Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Irish Bookstores

• 13-09-2020 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Kennys.ie have delivery times of 4 to 8 days.

It is this for al (or least on a lot of books)

Does anyone know if they quicker that this?

I've tried Dubrays bob an they say 10 to 12 days.

Any recommendations for other sits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Kenny's are pretty quick, certainly I've had my books sooner than 8 days any time I order. but the volumes online bookshops are trying to manage at the moment are unusual and they're doing their best. Gutter Bookshop is great too, and Bob and Marta are lovely to deal with. Are you looking for something specific in a hurry? Everything will take some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

What’s the hurry? I have books I bought years ago that are still sitting in the to read pile.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Kenny's are pretty quick, certainly I've had my books sooner than 8 days any time I order. but the volumes online bookshops are trying to manage at the moment are unusual and they're doing their best. Gutter Bookshop is great too, and Bob and Marta are lovely to deal with. Are you looking for something specific in a hurry? Everything will take some time.

It was a hurry. I went with Amazon.

Gutter Bookshop didn't come up in my search that I can remember. I assume Bob & Martha are the owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

echo beach wrote: »
    What’s the hurry? I have books I bought years ago that are still sitting in the to read pile.

I'm trying to figure out the relevance of your post to what I asked.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It was a hurry. I went with Amazon.

Gutter Bookshop didn't come up in my search that I can remember. I assume Bob & Martha are the owners?

Bob's the owner, he's usually in Temple Bar. Marta is his right-hand woman and she is usually in Dalkey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭The White Feather

A site that I use a lot is thebookshop.ie

They are Irish and they sell mostly second hand books but have some new books too. Most books are really cheap around 2 euro. If you have an order over 20 euro then there is free shipping on orders over 20 euro if you live in Ireland. They use a courier as well.

I have used them a few times and from what I gather they send most from Limerick very quickly. For the rarer books they come from the warehouse in Tipperary which takes a day or 2 longer. I cant remember exactly how long they took but it is fairly quick. Its a bit pot luck on what they have but you can search online and look through everything at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭The White Feather

A site that I use a lot is thebookshop.ie

They are Irish and they sell mostly second hand books but have some new books too. Most books are really cheap around 2 euro. If you have an order over 20 euro then there is free shipping on orders over 20 euro if you live in Ireland. They use a courier as well.

I have used them a few times and from what I gather they send most from Limerick very quickly. For the rarer books they come from the warehouse in Tipperary which takes a day or 2 longer. I cant remember exactly how long they took but it is fairly quick. Its a bit pot luck on what they have but you can search online and look through everything at least.

Just a note on this. I ordered books on sunday night and they came today (tuesday) lunchtime. That was very quick. They came from Tipperary but I am in Cork. Still really quick service though. Books that are in Limerick take a bit extra so 2 more books that I ordered will probably come tomorrow. Just explaining in case people wondered. It is actually the other way around to my previous post.

Advertisement