg barbell)from one rack to the next just plain awkward?

No judgement, but why where you moving racks in the first place?

Also, just have just left it there are filled a new barbell like everyone else.

• Advertisement

I did unload it that's the point. I just didnt think someone grabbing the other end would be that taxing or problematic, on busy nights plates can get swiped so easy and I just thought it would be quicker that's all..

just making a point, sharing an instance, don't wanna be hung drawn and quartered by the fitness thread locals over it though..so touchy sometimes, jeeeshhh one's telling to leave my gym for my own sake, the other is using words like judgement!! ouch, next I'll have your buddy Hanley on rowing in as to why stripping weights actually boosts the metabolism.

anyway no offence taken, all good. see yiz in the trenches. :)

Touchy? I was joking with you. Everything in this thread is light hearted from what I can see.

they/them/theirs

I wouldn't take it too personally, as though to almost sound threatening there eh!! "for my own sake" a

Threatening? Not sure how you found it threatening. But you have recount a few incidents that seem to bother you so I suggested switching gyms where there wouldn't be as many incidents that annoy you. But it's only a small number of non-incidents over 20 years so context.

ok ok we'll calm the jets here. so as not to typecast myself here, Yes I agree, reading posts back Alf, the gyms Ive been in, read like a who's who of ****wittery!

It's kinda like when a poster mentions something stupid, it leads to a segue which jogs my memory as much to say.." oh don't talk to me, this dope in the gym tonight..thus the rant".. that may be why it seems I have high density or ratio on eejits : normal folk.

I do notice as I get older, that I have a low tolerance for ignorance and bull**** though. That will come through in my posts alright but think of me as more of a Sean lock type and not say Sean penn!! if you will.

for the record also, ridicule, banter, insults, joking aside, I find these board threads very insightful and extremely helpful, I've said that loadsa times.
    I'll try come across as less of a *ick going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mishal54

It could be that some people are body conscious?

It could also be their training requires long rest intervals and wearing a hoody keeps them warm? Primarily strength training for a nervous system response.

I doubt it's a style thing, being honest.

It's actually kid of shocking to see such a long thread over hoodies given the mad things people wear in the gym these days.
    I wear them to stop from mirin' myself in the gym constantly. For real. I do this to only analyze myself seriously in a mirror once a week. Looking at yourself everyday makes you think you aren't progressing that much. When you do it once a week you notice dem gainz.

Mod Note: please don't resurrect threads to troll.

they/them/theirs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement