Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭vid36

lisac223 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can definitely check the results online yourself or do you have to sign up to something for that? I have a login for the Law Society with my exam number and I know it's only the Oct 2018 "check my results" thing but when I log into that it says error (presumably bc this is my first time). Just wondering if I can safely presume it'll work for me when they're actually out or should I email them to check my account is activated or whatever? Will be away in May so I won't be able to get them by post :/
    The information email about logging in online to check results usually comes about a week before the release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Jimdtug1

I'm not sure if you're clutching at straws, I'm 4/4 so far and I'm confident of 3/4 this sitting but I'm certain one of them will fall between 45 and 55.

In the info sheets they refer to the exam board deciding if you've passed or not and the whole manner in which it is written suggests that there's a final meeting around a big table where they look at the results overall (which is hopeful nonsense I suppose) but like yourself I'm hoping there's some overall ability to look at your grades - perhaps if you've gotten 60 plus in 7 and 48 in your last bad day exam (everyone has them) they give you the bare 50. I think it'll depend on the examiner you fail with though.

I really hope so. The thoughts of having to wait another full year before attending Blackhall is sickening.
    Here's to hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

vid36 wrote: »
    The information email about logging in online to check results usually comes about a week before the release date.

Ohh I didn't know that, great thanks a mill! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Bleak question but did anyone scan the exam papers from this sitting per chance? Or have a soft copy of them? I'm looking for Property, Equity, Constitutional and Contract if anyone can help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dliodoir2021

What sort of wages are the norm for a legal administrator?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

What sort of wages are the norm for a legal administrator?

Really depends on the size of the firm I suppose. With 0 to 3 years experience around €24,000.00 a year. The larger firms in Dublin pay more but if youre renting in Dublin factor all the extra living expenses into consideration.

Try and pass your exams and qualify, legal admin is hard work, poor pay and little recognition I find. A good secretary is worth their weight in gold but rarely appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Why’s b

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

What’s the average trainee salary in 2019? Does it go down while you’re in blackhall?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 coalition

Does anyone have experience with those notes and sample answers floating around on the Adverts site? I’m thinking 10 euro might be worth it for sample answers?

Mod
    Pls do not discuss these services on this forum
    Apart from that, good luck to all awaiting results

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

Are we looking at the 3rd of May for the results?

• Advertisement

Are we looking at the 3rd of May for the results?

Could be the 10th.They will inform us the week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

vid36 wrote: »
    Could be the 10th.They will inform us the week before.

I am hoping its the 3rd, thats what i have my mind set on.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

Has anyone heard of anybody passing 3 if they only sit 3, first time round. I’m hearing that the results go in front of a board and it doesn’t look good if you only sit 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

Law101 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of anybody passing 3 if they only sit 3, first time round.

Sat four myself but there's definitely a few heads on here that have sat 3 and passed 3 first time.
    I’m hearing that the results go in front of a board and it doesn’t look good if you only sit 3!

As in they punish you for only sitting 3? That sounds silly to me.

Sat four myself but there's definitely a few heads on here that have sat 3 and passed 3 first time.

As in they punish you for only sitting 3? That sounds silly to me.
    I would not recommended anyone sit three because you can always get a rouge paper.However, I don't think you will be punished for just sitting three.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GF612

Has anyone heard of anybody passing 3 if they only sit 3, first time round. I’m hearing that the results go in front of a board and it doesn’t look good if you only sit 3!

I sat only 3 in my first sitting and got all 3. It shouldn't matter how many you sit.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Townton

Anyone have advice for sitting one exam. Got seven of the eight have one left just wondering what people think is needed time wise. How many months before would you give yourself and what would be the minimum time each day. It is a subject I have already done and I am more used to doing four at a time. basically looking for time management advice when studying in for one exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BasedHobbes

Townton wrote: »
    Anyone have advice for sitting one exam. Got seven of the eight have one left just wondering what people think is needed time wise. How many months before would you give yourself and what would be the minimum time each day. It is a subject I have already done and I am more used to doing four at a time. basically looking for time management advice when studying in for one exam.

Worth starting as early as you can to cover as much of the course. Depends on the subject though really, as some have shorter curriculums than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 leek15

Anyone have any idea when the March results might be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 username0001

leek15 wrote: »

From what I've heard either 3 May or 10 May. We're due to get an email a week before they get published.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭ Kyree Bumpy Shrimp

leek15 wrote: »
    From what I've heard either 3 May or 10 May. We're due to get an email a week before they get published.

I'm sure if you call the Law Society they will give you the date... for a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

I just called the Law Society and spoke to Fiona the exam administrator. She said the results will be out next Friday, May 3rd! She seemed pretty definite about that so barring any technical difficulties it will be then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Thanks for that!

Has anyone received an email to that effect yet? I don't want to request the day off before getting the email :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Freckley201

Thanks for that!

Has anyone received an email to that effect yet? I don't want to request the day off before getting the email :pac:

Not yet, but last sitting the email didn’t come till about 3/4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 leek15

I got an email this morning to say the provisional results date is the 3rd of May. Fingers crossed for no technical issues this time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Got the email just now.

I will have an actual breakdown if the same issues as last time arise. It was hours before i could sign in. Disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Leraf wrote: »
    Got the email just now.

I will have an actual breakdown if the same issues as last time arise. It was hours before i could sign in. Disaster

Me too!! And I got told this week that I have a training contract for this year if i pass. My nerves won't be able for technical tom foolery!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Me too!! And I got told this week that I have a training contract for this year if i pass. My nerves won't be able for technical tom foolery!

Same! Plus I'm abroad next Friday, so internet is the only option for me!! It's already killing me :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jamesgrozz

Hey, I don't know if this is the right thread to post in but just wondering if anyone knows when the next exam sitting is? I am just coming out of uni aswell and if anyone has any advice of which 4 I should do first I would be grateful!

• Advertisement

jamesgrozz wrote: »
    Hey, I don't know if this is the right thread to post in but just wondering if anyone knows when the next exam sitting is? I am just coming out of uni aswell and if anyone has any advice of which 4 I should do first I would be grateful!
    We will know the timetable for the next sitting on Friday. It takes place at the beginning of October.
    For your first sitting, I would recommend Contract,Property, Equity and Criminal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement