Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VIOMI V3 LDS Laser Navigation Wet and Dry Robot Vacuum Cleaner

• 07-09-2020 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭

Any robot vacuum cleaner experts here?

Are they worth the money or more trouble than they're worth?

Thinking of getting a VIOMI V3 LDS Laser Navigation Wet and Dry Robot Vacuum Cleaner from Gearbest for about €420 landed. I like Xiaomi tech so don't have any worries in terms of whether the product will be well built etc

From the video reviews I've watched it seems to be the best value for money for my needs which are basically all wooden floors, dog hair and messy teenagers.

Any thoughts before I pull the trigger?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

For anyone who did read my original post I went ahead and ordered this and have to say it's doing a great job. It mapped the house out (downstairs) on the first run enabling me to then segment the map (using the app) into rooms and areas to keep it away from e.g. under the corner TV cabinet as it's full of cables etc.

As we have wooden floors throughout all I do now is clip in the 2 in 1 tank for mopping and vacuuming at the same time, set a repeating daily schedule, leave the doors to the rooms I want cleaned per the schedule (kitchen and hallway every 2 days, less used room and office twice a week) open and at 10am when most people are at work or school off it goes and does it's cleaning. I thought it wouldn't be able to pick up much dog hair and general debris but because it does it so regularly it doesn't need to, it just keeps the place hair free and the floors wiped clean. The mopping isn't steam clean trpe mopping, it's more like a comprehensive rub of a damp cloth but it really does a nice job and leaves a good freshly cleaned type finish.

At the end of it's cleaning it goes back to the charging station and I get a confirmation from the app that it's finished. I also get a notification on my phone to remove the 2 in 1 tank which I don't clear off my phone until I've done it (takes 30 seconds to empty the dust/hair etc and refill the water) so it's freshly installed and ready to go on it's next schedule.

The app also allows you call it to do spot cleaning by touching an area of the map or by defining a square or rectangle area you want cleaned.

It's a genius piece of kit, very glad we got it.

Advertisement