Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Canal clean-up on the way..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

would love to salvage one and take it on as a project but dont think it's legal

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

fergus1001 wrote: »
    would love to salvage one and take it on as a project but dont think it's legal

WI do sell them on, these are the ones they put up earlier this month https://www.waterwaysireland.org/Documents/Tender%20for%20Boat%20Removal%20September%202020%20Pictures.pdf you get a day to look over them and then put in a bid, a notice of the next lot will be put on the WI web site and an add will be in the paper.

Remember there is no such thing as a cheep boat :)

10414644_895245200501281_8331853127844337997_n_zpsb229ac86.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8 colin.d

anyone know where they are starting.. they are not in lowtown yet anyway

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

colin.d wrote: »
    anyone know where they are starting.. they are not in lowtown yet anyway

They are lifting them in Vicarstown today.

fergal.b wrote:
    They are lifting them in Vicarstown today.

there goes my plans of refloating one :pac:

• Advertisement

I missed out on this years lot by 2 weeks they had a lovely bayliner 2455 which I would have loved ...

fergus1001 wrote: »
    I missed out on this years lot by 2 weeks they had a lovely bayliner 2455 which I would have loved ...

Try looking in some of the marinas most of them have a for sale section, thats where I got mine.

Before-And-After-Shots-Of-an-adapted-cruiser-boat-Bow.jpg

anyone know where they are at the moment.. we are waiting for them to move a few.. lovely job done on that fergal fair play

colin.d wrote: »
    anyone know where they are at the moment.. we are waiting for them to move a few.. lovely job done on that fergal fair play

These should be in the next few weeks.

Waterways Ireland wishes to advise masters and owners of vessels that:
    Vessels with no permit, Bye Law 6(8)
    Vessels non-attended and apparently abandoned, Bye Law 6(8)
    Vessels doubled moored and causing obstruction (sunk) , Bye Law 27 (3)
    Vessels deemed to be / likely to cause a hazard to navigation, Bye 33(3),
    will be removed from the Grand canal at Sallins, Lowtown, Robertstown and Hazelhatch and environs on Monday 28th September 2020 or shortly thereafter as operationally convenient. Removed vessels may then be subsequently disposed of in accordance with Bye Law 34(2).

yea theres about 20 in lowtown to be removed there was 36 but some have removed by owners or got permits.. but we are waiting for a space along with our friend so we can have power too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

fergal.b wrote: »
    Try looking in some of the marinas most of them have a for sale section, thats where I got mine.

Did you not have to look under the marian for it? :):rolleyes::P

Advertisement