Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's lockdown/covid 19 affecting your workplace

• 16-05-2020 12:04pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just out of curiousity how's it affecting everyone?

Can you work from home?

Do you think your company will be recruiting?

I'd a couple of interviews lined up but have been postponed due to the lockdown.

Comments

CatFromHue wrote: »

Can you work from home?

I'd a couple of interviews lined up but have been postponed due to the lockdown.

I work in pharma - the site is still open but we’ve been asked to work from home as much as we can. Some recruitment has been paused but other recruitment is still going ahead (by Zoom or WebEx).

Working from home is ok for the moment, but I’m in the spare room and we’ve another kid on the way, so...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Working from home for c 10 weeks. As busy as ever.

Planes phased return to work in mine with government forecast.

Work still coming in.

We are recruiting. We would take on a couple of people tomorrow if we found the right be people.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Can you work from home?

Public sector provider - 99% of staff working home with only critical staff onsite as needed

Working from home is working well but needs some more collaboration tools which IT are rolling out

Still recruiting but some projects shelved for 2020 so slowed down a lot but ones are being done over Zoom and calls

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just had a look on Irishjobs.ie and there are a few live jobs being advertised by companies.

So not all bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Engineering112

Our company stayed open throughout the Lockdown to provide essential services in Engineering.

Nobody works from home and we are all fine and healthy.

We are recruiting but only 1 or 2 people.

Our staff are very careful of their activities outside their workplace in order to protect themselves, their family and colleagues.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Is everyone still WFH? or have people started to move back to the office?

What about people who would have practical work (lab testing, prototyping etc) are you WFH or onsite?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Can you work from home?

Yes. We were all provided with an monitor (already had laptops), wireless keyboard and mouse.

Aggressively recruiting at the moment. A batch of new grads just started.
    Is everyone still WFH? or have people started to move back to the office?

A few people are back in the office, most work from home.
    I do around 3 days a week in the office.
    What about people who would have practical work (lab testing, prototyping etc) are you WFH or onsite?

All of my work is design (bio pharmaceutical) for a facility in mainland Europe. We have done some FAT’s online with webcams recently. It worked well. I may have to attend SATs later though, we will see.

Advertisement